Aug 30, 2016

Teaser & Top Ten Tuesdays

Teaser Tuesday is a weekly feature hosted by MizB of Books and Beat

Here are the rules:

1. Grab your current read
2. Open to a page
3. Pick out 2 lines that are SPOILER FREE
4. Name the title, author, etc.


"He pushed himself up onto his elbows and twisted his neck. Broken bones popped back together with a hideous sound. 'But I appreciate the sentiment.'

'I broke your neck,' Athena said." p 175












TITLE: Mortal Gods
AUTHOR: Kendare Blake
PUBLISHER: Tor Teen
GENRE: Paranormal Fantasy YA
RELEASE DATE: October 14, 2014




Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created at The Broke and the Bookish. This feature was created because we are particularly fond of lists here at The Broke and the Bookish. We'd love to share our lists with other bookish folks and would LOVE to see your top ten lists!

Each week we will post a new Top Ten list  that one of our bloggers here at The Broke and the Bookish will answer. Everyone is welcome to join. All we ask is that you link back to The Broke and the Bookish on your own Top Ten Tuesday post AND add your name to the Linky widget so that everyone can check out other bloggers lists! If you don't have a blog, just post your answers as a comment. Have fun with it! It's a fun way to get to know your fellow bloggers.



This week's topic is: Back To School Freebie--Required Reading for Fantasy Fans


*in no particular order


10. TOUCH OF POWER by Maria V. Snyder--pretty much any of Maria's books are required! This one is a trilogy that's separate from her previous one which connect in the same world! Still fabulous reading!
9. FALLING KINGDOMS by Morgan Rhodes--this one blew me away! I absolutely love it! The multiple points of view can be overwhelming at first, but soon you get used to it and are totally enthralled with them and their world!
8. A COURT OF THORNS AND ROSES by Sarah J. Maas--totally remarkable! We got fantasy, fairy tale retelling and involvement of the fae! How more incredible can this one get?! I REALLY need to read the second one already!


7. THE KISS OF DECEPTION by Mary E. Pearson--this one was awesome! Not only the whole mystery of who's who, but there was a good deal of action and so much more!
6. PRINCESS OF THORNS by Stacy Jay--a sort of fantasy/fairy tale retelling! And another incredible one too!
5. AN EMBER IN THE ASHES by Sabaa Tahir--this series is so amazing!! And I just heard that book 3 won't release until 2018! Oh the agony!! And I just read the ARC two weeks ago!! AHHH!!!


4. THE WRATH & THE DAWN by Renee Ahdieh--another fairy tale retelling/fantasy mix! And another amazing one! Still gotta finish the duology up still! LOL!
3. CRUEL BEAUTY by Rosamund Hodge--this too is a fairy tale retelling, yet still fantasy. I think those two genres can go hand in hand at times.
2. RED QUEEN by Victoria Aveyard--another amazing series that I must continue, though I heard of cliffhangers in the second book, so I held off! LOL!


1. POISON STUDY by Maria V. Snyder--because I can't not mention it! This was probably my first fantasy read outside of fairy tales and still remains one of my most beloved favorites! There's magic, posions, romance, adventure, action...it has it all!!!





16 comments:

  1. She broke his neck- how is he still alive?

    It is sad to admit that I have not read a single one on your top ten list. Five of them are in my to be read pile. I need to bump them up.

    My TT

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tsk, tsk - those naughty gods. They DO lose their tempers a lot don't they? I'm very partial to godpunk:)) Hope you're enjoying this and loved your Top Ten list. This is my TT offering - https://sjhigbee.wordpress.com/2016/08/30/teaser-tuesday-30th-august-2016/

    ReplyDelete
  3. So many scary reads! I don't know how you do it. I'd have nightmares every night!

    Here's my Top Ten: Ten Books I'd Have Every Elementary Student Read*!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fantasy is my favorite genre, but I'm way behind on these books! I really want to read The Kiss of Deception and An Ember in the Ashes soon! Great list!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have so many of these on my TBR. I loved Red Queen. So good! I'll definitely check out the ones I haven't heard of, like Cruel Beauty. I did my TTT on picture books this week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really should read Kendare Blake but she seems to trend a little too much to horror for my tastes. My YA teaser this week is from The Ones by Daniel Sweren-Becker from my review stack. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Omg I love all of these books! Of course, fantasy fan right here. Excellent list! I didn't do a TTT post, but I did share some book love today :)

    Christina @ Books & Prejudice

    ReplyDelete
  8. Eww. I could hear those bones popping! LOL Sounds like I need to check this author out.

    My TT from Diary Of A Haunting

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the tease. LOL
    sherry @ fundinmental My TT

    ReplyDelete
  10. Why or why haven't I started a Maria V. Snyder book yet. Truly sad I tell ya. Wonderful list.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm curious about a creature whose neck can be broken and yet he can still twist it! Sounds creepy.
    My Tuesday post features BROKEN PIECES

    ReplyDelete
  12. I LOVE YA fantasy! Falling Kingdoms is one of my top TBR books right now. And I adore Poison Study! Great list!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Every single one of these I've read, I agree with! I'm currently in the middle of reading The Beauty of Darkness (still) and The Rose and the Dagger so I'm excited to see how those series play out! Great list :D

    Here are my Top Ten!

    ReplyDelete
  14. What fab choices! They're all either books I've read or have on my TBR pile - gotta love Fantasy! But anything by Maria V Snyder has got to be my favourite! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Of these, I've only read ACOTAR and Red Queen, but a few of the others are on my TBR!
    My TTT: https://jjbookblog.wordpress.com/2016/08/30/top-ten-tuesday-72/

    ReplyDelete
  16. Haha! I just read and reviewed Poison Study after all this time of you telling me that I should :D I loved it. I've read the first two so far but have to read the rest now. I sincerely want to read Red Queen as well. I think that's one that I'll LOVE.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are an award all on their own! So my blog is an award free one! Thanks for any consideration though!