Teaser Tuesday is a weekly feature hosted by MizB of Books and Beat.
Here are the rules:
1. Grab your current read
2. Open to a page
3. Pick out 2 lines that are SPOILER FREE
4. Name the title, author, etc.
"I had awoken into a new world, a new life. Reality had snapped in half: truth on one side, lies on the other. But which was which? I struggled to match its jagged edges, but the pieces did not fit."*
*Quote comes from the eARC therefore it and its location are NOT final.
AUTHOR: S. Jae-Jones
PUBLISHER: Thomas Dunne
GENRE: Fantasy YA
RELEASE DATE: February 7, 2017
Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created at The Broke and the Bookish. This feature was created because we are particularly fond of lists here at The Broke and the Bookish. We'd love to share our lists with other bookish folks and would LOVE to see your top ten lists!
Each week we will post a new Top Ten list that one of our bloggers here at The Broke and the Bookish will answer. Everyone is welcome to join. All we ask is that you link back to The Broke and the Bookish on your own Top Ten Tuesday post AND add your name to the Linky widget so that everyone can check out other bloggers lists! If you don't have a blog, just post your answers as a comment. Have fun with it! It's a fun way to get to know your fellow bloggers.
This week's topic is: Halloween related freebie: Top Ten Scary Books I NEED to Read Still!
*in no particular order
**also note some of these "scary" books are thrillers, which kind of count as scary for me, because here, the monsters are HUMAN!! ;)
10. DARK SHIMMER by Donna Jo Napoli--this one sounded spooky in the traditional sense! Plus I had read an MG book by this author years ago when I was at that level so I felt compelled to pick this one up!
9. THE MASKED TRUTH by Kelley Armstrong--a thriller! I love Kelley's books so I am super excited to read this one!
8. THE HOUSE by Christina Lauren--this one has gotten mixed reviews, but I thought it sounded creepy and intriguing! I mean a sentient house? Totally screams Monster House to me! :D
7. THE APPEARANCE OF ANNIE VAN SINDEREN by Katherine Howe--another creepy sounding story! Love a good ghost story and really want to read this one!
6. DAUGHTERS UNTO DEVILS by Amy Lukavics--heard good things about this one! The cover gives me the serious creeps even!
5. AFTER THE WOODS by Kim Savage--another thriller I had my eyes on! Love a good thriller!
4. SLEEP NO MORE by Aprilynne Pike--this one sounded really good! I picked it up last year as well, and then bought the e-sequel! So hoping it will be incredible!
3. THE DEVIL YOU KNOW by Trish Doller--another thriller I heard good things about! First off, still not sure why teen girl thinks it's a great idea for her first rule-breaking spree to be to travel with two teenage boys she doesn't know whatsoever! And having it turn out that one is a killer? Creepy!! And I NEED to read it!
2. THE LAST GOOD DAY OF THE YEAR by Jessica Warman--I actually won this one and it sounded good! Because as I've said, a good thriller is just as terrifying as a story filled with killer monsters!!
1. WELCOME TO THE DARK HOUSE by Laurie Faria Stolarz--I read her first series ages ago and loved it! It was the perfect blend of magic and thriller and mystery! I LOVED IT! So naturally I picked up her next series, also still unread and then this one! Really need to read her books again!
BONUS PICK BECAUSE I JUST KEPT GOING DOWN MY GOODREADS LIST BEFORE REALIZING I SURPASSED 10!
DIARY OF A HAUNTING by M. Verano--the cover caught my eye by how friggin creepy it was! After checking out a few reviews I decided to buy it! Impulse shopping is a dangerous thing when it comes to books! LOL!