Oct 31, 2017

Teaser & Top Ten Tuesdays

Teaser Tuesday is a weekly feature hosted by Purple Princess of The Purple Booker.


Here are the rules:

1. Grab your current read
2. Open to a page

3. Pick out 2 lines that are SPOILER FREE
4. Name the title, author, etc.


In honor of Halloween, here is a teaser that sent a chill down my spine and caused me to squirm! LOL!


"Farrell drew a small folding knife out of his pocket and flipped it open. Leaning loser to the mirror, he pulled the skin beneath his right eye taut. Slowly and carefully, he sliced off his birthmark." p 61














TITLE: The Darkest Magic
AUTHOR: Morgan Rhodes
PUBLISHER: Razorbill
GENRE: Fantasy YA
RELEASE DATE: June 28, 2016





Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created at The Broke and the Bookish. This feature was created because we are particularly fond of lists here at The Broke and the Bookish. We'd love to share our lists with other bookish folks and would LOVE to see your top ten lists!

Each week we will post a new Top Ten list  that one of our bloggers here at The Broke and the Bookish will answer. Everyone is welcome to join. All we ask is that you link back to The Broke and the Bookish on your own Top Ten Tuesday post AND add your name to the Linky widget so that everyone can check out other bloggers lists! If you don't have a blog, just post your answers as a comment. Have fun with it! It's a fun way to get to know your fellow bloggers.



This week's topic is: HALLOWEEN FREEBIE--Top Ten Scary Books I STILL Need to Read from My TBR Pile!


*in no particular order
**literally a list of spooky reads I still NEED to read! All but one of these was in my picture on Instagram!


 The Merciless II by Danielle Vega
The Dead Girls Society by Michelle Krys
The Women in the Walls by Amy Lukavics
The Dead List by Jennifer L. Armentrout
The Masked Truth by Kelley Armstrong
Beautiful Broken Girls by Kim Savage
The House by Christina Lauren
Welcome to the Dark House by Laurie Faria Stolarz 
After the Woods by Kim Savage
The Last Harvest by Kim Liggett
The Devil You Know by Trish Doller
Hellworld by Tom Leveen




16 comments:

  1. I actually read one of these, Beautiful Broken Girls. I liked it more than most, because the writing was so beautiful, but I also found myself under the spell of these mysterious sisters.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have a lot to choose from! Enjoy the day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ew... that TT extract made me shudder! Well written though - I hope you're enjoying the book. I don't do horror or creepy due to having nightmare issues, but they all look shockingly good for the time of year. Happy Halloween:) My TT - https://sjhigbee.wordpress.com/2017/10/31/teaser-tuesday-31st-october-2017/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gee, can I just add this photo to my TBR? I don't think I've read any of them and they all look great!

    ReplyDelete
  5. After the Woods and With Malice are FAVES of mine. I love a good twist and those both deliver on that. Hellworld is totally on my TBR too. I love Tom Leveen's books :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. All these covers look really creepy! I haven't read any of these, as I don't read many spooky books :P Great list though!

    My TTT: http://flippingthruthepages.com/2017/10/top-ten-tuesday-top-ten-books-bookstagram-made-buy/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ouch! Creepy teaser. I don't do scary books. I hope I don't have any on TBR mountain but one or two might be hiding. This week I am featuring a book I want to read again - Written in Red by Anne Bishop. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  8. With Malice and After The Woods are both on my TBR.
    My TTT: https://jjbookblog.wordpress.com/2017/10/31/top-ten-tuesday-131/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awesome list! I loved Welcome to the Dark House.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great list! I did the same topic. There are so many creepy books I need to read.

    Aj @ Read All The Things!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I've enjoyed several of these! And ooooh, get on The Last Harvest NOW! :D

    ~Mogsy @ BiblioSanctum

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the cover of Beautiful Broken Girls by Kim Savage!!!

    Alex @ The Book's Buzz

    ReplyDelete
  13. Awesome list! I really want to read After the Woods too!

    Here’s my TTT!

    Ronyell @ Rabbit Ears Book Blog

    ReplyDelete
  14. YES! The House was an amazing read! And creepy too!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Awesome teaser, and that cover is fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'm not a scary book person but I did love The Dead List! JLA mixes scary and swoony well.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are an award all on their own! So my blog is an award free one! Thanks for any consideration though!