Jan 24, 2017

Teaser & Top Ten Tuesdays

Teaser Tuesday is a weekly feature hosted by Purple Princess of The Purple Booker


Here are the rules: 

1. Grab your current read

2. Open to a page
3. Pick out 2 lines that are SPOILER FREE 
4. Name the title, author, etc.

"Ethan wasted no time. His eyes gleaming with power, with pride, he slid a hand around my neck and moved in for the kiss, which was powerful and deep, and singularly possessive." p 73*

*Quote comes from the ARC, therefore it and its page number are not be final.













TITLE: Blade Bound
AUTHOR: Chloe Neill
PUBLISHER: Berkley Books
GENRE: Urban Fantasy
RELEASE DATE: April 25, 2017


Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created at The Broke and the Bookish. This feature was created because we are particularly fond of lists here at The Broke and the Bookish. We'd love to share our lists with other bookish folks and would LOVE to see your top ten lists!

Each week we will post a new Top Ten list  that one of our bloggers here at The Broke and the Bookish will answer. Everyone is welcome to join. All we ask is that you link back to The Broke and the Bookish on your own Top Ten Tuesday post AND add your name to the Linky widget so that everyone can check out other bloggers lists! If you don't have a blog, just post your answers as a comment. Have fun with it! It's a fun way to get to know your fellow bloggers.



This week's topic is: FREEBIE! Top Ten Series in my TBR Pile I Want to Finish This Year!


*in no particular order
*possibly a repeated topic but one that felt motivating to me! LOL!



10. FIREBIRD TRILOGY by Claudia Gray--read book 1 as an ARC, then after hearing book 2 had a cliffhanger, I decided to wait. Now my waiting needs to end!
9. AVENA TRILOGY by Marianne Curley--one of my most favorite authors and I still need to read this one! After it was so hard to track down! Darn territorial rights.
8. YOUNG ELITES TRILOGY by Marie Lu--another one I held off on finishing because of a cliffhanger in book 2. This was my reasoning for everything in 2015 and 2016! LOL!


7. HOURGLASS TRILOGY by Myra McEntire--a trilogy I need to finish! Loved the first two books and sooo need to read this one still!
6. SNOW LIKE ASHES TRILOGY by Sara Raasch--another trilogy I heard where book 2 had a cliffhanger. Now all my waiting is done for too many series so I have a lot of reading to do! LOL!
5. JENSEN MURPHY, GHOST FOR HIRE TRILOGY by Chris Marie Green--a totally awesome trilogy with a ghostly heroine! How did I let this one slop by me?


4. WHITE RABBIT CHRONICLES by Gena Showalter--sooo close to reading this one I think! LOL!
3. BLUD SERIES by Delilah S. Dawson--the book that came as a surprise and brings a finale to the most incredible series ever!
2. IN THE AFTER DUOLOGY by Demitria Lunetta--I can't let a duology sit unfinished for so long! Need to fix that!


1. THE TAKING TRILOGY by Kimberly Derting--loooved the first book! So weird and mysterious! Gotta get to this one this year for sure!


And of course there are many more, many that I still need to start AND finish! LOL! But these essentially were the the first 10 I came across on my TBR list! LOL!





23 comments:

  1. This one is a popular one this week! I only have The Mad Zombie Party in that series as well as the Rose Society and on in TYE. I haven't heard of the Avena Trilogy before, will have to look that one up. I hope you get to finish all of these this year! Happy Reading.

    Brittney @ Reviews from a Dreamer


    My TTT

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! We chose the same topic this week! However, we don't have any series in common. I do have the first book in the Firebird trilogy though, I just haven't got around to reading it yet. I think I maybe should soon.

    My TTT

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the look of several of your series - Replaced looks fabulous! And your Teaser Tuesday sounded promising, too... I hope you are enjoying it. My TT this week is a new addition to an old, very famous story... https://sjhigbee.wordpress.com/2017/01/24/teaser-tuesday-24th-january-2016/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I need to finish The Young Elites too, and I think another White Rabbit Chronicle book might have come out after I thought I was all caught up...

    My Top Ten Tuesday

    ReplyDelete
  5. The teaser has a lot of words associated with power or powerful in it. It isn't my usual, but I could give it a try.

    https://girlof1000wonders.wordpress.com/2017/01/24/tuesday-teaser-intro-someone-to-love/

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really need to read Infinityglass as well. I think I've forgotten everything in the first 2 books though. :(

    ReplyDelete
  7. The teaser certainly pulls you in, doesn't it?

    Mine this week is from a Tom Clancy Jack Ryan novel: https://wp.me/p3Nz8P-1bg

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like your teaser:) And a great list of books too.

    My TT from Heart Of Eve

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have seen Blade Bound around and it looks pretty good to me. Lots of other goodies too.
    sherry @ fundinmental Sunday Memes

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oops, left the wrong link. LOL

    sherry @ fundinmental My TT

    ReplyDelete
  11. I haven't started any of these series but most of them are on my TBR list! One of my main goals this year is to finish more of the series I started in the past so hopefully we can both knock a few of them off the list! :)

    Stacy Renee @ Lazy Day Lit

    ReplyDelete
  12. I think I would really like the Blue series. It seems a lot of people did a series focus this week - me included. Nice list and good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  13. That kiss, yeah it made butterflies in my tummy. Ethan is just so Ethan. I need to finish the Rose Society.

    My TT

    ReplyDelete
  14. All new book series to me!! Nothing like finding a new series to read.

    ReplyDelete
  15. So many books! I'm also finishing the Firebird series too!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Can't wait to read this one. I love that series. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I haven't read any of the series that made your list but a few of them are on my TBR. Enjoy all of them!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I like the cover and title, Ten Thousand Skies Above You but I'm not too keen on trilogies at the moment. Teaser is good, too. Here's my link: http://wp.me/p4DMf0-1t1

    ReplyDelete
  19. I'm reading The Rose Society now too!! I hope you get to read it soon too! :D

    Here are my Top Ten!

    ReplyDelete
  20. AAAHHHH - I can't wait! I love Ethan and Merit.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I haven't read any of these books yet, but I would love to check them out!

    Here’s my TTT!

    Ronyell @ Rabbit Ears Book Blog

    ReplyDelete
  22. This was a good idea for a list! Keeping up with series can get so out of control haha.

    ReplyDelete
  23. I've read the first Snow Like Ashes book, but haven't got around to the rest!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are an award all on their own! So my blog is an award free one! Thanks for any consideration though!