Oct 25, 2016

Teaser & Top Ten Tuesdays

Teaser Tuesday is a weekly feature hosted by MizB of Books and Beat

Here are the rules:

1. Grab your current read
2. Open to a page
3. Pick out 2 lines that are SPOILER FREE
4. Name the title, author, etc.



"I had awoken into a new world, a new life. Reality had snapped in half: truth on one side, lies on the other. But which was which? I struggled to match its jagged edges, but the pieces did not fit."*




*Quote comes from the eARC therefore it and its location are NOT final.











TITLE: Wintersong
AUTHOR: S. Jae-Jones
PUBLISHER: Thomas Dunne
GENRE: Fantasy YA

RELEASE DATE: February 7, 2017







Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created at The Broke and the Bookish. This feature was created because we are particularly fond of lists here at The Broke and the Bookish. We'd love to share our lists with other bookish folks and would LOVE to see your top ten lists!

Each week we will post a new Top Ten list  that one of our bloggers here at The Broke and the Bookish will answer. Everyone is welcome to join. All we ask is that you link back to The Broke and the Bookish on your own Top Ten Tuesday post AND add your name to the Linky widget so that everyone can check out other bloggers lists! If you don't have a blog, just post your answers as a comment. Have fun with it! It's a fun way to get to know your fellow bloggers.



This week's topic is: Halloween related freebie: Top Ten Scary Books I NEED to Read Still!


*in no particular order
**also note some of these "scary" books are thrillers, which kind of count as scary for me, because here, the monsters are HUMAN!! ;)


10. DARK SHIMMER by Donna Jo Napoli--this one sounded spooky in the traditional sense! Plus I had read an MG book by this author years ago when I was at that level so I felt compelled to pick this one up!
9. THE MASKED TRUTH by Kelley Armstrong--a thriller! I love Kelley's books so I am super excited to read this one!
8. THE HOUSE by Christina Lauren--this one has gotten mixed reviews, but I thought it sounded creepy and intriguing! I mean a sentient house? Totally screams Monster House to me! :D


7. THE APPEARANCE OF ANNIE VAN SINDEREN by Katherine Howe--another creepy sounding story! Love a good ghost story and really want to read this one!
6. DAUGHTERS UNTO DEVILS by Amy Lukavics--heard good things about this one! The cover gives me the serious creeps even! 
5. AFTER THE WOODS by Kim Savage--another thriller I had my eyes on! Love a good thriller!


4. SLEEP NO MORE by Aprilynne Pike--this one sounded really good! I picked it up last year as well, and then bought the e-sequel! So hoping it will be incredible!
3. THE DEVIL YOU KNOW by Trish Doller--another thriller I heard good things about! First off, still not sure why teen girl thinks it's a great idea for her first rule-breaking spree to be to travel with two teenage boys she doesn't know whatsoever! And having it turn out that one is a killer? Creepy!! And I NEED to read it!
2. THE LAST GOOD DAY OF THE YEAR by Jessica Warman--I actually won this one and it sounded good! Because as I've said, a good thriller is just as terrifying as a story filled with killer monsters!!


1. WELCOME TO THE DARK HOUSE by Laurie Faria Stolarz--I read her first series ages ago and loved it! It was the perfect blend of magic and thriller and mystery! I LOVED IT! So naturally I picked up her next series, also still unread and then this one! Really need to read her books again!


BONUS PICK BECAUSE I JUST KEPT GOING DOWN MY GOODREADS LIST BEFORE REALIZING I SURPASSED 10! 


DIARY OF A HAUNTING by M. Verano--the cover caught my eye by how friggin creepy it was! After checking out a few reviews I decided to buy it! Impulse shopping is a dangerous thing when it comes to books! LOL!





23 comments:

  1. Reality breaking does not sound good. I will of course be passing on all the scary book, hope you understand.

    My TT

    ReplyDelete
  2. All of these are on my TBR list too! I have read The Devil You Know by Trish Dollar. It was okay, typical horror girl character. Like WTF??? So many moments I had to wonder why she thought things were a good idea. Still an interesting read.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the sound of your Teaser Tuesday, but passed over the covers of your scary reads with a shiver - I'm SUCH a wuss! Here is my TT sci fi adventure - https://sjhigbee.wordpress.com/2016/10/25/teaser-tuesday-25th-october-2016/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty cover for Winter Song, but Armstrong's really makes me want to get the book and read it...NOW. :-)
    sherry @ fundinmental

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous cover on the teaser.

    My teaser this week is from an Amish Thriller: https://wp.me/p3Nz8P-Zy

    ReplyDelete
  6. The Masked Truth and The House are two that have been on my wishlist for quite some time. I've heard both are amazing! And I totally agree that thrillers can sometimes be scary. Actually, MOST well-done thrillers creepy me out a bit. That's why I LOVE THEM! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. These all look like great recommendations and some I never heard of. Thanks Jessica!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely writing and a lovely cover.

    And I'm loving all of those books too!

    My TT from Extinct

    ReplyDelete
  9. Welcome to the dark house and the second novel are really good!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have a thing for haunted houses, so I am adding The House to my Wishlist!

    Here's my Top Ten Tuesday:

    http://darlenesbooknook.blogspot.ca/2016/10/favourite-horrorscary-books.html

    ReplyDelete
  11. Considering I love horror, I can't believe I haven't read any of the ones on your list. I also want to read many of them but then again, I love horror and read it on and off all year round!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I have to read quite a few of these myself! :) The House, Daughters Unto Devils, After the Woods, The Devil You Know, & Welcome to the Dark House are all on my TBR! This is a great list!

    Here's My TTT post!

    xo Stephanie

    ReplyDelete
  13. Nice list! I haven´t read any of those but I want to read The Masked Truth.
    Here is My Top 10 Tuesday

    ReplyDelete
  14. Nice cover and Teaser. Wintersong sounds like a good one.
    My Tuesday post features THREE WEEKS WITH MY BROTHER.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I've been reading Diary of a Haunting off and on and it's definitely creepy! I have to tell you though, After the Woods is definitely not horror! I hope you get to read some of these soon!

    Here are my Top Ten!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great teaser! Here is my TT: http://shoshireads.weebly.com/home/teaser-tuesday3908935

    ReplyDelete
  17. Awesome set of books you got there! I think I'll check these out too!

    Here’s my TTT!

    Catch you over @ Rabbit Ears Book Blog !

    ReplyDelete
  18. I STILL need to read The Devil You Know too! I was hoping to this year but I don't think its going to happen! Good luck with all of your creepy reads!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I haven't read any of these, but I totally agree about The Diary of a Haunting - that cover is totally creepy. I hope the book is as good as that cover!

    My TTT: http://girlaboutlibrary.blogspot.com/2016/10/five-haunting-books-you-should-read-top.html

    ReplyDelete
  20. I liked The Devil You Know! I want to read Devils Unto Daughters and Diary of a Haunting too. Great list!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Great list. I don't read as many scary books as I would like to sadly. However, you've picked out a great list. Dark Shimmer is creepy and looks creepy. I love your teaser it sounds interesting it's on my wishlist. Thanks so much for sharing this week. Have a great week and happy reading!!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Ugh, you make me want to read Wintersong!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Ahhhh Wintersong! I cannot wait to dive into it!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are an award all on their own! So my blog is an award free one! Thanks for any consideration though!