Aug 10, 2016

Waiting on Wednesday

Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly blog post by Jill over at Breaking the Spine, that spotlights releases we're eagerly awaiting.



They’re running out of time…

Sixteen-year-old alien Val Stone was born for one mission—to kill teenage Randolf “Rolf” Cartier before he fulfills an age-old prophecy, becomes the future American president, and murderers thousands of her kind. Val is ready to sacrifice herself for the good of her people. She knows every aspect of Rolf’s life and is prepared to strike.

But what she doesn’t know is that Rolf’s been watching her, too. Waiting for her. Ready to defeat her and save himself. Only when the day arrives, doubt overcomes purpose, and they discover the prophecy was all a hoax.

Oh, and they can’t seem to stop thinking about each other.

Now they’re running against the clock, desperate to reveal who created the fake prophecy before tensions erupt and there's nothing left but the memory of a species called human.


I have this series in my TBR pile and still need to read it! So now I'm wondering...should I start with this one since it's a .5 in the series, or is it the kind of prequel that needs to be read AFTER the series? Anyone know for certain?

TITLE: Surge
AUTHOR: Melissa West
PUBLISHER: Entangled: Teen
GENRE: Dystopian YA
RELEASE DATE: September 5, 2016 


Fans of acclaimed author Kendare Blake’s Anna Dressed in Blood will devour her latest novel, a dark and inventive fantasy about three sisters who must fight to the death to become queen.

In every generation on the island of Fennbirn, a set of triplets is born: three queens, all equal heirs to the crown and each possessor of a coveted magic. Mirabella is a fierce elemental, able to spark hungry flames or vicious storms at the snap of her fingers. Katharine is a poisoner, one who can ingest the deadliest poisons without so much as a stomachache. Arsinoe, a naturalist, is said to have the ability to bloom the reddest rose and control the fiercest of lions.

But becoming the Queen Crowned isn’t solely a matter of royal birth. Each sister has to fight for it. And it’s not just a game of win or lose...it’s life or death. The night the sisters turn sixteen, the battle begins.

The last queen standing gets the crown. 


Another BEA book I have in my pile that I still need to read! Hoping to do so soonish!!

AUTHOR: Kendare Blake
PUBLISHER: HarperTeen
GENRE: Fantasy YA
RELEASE DATE: September 20, 2016





21 comments:

  1. No clue on if you should read the prequel first or not. I know I am waiting for the series to be done so I can binge read it. Three Dark Crowns looks really good, it has been on my list for a while.

    My WOW

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay, Surge SURGE sounds amazing! I like how the author just flips everything upside down with the things Val and Rolf knew. I think follow the numbers: if it's 0.5 go for it. Here's mine: http://editingeverything.com/blog/2016/08/10/waiting-on-wednesday-arrowood/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay Surge sounds amazing. Three Dark Crowns is going to be great as well. Great choices. Thanks for stopping by my WOW earlier.

    Grace @ Books of Love

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great picks! I'm so ready for Three Dark Crowns, myself.
    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good looking books. Hope they were worth the wait. :-)
    sherry @ fundinmental

    ReplyDelete
  6. Both sound amazing! Great picks

    Thanks for stopping by my WoW!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I didn't know there was a prequel. I read the trilogy obviously before reading the prequel (since it hasn't even come out yet) and really enjoyed the series. I feel like if a book needs a prequel, it should come out before the series starts... not after it's all said and done.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Three Dark Crowns sounds really good! I haven't read The Taking series. I hope you enjoy reading all of your books.
    Thanks for stopping by My WoW earlier.

    ReplyDelete
  9. GASP this is the first I'm hearing of Surge and now I MUST READ IT!

    Thanks for visiting our WoW at Tales of the Ravenous Reader

    ReplyDelete
  10. Both books look really good! Adding them to my TBR right away :)
    Thanks for stopping by my blog.
    Aneta @ Angelic Book Reviews 

    ReplyDelete
  11. I want to read Three Dark Crowns!!! It's already on my TBR list, and I can't wait to read it. ;) Thanks for stopping by my blog today.

    Jackie @Jackie's Book World

    ReplyDelete
  12. The first one is new to me, but I love that cover! And I'd love to check out Three Dark Crowns, but I probably should finish her other series first before I start a new one :D

    ~Mogsy @ BiblioSanctum

    ReplyDelete
  13. Surge is a new one for me. I hope you love them both once you get a chance to read them.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I've got Three Dark Crowns from Edelweiss! I'm hoping to read it soon. I hope you enjoy this book when you get the chance to read it!

    Thanks for visiting my blog! Have a wonderful week. =)

    Alyssa @ The Eater of Books!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I LOVE the Princess Bride gif! I feel like that encompasses my entire book life. As for your WoWs, I still need to read West's sci-f series to. I have the second book, but I still don't own book one. *sigh* Oh, and Three Dark Crowns sounds really good.

    I hope you enjoy the books when you get your hands on them.

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  16. Both seem pretty interesting, especially Three Dark Crowns. Sounds so intense. Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Both of these books are new to me! Thanks so much for spotlighting them today! :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. I can't believe I haven't heard of Surge before.....omg it sounds amazing. The other one is on my amazon shopping list. Thanks so much for sharing. I love adding new books to my To Read List!!!! Happy Reading.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I like the cover of Surge. I did not like Three Dark Crowns.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Both of these are new to me. I hope you enjoy them Jessica!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are an award all on their own! So my blog is an award free one! Thanks for any consideration though!