Aug 23, 2016

Teaser & Top Ten Tuesdays

Teaser Tuesday is a weekly feature hosted by MizB of Books and Beat

Here are the rules:

1. Grab your current read
2. Open to a page
3. Pick out 2 lines that are SPOILER FREE
4. Name the title, author, etc.


You shall now fear ever going to the bathroom again!! Read on if you dare!


"I was on the toilet, midstream, when I felt movement in the bowl. At first, I ignored it, but then I felt smoothness, tickling between my legs. I jolted with fright and looked down.

And screamed.

Scales, shining under the lam
p, two territorial eyes--cold-blooded and cunning--and a forked tongue, darting out from between my legs." p 20*

*This quote comes from the ARC and therefore it and its page number are not final.








TITLE: And the Trees Crept In
AUTHOR: Dawn Kurtagich

PUBLISHER: Little, Brown Books for Young Readers
GENRE: Horror YA
RELEASE DATE: September 6, 2016




Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created at The Broke and the Bookish. This feature was created because we are particularly fond of lists here at The Broke and the Bookish. We'd love to share our lists with other bookish folks and would LOVE to see your top ten lists!

Each week we will post a new Top Ten list  that one of our bloggers here at The Broke and the Bookish will answer. Everyone is welcome to join. All we ask is that you link back to The Broke and the Bookish on your own Top Ten Tuesday post AND add your name to the Linky widget so that everyone can check out other bloggers lists! If you don't have a blog, just post your answers as a comment. Have fun with it! It's a fun way to get to know your fellow bloggers.



This week's topic is: Ten Books That Have Been On Your Shelf (Or TBR) From Before You Started Blogging That You STILL Haven't Read Yet 


*in no particular order

Hmm...that might be difficult as most of the books I added to my TBR pile came from blogging. Before blogging I didn't know what a TBR pile was and there were actually times when I did NOT have something new to read! So my post will include books that were added in the beginning days of blogging. So these really all should've been picked up in 2010 and I later added them to Goodreads as I got the hang of it by 2011!


10. DEAD GIRLS ARE EASY by Terri Garey--this was actually one of my first blogger pals recommendations. I thought it sounded interesting so I bought the whole series at a Borders closing sale. *Sobs*
9. RUBY RED by Kerstin Gier--this was actually one of my first contest wins! Still need to read this series!
8. NIGHT WORLD Vol 1-3 by L.J. Smith--yup more Borders closing sales acquisitions. Though actually I found the third one at TJ Maxx for $3! Still need to read this series, though I have read one of the individual novels!


7. DARK VISIONS by L.J. Smith--another TJ Maxx find! Think it was somewhere between $2-4. Can't remember because I took that dreadful sticker off!
6. THE ROSE BRIDE by Nancy Holder--I bought this one at a signing she and Debbie did for their final (and resurrected) Wicked book! You don't know how excited I was for that one! I bought this because I enjoyed the series I read so far of the retold fairy tales! Never realized how many there were in this particular line!
5. SCENT OF A WHITE ROSE by Tish Thawer--another blogger recommendation from the early days! Still need to read it, but can't remember what drew me to it! LOL!


4. SAVOR by Megan Duncan--another early day blogger recommendation! And again, can't remember why I wanted to read it! LOL!
3. DARK HEART FOREVER by Lee Monroe--yet another blogger recommendation from that first year or so! Love werewolves, so I know why I picked it up! LOL!
2. EMBERS by Laura Bickle--picked this series up at my first RT and still need to read it!! I loved her Alayna Williams series, so I suspect I will love this one too!


1. TOUCH OF FROST by Jennifer Estep--another one I picked up at my first RT and every RT after that I picked up the next book. Basically have the whole series now and still haven't read this first book!





20 comments:

  1. Jeez . . . When I was a kid, I accidentally saw a scene like this in a movie and never really recovered . . . So yeah, thanks for keeping the nightmare up, Jessica! *shivers* Lol Hope you're enjoying the read, though! *shudders*

    Here's my TT :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Interesting. I haven't seen a single one of these. Maybe it's because they are all too scary for this little 'fraidy cat!

    Good luck on getting through all of these on your list!

    Here's my Top Ten!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ugh. That's it - I'm not going to the toilet EVER AGAIN and when I suffer impactions or whatever I'M BLAMING YOU!!! So my offering of an elemental assassin is outright fluffy - https://sjhigbee.wordpress.com/2016/08/23/teaser-tuesday-23rd-august-2016/

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG! My greatest fear. Now I have to read the book. LOL

    My TT from Bayou Shadow Hunter

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well! That would be startling! My teaser this week comes from Magic & Manners by C. E. Murphy. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Okay, now the bathroom is definitely a place to thoroughly check out before using again! LOL.

    Thanks for sharing...and for creeping me out a bit.

    Here's mine: “THE BOOK THAT MATTERS MOST”

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice list of books!!

    Here's a link to my TTT post for this week: http://captivatedreader.blogspot.com/2016/08/top-ten-tuesday-ten-books-that-have.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yikes! What a Teaser!
    My Tuesday post features LATE FALL.

    ReplyDelete
  9. The cover was kinda creepy....but that teaser blew me away. I LOVE it!!!
    sherry @ fundinmental My TT

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm about to start And The Trees Crept In as well. After that creepy passage you chose, I'm even more excited to read it!

    ~Mogsy @ BiblioSanctum

    ReplyDelete
  11. If something like that happened to me in the bathroom I would die right there.

    Don't know many of these books, but I hope you get to read them soon. Unread books get so lonely. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. OMG, Touch of Frost was awesome, That series got better and better,

    ReplyDelete
  13. Okay, that teaser is seriously creepy. I'll be afraid to go to the bathroom now, thanks! ;-)

    As for your Top Ten, the only one I've read of them is Ruby Red. I wasn't the biggest fan, it's got a great set up but was a little too predictable and focused on the romantic drama for me. I'd like to read the Jennifer Estep series one day too. I hope when you do get these read you enjoy them. :-D

    Thanks for stopping by my blog, Jessica. Have a great one!

    ReplyDelete
  14. ooh Touch of Frost and Ruby Red were good :D I haven't read the rest on your list either! Hope you can get to them soon Jessica :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. That teaser has me looking into the toilet now. Plus, you need to read Touch of Frost- that series rocked of awesomeness.

    My TT

    ReplyDelete
  16. We have Ruby Red in common this week and I've heard some amazing things! I think we should both read that one soon! :P

    Here are my Top Ten!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Just reading that quote gives me the creeps! I have had a copy of Dead Girls are Easy sitting in my kindle account for years and haven't read it yet either. I have read the first few in the Estep series but got distracted waiting for a new book at some point and haven't actually finished it yet. Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love that cover for Ruby Red! I always forget about that series but then I want to read it. Great list.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are an award all on their own! So my blog is an award free one! Thanks for any consideration though!