Oct 13, 2017

Let's Discuss: Questions to Never Ask a Bookworm...unless you're asking for it!!

Again on my stroll around the blogosphere I came across yet another post that had me thinking! This time it was from Paper Fury! It basically discussed 10 annoying questions bookworms hate being asked! And while reading some of them, I was like omigosh! This is SO true!!


Questions to Never Ask a Bookworm


Firstly, that dreaded question: What's your favorite book? 

Seriously?! You're asking me, an avid reader, an extremely avid reader what my favorite book is? There is NO way I could possibly answer that! It's like asking me for my favorite Disney movie. I'll just keep naming them! Though in that area I think I can narrow it down to my top 5! But yeah, never ever ask me what my favorite ANYTHING is, because I seriously cannot choose just ONE!


Another question I loathe: Why do you have so many books?

*dead silence* Seriously, this is a question I cannot answer no matter how I try! I start, with a word then cut myself off. It's like asking a person why do you breathe air? Or why do you live?! 


I was recently asked by a family member: Why do you have to own so many copies of the same book?

I mean okay, I guess I can understand that. I only recently started collecting certain editions and certain books. It's not like I buy multiples of every book! Blame can be cast onto publishers for always (all right not always, but definitely can say more than half the time, at least in recent years) changing the covers mid series! I mean really?! You're doing this purposely because you know a certain percentage of booklovers might have OCD when it comes to their covers! I KNOW THEY THINK THIS! I know because I have OCD when it comes to my books! And other things, but we're not talking about non-book things today!


Another one I was asked: What are you going to do with all those books?

Read them, duh. Then I get asked, then what? Shelve them and then admire all my accomplishments. Duh. Clearly I was not raised by booklovers. I'd say I was adopted, but I am too much like my mom in other scopes of life!


So what about you my book loving friends? What questions have you been asked that leave you tongue-tied or ones that just really irk you to be asked when it comes to your love of reading?








3 comments:

  1. I hate the one about the multiple editions, BECAUSE I LOVE IT, OKAY?! IS THAT ALRIGHT WITH YOU? NO? WELL WHO ASKED YOU... I am very passionate about this haha.

    Thanks for sharing, have a great weekend!
    ~Brittany @ Brittany's Book Rambles

    ReplyDelete
  2. YES oh my gosh. All of these!! My least favorite is "How do you have so much time to read." I MAKE THE TIME! Oye!

    Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  3. If some people can collect knickknacks, there's no reason you can't collect different editions of books. Why not? Sometimes people ask me, "How do you read so much?" Um, I just do? I read. A lot. Not really anything more to it than that.

    Nicole @ Feed Your Fiction Addiction

    ReplyDelete

Comments are an award all on their own! So my blog is an award free one! Thanks for any consideration though!