Aug 2, 2016

Teaser & Top Ten Tuesdays

Teaser Tuesday is a weekly feature hosted by MizB of Books and Beat

Here are the rules:

1. Grab your current read
2. Open to a page
3. Pick out 2 lines that are SPOILER FREE
4. Name the title, author, etc.


This one got a reaction out of me! I ask you, do you think she's genuine or sarcastic? 


"'Kiss me, Doran,' she cried, flopping onto the mattress with one arm slung over her eyes and the other clutched to her breast. 'I burn for you, hotter than a thousand hells.'" p 62















TITLE: Starflight
AUTHOR: Melissa Landers
PUBLISHER: Disney-Hyperion
GENRE: Sci-Fi YA

RELEASE DATE: February 2, 2016



Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created at The Broke and the Bookish. This feature was created because we are particularly fond of lists here at The Broke and the Bookish. We'd love to share our lists with other bookish folks and would LOVE to see your top ten lists!

Each week we will post a new Top Ten list  that one of our bloggers here at The Broke and the Bookish will answer. Everyone is welcome to join. All we ask is that you link back to The Broke and the Bookish on your own Top Ten Tuesday post AND add your name to the Linky widget so that everyone can check out other bloggers lists! If you don't have a blog, just post your answers as a comment. Have fun with it! It's a fun way to get to know your fellow bloggers.



This week's topic is: Ten Books You'd Buy Right This Second If Someone Handed You A Fully Loaded Gift Card


*in no particular order


1. ROARING DAWN by Colleen Gleason--still need to read book 2, but I love this spinoff series!!
2. IMPULSE by Vanessa Garden--never did get to read this one sadly, think because of territory rights. I would immediately track down a copy on Abe Books. So pricey though. I mean it's reasonable, just not right now.
3. THE HAUNTED MANSION: IMAGINEERING A DISNEY CLASSIC by Jason Surrell--saw this at a store while on vacation, but sadly, my family was ready to go so I couldn't look into it further to see if I needed to buy right then. It's on my wishlist for the time being!


4. FORGED IN FIRE by Alyssa Rose Ivy--usually I'm on her review list but I guess she forgot this time around. So I still haven't read this one despite loving her paranormal titles!
5. THE SHIFTER ROMANCES THE WRITER by Kristen Painter--again, normally I'm on the review list for Kristen, but again, I guess something happened and my name got forgotten for this last one! Been so busy with other review books and event books that I haven't had time to buy either one just yet.
6. DARK KISS OF THE REAPER by Kristen Painter--found one of her older titles that I've had my eye on for awhile! Definitely one I wouldn't mind reading eventually!


7. TOUCH OF POWER by Maria V. Snyder--looove these new covers of the Australian edition for the Healer series! I have a ton of Maria's international covers on my wishlist, so I'd probably choose some of them too!
8. SCENT OF MAGIC by Maria V. Snyder--can't start buying the trilogy and not finish it up!
9. TASTE OF DARKNESS by Maria V. Snyder--ditto!


10. THE ART OF DISNEY'S DRAGONS by Tom Bancroft--another book I thought I would be getting for review. Might have to contact my Disney contact I made at BEA. But I always hate doing that, I feel like I'm nagging.





16 comments:

  1. Yes, if you had a huge gift card, you could get all of these and more! Maybe for our next birthday?

    ReplyDelete
  2. So, I wonder if he kissed her? LOl Lots of great books!

    My TT from Mummy's Little Angel

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds really sarcastic to me. My YA teaser this week is from The Masked Truth by Kelley Armstrong. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Me thinks she is making fun of the situation. Pretty cover.
    sherry @ fundinmental My TT

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh The Art of Disney Dragons looks like a super cool book. Nice list!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooooh! I have that Haunted Mansion book and it's awesome! There's honestly not enough behind the scenes info though. Great list!

    Here's my Top Ten!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm taking it that TT is firmly tongue in cheek? And I LOVE the Top Ten wishlist. Have a great reading week - and this is my offering -
    https://sjhigbee.wordpress.com/2016/08/02/teaser-tuesday-2nd-august-2016/

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love how different covers are in other countries. It would be fun to collect them.
    Check out my post too and let's follow each other for some book chatting

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the Roaring Dawn cover!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hope you receive the books you want soon. Happy reading!! Thanks for visiting and commenting on my TTT post this week. :-)

    Here's a link to my TTT post for the week: http://captivatedreader.blogspot.com/2016/08/top-ten-tuesday-ten-books-id-buy-right.html

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, that teaser is interesting. I immediately want to read the rest of the book now. Great choice!


    Here's my teaser.

    ReplyDelete
  12. OMG want that disney dragons book so bad. Awesome list!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I think the character in your Teaser was being sarcastic... or perhaps overly dramatic. This sounds like a book I'd enjoy.
    My Tuesday post features BLUEBONNET SPRING

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great list. The Haunted Mansion--my kids' favorite Disney ride--and The Shifter Romances the Writer need to be added to my wish list.

    Thanks for visiting The Book Connection.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oooh! The Art of Disney's Dragons sounds fantabulous - I hope you get that one!

    Nicole @ Feed Your Fiction Addiction

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great list! I would buy the Poison series by Maria V. Snyder. :)

    ReplyDelete

Comments are an award all on their own! So my blog is an award free one! Thanks for any consideration though!