Oct 8, 2017

Stacking the Shelves

Stacking The Shelves is all about sharing the books you are adding to your shelves, may it be physical or virtual. This means you can include books you buy in physical store or online, books you borrow from friends or the library, review books, gifts and of course ebooks! The meme is now hosted by Tynga's Reviews and Reading Reality.


This was a harrowing week, let me tell you! Ugh. I've been sick pretty much since last Saturday. I swear every time I catch a cold, it lingers. I tried to prevent it with preventive medicine. No dice. Then just as the weekend starts to come back around, I think I'm doing better. I can breathe easier but then suddenly I'm hacking away with a cough! It comes and goes. I was coughing like crazy before I had to go to work, then after being in the office for an hour or so, I'm done. Come home in the afternoon and it starts up again! Must be my house! LOL! 

And that didn't even include my stress with USPS and them not delivering my packages! First was a book order that sat at the sorting office for 2 days not moving or doing anything! Just when I'm getting ready to call them on Monday, it moves along and its delivered! Then my highly sensitive and much needed and fragile item was sent out on the wrong truck and that was what was with my "receptacle blocked" crap. Apparently they changed the scanner options but that's freaking ridiculous to make me think it was my fault for not getting my package but got my mail and whatnot.

So yeah. Not too happy of a week there. But I did get some nice goodies, so I guess it's all okay in the end!


Here's what I bought:

Lair of Dreams by Libba Bray--yeah, I'm one of the weirdos that likes to have a favorite series be matching in cover art even if they won't all be in hardcovers.
Little Monsters by Kara Thomas
Zero Repeat Forever by G.S. Prendergast
The Last Namsara by Kristen Ciccarelli
Ally by Anna Banks
The Devils You Know by M.C. Atwood
Archangel's Viper by Nalini Singh--sooo behind in this series!! It's crazy!
Darkly Fae by Tera Lynn Childs--this was a freebie! I think I might have 2 or 3 of the books and this one has them all so again, why not?!


Then I contributed to my book sleeve addiction by buying these two lovelies! Technically one was ordered last week and would've made the STS had I not been out of town! So really, I only added 1! ;)

Though I'm not a donut eater I still thought this one was too cute! So colorful and vibrant! LOL! This came from Kathy's Kovers!


Then this gorgeous one came from The Book Keeper Boutique! I LOVE this print! Belle is all over the place with books!! It's just perfect!! LOVE the one where she's handing the Beast more books and he's carrying them around!


Then I got one of my preorder incentives! Still waiting on my Wonder Woman poster. Freaking out over that one unnecessarily! But when books that released after Wonder Woman have started sending me their preorder gifts, my anxiety is naturally, going sky high!


Here is my deck of playing cards for Three Dark Crowns!! They're pretty nifty!


a signed bookplate and bookmark from Julie Dao! 
 

Then while at Barnes and Noble I was combing through the many clearance boxes and found one with bookmarks for 75% off!! I started with 5 bookmarks and talked myself out of two, but these I just had to get because I am a sucker for bookmarks! LOL!


And then that extra special item that I was panicking over because they're sending it to godsknowwhere was this little guy:

One of the incredibly hard to catch/get dragons from the ever so talented Julie Kagawa! I was in love with nearly every Halloween dragon she made, but when I saw her little picture with this guy and the candy corn one, and he said that he "got the bones of his enemies" I knew I had to have him! And luck was with me that night! LOL!

Took me forever to get this picture right! Hard to do with a black dragon on black furniture! Hence him sitting on my blogging planner!



And that was my haul this week! What did you all get?







16 comments:

  1. OMG! I'm so jealous! The books! The DRAGON from Julie!!!!! Hope this coming week is better! I'm the same way with a colds going to my chest... BUMMER!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so interested in The Last Namsara! It seems like everyone is loving that book! I also started reading The Devils You Know too! I hope you love all of them :D

    Here's my Weekly Recap!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The bookshelves are so cute. Sorry about the cough. Maybe the change in weather? Feel better!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope you feel better soon and USPS stops messing with you. Enjoy all your new books!

    Aj @ Read All The Things!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great haul, hope you enjoy The Devils You Know! That dragon is super cute!! :)

    Have a great week!
    Stormi
    Week in Review

    ReplyDelete
  6. That Beauty and the Beast book sleeve is adorable! Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great swag! I need to get more bookish stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Phew, you did good! That's a lot of stuff. I also got The Last Namsara as well - the UK edition, which is gorgeous. I'm excited about it. I hope you enjoy all of your new books!

    Have a fantastic week. =)

    Alyssa @ The Eater of Books!

    ReplyDelete
  9. The Last Namsara is on my list! I want it sooo bad!

    Also, that sucks about USPS. Usually its UPS that messes up my deliveries.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What wonderful new acquisitions! I'm looking forward to reading The Last Namsara!

    ~Mogsy @ BiblioSanctum

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great haul! I hope you enjoy all of your new books. Sorry you have been feeling well. Hope you feel much better this week!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ugh I hate it when they screw up book deliveries, especially if it's a single book and they cram it in the mailbox. Hope you're feeling better- I love fall but I always kinda dread it cause if I catch something it's usually around the change of seasons?

    They have Three Dark Crowns playing cards?? How awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Awesome haul! I'm looking forward to Bray's new novel.

    ReplyDelete
  14. oooh, I spy Ally and Little Monsters. Those are two I really want to read. Enjoy all your new books!

    ReplyDelete
  15. You got so much stuff, holy crap. Can you read The Last Namsara first? Please and thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I saw that Julie was doing dragons and I was seriously contemplating it. Can I ask how much she charges for them? I missed them when they went up and I haven't seen the prices.

    Nicole @ Feed Your Fiction Addiction

    ReplyDelete

Comments are an award all on their own! So my blog is an award free one! Thanks for any consideration though!