Aug 9, 2016

Teaser & Top Ten Tuesdays

Teaser Tuesday is a weekly feature hosted by MizB of Books and Beat

Here are the rules:

1. Grab your current read
2. Open to a page
3. Pick out 2 lines that are SPOILER FREE
4. Name the title, author, etc.



"Rubble had piled up all around me--even above me--a perfect cocoon.

Except for the sole rock that had breached it.

The one that had bashed in my father's head.

Somehow I was...untouched." (from The Fortune) Kindle loc. 39% 










TITLE: Day Zero
AUTHOR: Kresley Cole 
PUBLISHER: Valkyrie Press
GENRE: Dystopian YA
RELEASE DATE: August 1, 2016 



Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created at The Broke and the Bookish. This feature was created because we are particularly fond of lists here at The Broke and the Bookish. We'd love to share our lists with other bookish folks and would LOVE to see your top ten lists!

Each week we will post a new Top Ten list  that one of our bloggers here at The Broke and the Bookish will answer. Everyone is welcome to join. All we ask is that you link back to The Broke and the Bookish on your own Top Ten Tuesday post AND add your name to the Linky widget so that everyone can check out other bloggers lists! If you don't have a blog, just post your answers as a comment. Have fun with it! It's a fun way to get to know your fellow bloggers.



This week's topic is: Top Ten Tuesday REWIND--Favorite Covers (because it's always being updated!)


*in no particular order


1. THE FLAME NEVER DIES by Rachel Vincent--loved these covers to this duology! Simple in design, but the colors are remarkable!!
2. THE WINNER'S KISS by Marie Rutkoski--was so glad that the publishers kept to the original style for the last book instead of the newer ones!
3. THE SHADOW HOUR by Melissa Grey--love this one! And the UK cover is equally amazing! I still need to buy that one!


4. MIDNIGHT MARKED by Chloe Neill--always love a killer urban fantasy cover!
5. REIGN OF SHADOWS by Sophie Jordan--still need to read it, but I LOVE the colors and design of the cover!
6. IT TAKES ONE by Kate Kessler--still need to read this one too! But I love the outline of the heroine and then the scenery/person shot within her!


7. A SHADOW BRIGHT AND BURNING by Jessica Cluess--one I picked up at BEA and still need to read! I loved the cover and is what led me to it! Plus it sounds aweosme!
8. AND THE TREES CREPT IN by Dawn Kurtagich--another unread BEA acquisition! Loved her first book and can't wait to read this one! I love the creepiness of this cover!
9. THREE DARK CROWNS by Kendare Blake--yet another unread BEA book! I love the unique cover here too!



10. 13 TO LIFE by Shannon Delany--one that will always be among my fave covers ever!!





17 comments:

  1. OH my goodness that teaser is just wow! Her daddy, his head, wow!

    I like the A Winner' Kiss and A Shadow Bright and Burning covers. Very Pretty.

    My TT

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I need to add Day Zero to my list . . . Great teaser, indeed!

    Thanks for sharing and stopping by my blog earlier :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's some great looking books!
    Day Zero has a great cover. And so sad. Sounds like she's left to face things all alone now.

    My TT from Friend Of The Devil

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ouch. Nothing like getting right into the story.

    I'm intrigued by the use of a typeface with swashes on the cover of what appears to be an apocalyptic novel.

    My teaser this week is from the point of view of a man with autism: https://wp.me/p3Nz8P-Jw

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful covers. I particularly like A Shadow Bright and Burning and The Flame Never Dies.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have seen Day Zero around and love the cover. Sounds good. I too love that cover for 13 to Life. Catchy title too.
    sherry @ fundinmental My TT

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your teaser sounds ominous!
    Here's mine: https://collinesblog.com/2016/08/09/teaser-tuesday-the-daily-five/

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love a good cover design. There are so many pretty ones out there. I absolutely agree on The Winner's Cures. I was so glad they stuck with the girl in a dress cover. They worked so well for that series and were gorgeous. The ones you mention from BEA are also really pretty. Great picks!
    Cassi @ My Thoughts Literally

    ReplyDelete
  9. I LOVE the covers of the Winner's trilogy! It's such a shame they decided to change them. :( I love the cover of Reign of Shadows too, but I still haven't read it!

    Here are my Top Ten!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Intriguing teaser. My YA teaser this week comes from Vicarious by Paula Stokes. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I adore that cover of The Flame Never Dies!

    ReplyDelete
  12. The cover for DAY ZERO deserves a lot of heart eyes. I love it! And those covers are just gorrrrgeous! Especially Rutkoski's!

    Hafsah @ IceyBooks

    ReplyDelete
  13. oh!... I like your TTT, and of those covers I like Rachel Vincent book cover.
    Adriana @ Reading Fictional

    ReplyDelete
  14. I also love The Winner's Crime covers and A Shadow Bright and Burning!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I've been seeing The Shadow Hour everywhere, definitely need to get on that!! Gorgeous covers :)

    - Kritika @ Snowflakes & Spider silk

    ReplyDelete
  16. Some very pretty covers on your list!
    My TTT: https://jjbookblog.wordpress.com/2016/08/10/top-ten-tuesday-69/

    ReplyDelete

Comments are an award all on their own! So my blog is an award free one! Thanks for any consideration though!