Aug 21, 2016

Stacking the Shelves

Stacking The Shelves is all about the books we are adding to our shelves each week, sharing with you our excitement for our newest titles and maybe have you discover a new book in the process!


Hey all! How was your week? Mine was okay, book wise it was even better! LOL! Here's what I bought this week:

 
Arcana Rising by Kresley Cole--this was the paperback I had preordered prior to receiving an eARC and decided I NEEDED a physical copy of it because I heart this series sooo much!
Scooby Doo Apocalypse #4 by Keith Giffen & Jim Lee, Ill. by Howard Porter--I WILL eventually START these comics!! LOL!


Then for review I received:

Midnight Hour by C.C. Hunter (ARC)--EEK!!!! MIRANDA'S BOOK!!
Betrayals by Kelley Armstong--so can't wait to read this one!
The Art of Disney's Dragons by Tom Bancroft--the most beautiful book...and yet, it came to me half soaking wet!! :( Filing damage claims with UPS and hopefully they will cover the costs for a NEW copy. This is my first time dealing with them in this sense. Never before has a book arrived from the publisher to me so damaged! And it was in one of those bubbler packs...should've been dry yet it was damp. There were freaking tears people, not only was a precious book destroyed by water...but a gorgeous artwork book...and DISNEY!!!  I was inconsolable that night!

THANK YOU ST. MARTIN'S GRIFFIN, SPHERE, AND DISNEY EDITIONS!!

Oh and Midnight Hour also came with SWAG!! :D





Then I also bought this t-shirt, because it spoke to me on many levels...lol:

I'm  officially on the waitlist! Oh yeah!


And then I seemed to have lost the picture and I literally just deleted it from my camera as well, so I am borrowing the pictures from the website and I meant to post this LAST week, but forgot somehow...long story short, I bought myself these:

BEAUTY AND THE BEAST TSUM TSUMS!!



That was my week of awesomeness! What did you all get?






13 comments:

  1. I really enjoyed Betrayals! I hope it will be the same for you. happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh that Disney Dragon books sounds amazing!!! I hope the postal service will rectify the issue. That really sucks!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope you enjoy your reads! I would be so heartbroken about the damaged book, so I hope you can get it replaced.

    Happy reading,
    Stormi
    Week in Review

    ReplyDelete
  4. So many goodies, but that Armstrong novel is dynamite!
    sherry @ fundinmental My Sunday Memes

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice haul! All of these look great!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yay for Betrayals..I hope to read it in October :) Enjoy your pretties :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great Haul!! I'm dying to get a copy of Arcana Rising but my closest bookstore won't carry it :(
    Have a good week,
    Aneta @ Angelic Book Reviews 

    ReplyDelete
  8. That t-shirt is cute! I liked Poison Princess and Endless Knight but didn't like Dead of Winter, so I probably won't continue with the series. I hope you enjoy all of your new books, Jessica!

    Thanks for visiting my blog!

    Alyssa @ The Eater of Books!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've heard so much about CC Hunter's books, but I've never gotten around to them! Maybe I should start them soon!

    Thanks for stopping by Take Me Away...

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ooooh! So many great books! I'm really interested in what you think of Kingdom of Ash and Briars! I'm reading it right now so I'd like to talk to someone about it! :P Have a great week!

    Here's my Weekly Recap!

    ReplyDelete
  11. That is a great haul! None of these books are on my personal radar but I recognize a couple author names here I'd like to try :D

    ~Mogsy @ BiblioSanctum

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a shame that, out of all the books you get, the one filled with artwork is the one that gets to you damaged. I know how special Disney is to you, so I'm not surprised you were in tears - I would have been too!!!

    Nicole @ Feed Your Fiction Addiction

    ReplyDelete
  13. OMG, Beauty and Beast look so cuddly! :))) Have a fab week, Jessica, enjoy all your reads!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are an award all on their own! So my blog is an award free one! Thanks for any consideration though!