Teaser Tuesday is a weekly feature hosted by MizB of Books and Beat.
Here are the rules:
1. Grab your current read
2. Open to a page
3. Pick out 2 lines that are SPOILER FREE
4. Name the title, author, etc.
"Rubble had piled up all around me--even above me--a perfect cocoon.
Except for the sole rock that had breached it.
The one that had bashed in my father's head.
Somehow I was...untouched." (from The Fortune) Kindle loc. 39%
TITLE: Day Zero
AUTHOR: Kresley Cole
PUBLISHER: Valkyrie Press
GENRE: Dystopian YA
RELEASE DATE: August 1, 2016
Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created at The Broke and the Bookish. This feature was created because we are particularly fond of lists here at The Broke and the Bookish. We'd love to share our lists with other bookish folks and would LOVE to see your top ten lists!
Each week we will post a new Top Ten list that one of our bloggers here at The Broke and the Bookish will answer. Everyone is welcome to join. All we ask is that you link back to The Broke and the Bookish on your own Top Ten Tuesday post AND add your name to the Linky widget so that everyone can check out other bloggers lists! If you don't have a blog, just post your answers as a comment. Have fun with it! It's a fun way to get to know your fellow bloggers.
This week's topic is: Top Ten Tuesday REWIND--Favorite Covers (because it's always being updated!)
*in no particular order
1. THE FLAME NEVER DIES by Rachel Vincent--loved these covers to this duology! Simple in design, but the colors are remarkable!!
2. THE WINNER'S KISS by Marie Rutkoski--was so glad that the publishers kept to the original style for the last book instead of the newer ones!
3. THE SHADOW HOUR by Melissa Grey--love this one! And the UK cover is equally amazing! I still need to buy that one!
4. MIDNIGHT MARKED by Chloe Neill--always love a killer urban fantasy cover!
5. REIGN OF SHADOWS by Sophie Jordan--still need to read it, but I LOVE the colors and design of the cover!
6. IT TAKES ONE by Kate Kessler--still need to read this one too! But I love the outline of the heroine and then the scenery/person shot within her!
7. A SHADOW BRIGHT AND BURNING by Jessica Cluess--one I picked up at BEA and still need to read! I loved the cover and is what led me to it! Plus it sounds aweosme!
8. AND THE TREES CREPT IN by Dawn Kurtagich--another unread BEA acquisition! Loved her first book and can't wait to read this one! I love the creepiness of this cover!
9. THREE DARK CROWNS by Kendare Blake--yet another unread BEA book! I love the unique cover here too!
10. 13 TO LIFE by Shannon Delany--one that will always be among my fave covers ever!!