Teaser Tuesday is a weekly feature hosted by MizB of Books and Beat.
Here are the rules:
1. Grab your current read
2. Open to a page
3. Pick out 2 lines that are SPOILER FREE
4. Name the title, author, etc.
I really liked this one. It's simple, yet I totally relate to it. From Mellie's point of course!
"And with that, I lost Mellie to her book. Again." p 27*
*Quote comes from the ARC, therefore it and its page number are not final.
TITLE: The Flame Never Dies
AUTHOR: Rachel Vincent
PUBLISHER: Delacorte Press/MIRA Ink
GENRE: Paranormal/Dystopian YA--sort of a blend of both!
RELEASE DATE: August 16, 2016
Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created at The Broke and the Bookish. This feature was created because we are particularly fond of lists here at The Broke and the Bookish. We'd love to share our lists with other bookish folks and would LOVE to see your top ten lists!
Each week we will post a new Top Ten list that one of our bloggers here at The Broke and the Bookish will answer. Everyone is welcome to join. All we ask is that you link back to The Broke and the Bookish on your own Top Ten Tuesday post AND add your name to the Linky widget so that everyone can check out other bloggers lists! If you don't have a blog, just post your answers as a comment. Have fun with it! It's a fun way to get to know your fellow bloggers.
This week's topic is:
Ten 8 Books I Feel Differently About After Time Has Passed
*in no particular order
**Kinda turned this into about books that I just fell out of over time. And all of these I fell out of so long ago it seems. I explain how after a few books I began to feel differently about them and how I lost the spark that I thought we had.
1. PERSEPHONE ALCMEDI SERIES--this is one that I fell out of a few years ago. Sadly it seemed the series was canceled and that in part played into how I fell out of it. I have since donated the books as well. It was a fun series, but I couldn't really remembered what I liked about it at one point, so I decided to gift the books elsewhere.
2. MERCY THOMPSON SERIES--this one will likely cause woe, but yeah, I fell out of this one too. I lost enjoyment in it. I think it was when Mercy and Adam finally got together and it was THEIR first book and a lot of people had said they didn't enjoy it, so I skipped it and never really came back to the series.
3. DOWNSIDE GHOSTS SERIES--another series I fell out of. I enjoyed Stacia's first series. It was cute, quirky, snarky and paranormal-y! This one had the paranormal and edge and grit, but yet even when I read them I found myself disconnecting as the books went on, so I finally just gave up on it.
4. BLACK LONDON SERIES--I wanted to like this one and I did stick with it for most of the series. But I think I finally gave up on it just before it ended. It was one that I found myself reading because I felt like I "had" to since I started the series (before the TBR mountain really came about). Sadly I just lost that feel good feeling I had gotten from the first book.
5. SHADES OF FURY SERIES--another one that I just fell out of. I'm not sure if it was ever canceled. There's still a fourth book to come apparently. But I think when I read the last one and another didn't come, I just gave up waiting.
6. EARTH WITCHES SERIES--I think this is one that can be chalked up to being canceled or it just ended with three books. Since they involved different characters, it's hard to say. I enjoyed them, but I know I also gifted these elsewhere after awhile of not seeing anything new.
7. ABBY SINCLAIR SERIES--one that I fell out of I think after two books. Another case of just not being able to get into the series like I had hoped.
8. MORTAL PATH SERIES--this one was by a semi local author and at that time I wanted to read local authors. Still do, just never found one in the right genre. I can't remember what didn't click with me and this series. I think I read two books and then just stopped. It lacked something, but I can't recall what that is now after so much time.