Oct 4, 2016

Teaser & Top Ten Tuesdays

Teaser Tuesday is a weekly feature hosted by MizB of Books and Beat

Here are the rules:

1. Grab your current read
2. Open to a page
3. Pick out 2 lines that are SPOILER FREE
4. Name the title, author, etc.


"Inej climbed onto the railing and launched herself from the safety of the balcony, heading for the roof. If they survived the night, she was going to kill Kaz." p 26















TITLE: Six of Crows
AUTHOR: Leigh Bardugo
PUBLISHER: Henry Holt and Company
GENRE: Fantasy YA

RELEASE DATE: September 29, 2015






Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created at The Broke and the Bookish. This feature was created because we are particularly fond of lists here at The Broke and the Bookish. We'd love to share our lists with other bookish folks and would LOVE to see your top ten lists!

Each week we will post a new Top Ten list  that one of our bloggers here at The Broke and the Bookish will answer. Everyone is welcome to join. All we ask is that you link back to The Broke and the Bookish on your own Top Ten Tuesday post AND add your name to the Linky widget so that everyone can check out other bloggers lists! If you don't have a blog, just post your answers as a comment. Have fun with it! It's a fun way to get to know your fellow bloggers.



This week's topic is: Top Ten Favorite Villains..and the Not Hero People (LOL!)


*in no particular order 



10. LEVANA--she was one twisted sister! Although in Fairest, you do kind of feel for her, but still can't help but loathe the woman!
9. MALONE--oh how I wanted this b*st*rd dead from the getgo! Truly evil villain material!
8. THE DARKLING--one that doesn't quite fit the villain category necessarily. Until he says his famous line and actually turns into said villain. But I did love the guy, just a little bit!


7. AL--is he villain or he is not? It's tough to say with Al. But I gotta say, I like him!
6. THE COMMANDANT--ohh now this woman is evil! Pure evil! One you love to hate!
5. THE EMPEROR--a man so vile I can't even recall his name! Whoops! Overloaded Reader Memory Loss is truly a disease and I suffer from it! But I do remember him being just despicable!



4. JARETH--another one that makes you ask yourself, is he villain or not? Not friend, for sure, but truly villainous? I mean he's hot for sure! LOL! But that just might be my David Bowie fangirl trying to find the good in him! 
3. ADELINA--I've only read this one of the series, but it's definitely one where you see Adelina evolve into a villain. Unless these next two books prove me wrong!
2. AVARI--oh how I hated him!! Rachel writes excellent villains to hate! I hate hate them all! Haha!


And for the #1 pick, I choose the most evil and dastardly villain ever known to the written word:

1. DOLORES UMBRIDGE--seriously! Voldemort has got nothing compared to her! Lol!



  


24 comments:

  1. Haha, I went with Dolores Umbridge too! I haven't read any of the others, though several are on my list.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We share Umbridge this week! But I haven't read any of the others yet although I do own a few of these!

    My TTT

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your villain list is great!! I have the Commandant on my list as well, and I haven't even finished Ember! The Emperor from The Winner's Curse trilogy is a good one. I forgot how evil he was.
    My Top Ten

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE the choice of Dolores Umbridge - that is the strength of the HP series, there are always a satisfying slew to choose from:). I haven't yet read SIX OF CROWS - is it as grimdark as it appears? I'm a tad grimdarked out at the moment... This is my offering -
    https://sjhigbee.wordpress.com/2016/10/04/teaser-tuesday-4th-october-2016/

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've seen Six of Crows around lately. Might pick it up one of these days.

    Mine this week from The Girl from the Sea: https://wp.me/p3Nz8P-Wu

    ReplyDelete
  6. I finally got my copy of this book and can't wait to get started. Great showcase of books!

    My TT from Putting On The Witch

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ah! I should have added JARETH! Forgot him :(

    My TTT

    ReplyDelete
  8. I was THIS close to adding the Emperor to my list too. He was horrible!!

    Thanks for visiting my TTT!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Al made my list as well and I have to admit, he was the first person I thought of. My list consists more of villains I love so he was an automatic add for me!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I didn't read the books, but I did she how Dolores was in the movies. She was a rat! I hated her!
    Great Top Ten :D My Top Ten Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love Leigh Bardugo! I hope you're enjoying this book. It's on my reading list.
    My TT

    ReplyDelete
  12. I need to finish the Grisha series so I can read Six of Crows and Crooked Kingdom! I know you don't have to read that series first, but I just feel like I should. And Levana and Umbridge made my list, too. Hope you have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I really enjoyed Six of Crows. I have the sequel but haven't been able to wedge it into my reading list yet. My teaser this week comes from the latest Otherworld anthology - Otherworld Chills by Kelley Armstrong. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great choices, especially the Darkling and Jareth. They're the type of bad-boy villains that I feel slightly guilty for liking, but definitely do.

    My TTT

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great list! Umbridge is the WORST!!

    Thanks for stopping by my TTT!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Everyone seems to agree with you about the villainess from Harry Potter. Great list!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Totally agree with you on Umbridge. She's a nightmare.

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is already on my TBR list — I really should get around to it. Here's my link: http://wp.me/p4DMf0-1jv

    ReplyDelete
  19. Honestly the Darkling should be on every single list ever but it makes me cringe to see him next to Umbridge! I would legit kill Umbridge if I got the chance but I would run away to a remote island with the Darkling so... XD Great list!

    Here are my Top Ten!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Levana made my list as well. I love Adelina....Lu created a heart-breaking character with her. I can't wait to see the conclusion this month.
    Great teaser btw. I need to check that series out!

    ReplyDelete
  21. The Commandant is so terrifying!! I forgot about Adelina but she's a great villain too!

    Kritika @ Snowflakes and Spider silk

    ReplyDelete
  22. The Commandant is so terrifying!! I forgot about Adelina but she's a great villain too!

    Kritika @ Snowflakes and Spider silk

    ReplyDelete
  23. Good list, though I admit I haven't read a lot of these. Both Voldemort and Umbridge made my list (and I agree that most people, myself included, hate Umbridge more on a gut level than we do Voldemort.) Levana should have made my list; I haven't read Fairest precisely because I dislike Levana so much that I don't think I could take a whole book about her and her twisted mind.

    ReplyDelete
  24. So agree with Avari, he was ridiculously creepy, which made him so great. Great list!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are an award all on their own! So my blog is an award free one! Thanks for any consideration though!