May 1, 2016

Stacking the Shelves

Stacking The Shelves is all about the books we are adding to our shelves each week, sharing with you our excitement for our newest titles and maybe have you discover a new book in the process!


I had me a nicey-nice week! The work portion wasn't so nice, but the bookish portion was definitely more my style!!

Here's what I got from beautiful Tuesday:

The Rose and the Dagger by Renee Ahdieh
The Mirror and the Maze by Renee Ahdieh
Prodigy the Graphic Novel by Marie Lu, Ill. by Kaari, Adapted by Leigh Dragoon
It Takes One by Kate Kessler
Bright Blaze of Magic by Jennifer Estep
Soldier by Julie Kagawa


Then on Saturday to celebrate Independent Bookstore day, I went to a local bookstore and found me a bargain! Plus since my mom was with me and also bought a book, we both got to get an ARC! So naturally, she let me choose for her! Here's what I got from that:

 Shadows by Paula Weston--this was on my wishlist for awhile now and wouldn't you know it I found the first book in the series in the bargain shelf! It was half off!!
The Flame Never Dies by Rachel Vincent (ARC)--SO cannot wait to read this one because it's Rachel Vincent!!
Heir to the Sky by Amanda Sun (ARC)--I had heard mixed things about this one. At first I was curious and then I got nervous, but when I saw this among the choices, I thought why not?!  

THANK YOU Main Street Books!!


It also happened to be the Greater St. Louis Area Book Fair this weekend! So I stopped by there after work on Friday! There were a TON of books, but sadly, as I realized last year, very little organization. I mean it is organized by genres, but you'll find YA books in the adult Sci-Fi/Fantasy and adult Urban Fantasies in the YA section, YA books in the children's section...it's just utter chaos! I basically go to see if I can find books for my collections and if I can happen to find a random title that's on my back burner. I did find three lovelies and it only cost $9 for them all!

The Girl with All the Gifts by M.R. Carey--heard good things about this creepy psychological thriller! I'm pretty sure I bought it on my kindle as a kindle deal some time ago, but how can I say no to a $5 paperback?
Enclave by Ann Aguirre--I initially had this one some years ago and then just donated it. But I decided I wanted to give it a go again at some point! And at $3 for a hardcover, into my hands it went!
Blood and Chocolate by Annette Curtis Klause--I read this one years ago in middle school, we won't mention what year it was, but it was definitely some time AFTER it was first published! LOL! I have this original cover art (I assume it's original) in paperback, but when I saw it in hardcover for $1, I decided it was meant to be! 

 

Then I also received my OTSP Secret Sister gift for April in the mail this week! 

After the Woods by Kim Savage
Dumbledore Funko Pop
Coloring book
Coloring bookmarks!


THANK YOU SIS!



Then for review from the authors themselves I received:
 
Smoke and Mirrors by Jess Haines (ARC)
Hunt by Alyssa Rose Ivy (ARC)
Struck by Amanda Carlson (ARC)


THANK YOU Jess, Alyssa, and Amanda!!!
 
 
 
More fun bookish stuff I bought this week:

a funny bookmark
a sign to go on my bookshelf


Then I got my preorder gifts for ordering The Crown's Game!

Bookmark
Trading Cards
a Sticker!!


THANK YOU Tsar! ;)

And that was my freaking awesome week!! Definitely makes up for things being super crazy at work! What did you all get??







19 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness, Jessica! What a haul! I hope you'll love all your new books.
    Have a wonderful week ahead and happy reading.
    Lexxie @ (un)Conventional Bookviews

    ReplyDelete
  2. yay many ones! I loved the Estep book!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You always have such amazing weekly hauls! If I had gone to the book fair, I would have probably been overwhelmed. I don't do well with so many books and no way to look for what I want.

    Great haul and thanks for stopping by!

    Old follower :D
    Kristine @ The Writer's Inkwell

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! What a haul you got this week! I am waiting for BEA to grab anymore. I don't really get books from Publishers since I am to shy to ask for anything :) but I do hope you enjoy them all!!!

    Have a great week, Jessica! Happy Reading!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh no! Do I need to read The Mirror & The Maze before The Rose & The Dagger? Well, I am trying to get through The Raven Boys first, so I can probably grab this too. I see that The M & The M is only 11 pages long, so that's not so bad. Have fun reading all your books.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Heir to the Sky sounds really good. Happy reading!
    Krystianna @ Downright Dystopian

    ReplyDelete
  7. Mirror and Maze sounds good. Happy reading and have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's a good thing you got Heir to the Sky as an ARC - it'll be 50/50 whether you like it or not. But Rachel Vincent... hells to the yeahs! I concur :) So many great books!!

    I totally forgot to add Struck by Amanda Carlson to my haul this week - I feel kind of bad. I'm glad we finally find out what it's about, though. And I told myself I was not getting anything until after BEA... ha!!

    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great haul, I hope you enjoy them all! Thanks for sharing and stopping by my blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I just finished listening to It Takes One on audio, I hope you enjoy it! Have great week Jessica!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, what a great haul you got this week! I haven't seen the Dumbledore funko pop in stores here, but he looks adorable. I cannot wait to hear what you think of The Flame the Never Dies. It is on my list for sure. Hope you have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yaaassss, The Rose & The Dagger! I cannot wait for my preorder to arrive (FINALLY). I hope you enjoy all of your new books!

    Thanks for visiting my blog! Have a wonderful week, Jessica. =)

    Alyssa @ The Eater of Books!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm reading Bright Blaze of Magic right now. so good.

    ReplyDelete
  14. What an amazing haul! I'll have to pick up The Rose and the Dagger very soon as well!

    ~Mogsy @ BiblioSanctum

    ReplyDelete
  15. I had Shadows for a while now and still haven't pick it up. Will do that soon as I've read good things about it. Your haul looks great. I hope you enjoy them all! :)

    czai @ the Blacksheep Project

    ReplyDelete
  16. lots and lots of good books. I am so excited for the rose and the daggeer. can't wait to get to that one.

    ReplyDelete
  17. You rocked the haul this week. i really want to get my hands on The Flame Never Dies by Rachel Vincent. I love her books!
    Happy Reading! Dani @ Paulette’s Papers

    ReplyDelete
  18. I got Haines & Carlson's books too. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wow... you weren't kidding! This is a big haul! So jealous you have Soldier and The Flame Never Dies! I want both of those already! Have a great end to your week!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are an award all on their own! So my blog is an award free one! Thanks for any consideration though!