May 29, 2016

MOVIE REVIEW--Captain America: Civil War

Whoa. Just whoa! Captain America: Civil War was soooo awesome! And yet, now I fear what this might mean for the Avengers! They were divided and it seems like they might remain so. 

I never really know how much these movies stay true to the comic history, but I guess it doesn't really matter. Since Captain America is now some sort of villain. Because that totally makes sense! o.O

But anyways, this one had a very interesting storyline that brought in all of the Avengers and how basically everything is a mess due to the last Avenger movie. The thing about these Marvel movies is how interconnected they all are! We get characters popping in each other's movies and whatnot, and some threads are continued along the way. Like how things are very tense with the Avengers now because not only did they make a mess with their last "save the world" scenario, but while doing the same thing again, they made yet another mess that led to innocent people dying. And this is not making the world happy, so the U.N. wants the Avengers to sign a contract that basically says they Avengers will listen and basically work for them. And this is where the line gets drawn. 

Tony thinks it's a fine idea, they have made mistakes when trying to help people and he thinks a little "restriction" or whatever, might not be such a bad thing. The Captain is against it. He thinks it will stop them from being the heroes they should be and only getting to save who they are told or being told to attack people that might be innocent after all. The politics of  get a little messy, but when you're watching the movie you totally understand it!

The Winter Solider, aka Bucky, returns as well. He's a guy you feel for. He honestly can't help the way he is since he was pretty much brainwashed for all these years and he struggles to be the good guy. And that is what leads to a lot of trouble! The Captain wants to stand by his best friend, but he is being pitted against his old friends, the Avengers.

This is truly a movie that needs to be seen in order to grasp everything I am struggling to tell you all! But I have to say, it was freaking awesome!! I love a good action movie and the Marvel comic movies are always sooo awesome! Though this one did tug at the heartstrings because literally everyone is against each other and that sadden me! Thor and Hulk were mentioned as being MIA, which was also sad, but it makes me wonder what sides they would choose. I think I saw an article about this but I can't remember what it said.

We do get two new superheroes, Spiderman and the Black Panther. It was interesting to see this new Spiderman. There's already two of them in the Marvel Universe and I guess he makes up for a third one and it doesn't seem like he was bitten by the radioactive spider either, but that's another story I'm assuming! The Black Panther was a new to me superhero but I ended up really liking him! He's definitely gotta have some sort of story to him as I didn't quite understand how he came into the superhero role!

Overall, this was a really great movie! It was a lot of fun with action and the occasional humorous moment! There was quite a shocking reveal at the near end and it really makes you think about things. It's SO hard to talk about this movie without getting into spoilers, but it definitely makes me wonder what that 2 part Avengers movie will entail now that there's division in the ranks!


Overall Rating 5/5 stars




4 comments:

  1. okay so just in case there are spoilers didn't read your review. I read snippits and now you thought it was amazing which is all I need to know for now. I really need to get my butt to the movies and see it. glad you loved it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved this movie so much. I liked it almost as much as the original Captain America movie.
    Krystianna @ Downright Dystopian

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is one awesome movie isn't it. People say there are either Team Cap or Iron Man but me, i just can't answer because both sides laid out some pretty great points. So excited for the Thor Ragnarok and the Doctor Strange movie.

    Aparajita @Le' Grande Codex

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loved this movie so much too. It broke my heart to see them split, but I really liked the way it was done. And in the end I walked away happy.

    I'm so glad you loved it too!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are an award all on their own! So my blog is an award free one! Thanks for any consideration though!