Oct 17, 2017

Teaser & Top Ten Tuesdays

Teaser Tuesday is a weekly feature hosted by Purple Princess of The Purple Booker.


Here are the rules:

1. Grab your current read
2. Open to a page

3. Pick out 2 lines that are SPOILER FREE
4. Name the title, author, etc.



"Depending on who you ask, Josephine Leeds is still here, walking up and down Sparrow Hill, her white nightdress bloody and filthy at the hem. People call her the Red Woman, and they say she can only be spotted at night.

That's why we're here. To see for ourselves." p 10










 


TITLE: Little Monsters
AUTHOR: Kara Thomas
PUBLISHER: Delacorte Press
GENRE: Thriller YA
RELEASE DATE: July 25, 2017




Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created at The Broke and the Bookish. This feature was created because we are particularly fond of lists here at The Broke and the Bookish. We'd love to share our lists with other bookish folks and would LOVE to see your top ten lists!

Each week we will post a new Top Ten list  that one of our bloggers here at The Broke and the Bookish will answer. Everyone is welcome to join. All we ask is that you link back to The Broke and the Bookish on your own Top Ten Tuesday post AND add your name to the Linky widget so that everyone can check out other bloggers lists! If you don't have a blog, just post your answers as a comment. Have fun with it! It's a fun way to get to know your fellow bloggers.



This week's topic is: Top Ten Yummy Foods Mentioned in Books


*in no particular order 
**also note, I sooooo cannot remember the food mentioned in books! I literally came up with three exact answers, the rest are just general foods that make me hungry when they're mentioned in books no matter what time I'm reading said book! LOL!
***OMG, writing this post before dinner was sooo not a good idea, because I'm starving halfway through these items!


10. CHOCOLATE FROGS, CAULDRON CAKES, BUTTERBEER...the list goes on and on--basically all the delicious treats mentioned in Harry Potter get my mouth watering! Luckily with my trip to Harry Potter World last year, I was able to finally truly experience some of them!
9. CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES--who could forget when Daemon had a cookie in his mouth to offer Katy? And please forgive me if I picked the "wrong" cover, I had a mind blank when it came to which book precisely this happened in!
8. LICORICE--I admit, I like licorice! Twizzlers is the only strawberry flavored one I eat, but when it comes to rope, I prefer cherry! I'm just weird like that!


7. PIZZA--I love pizza! So if the characters are eating it, I'm usually craving it!
6. PASTA--you'd think I was Italian or something with all my love of their foods, but nope! 
5. BREAD--the good kind, like French bread! Nice and crusty on the outside, warm and chewy on the inside! I could just eat bread and butter for dinner!


4. CHIPS AND SALSA--love me some chips and salsa! I know there have been books where the characters go to a Mexican restaurant and start eating these...which usually is in an adult book.
3. MILKSHAKES--honestly can't remember the last book that had one of these, but yeah I love a good milkshake!
2. PB&J--another one I can't remember when I last read about! Possibly peanut butter sandwiches and I'm thinking to the character, you forgot the jelly!!




1. REESE'S PEANUT BUTTER CUPS--have these been in a book? I really can't recall, but including it here for candy's sake! 






14 comments:

  1. Pizza is one of my favorite foods. If the choice is pizza or something else, the answer is always pizza. I am a little picky, because I grew up in Brooklyn, and we New Yorkers are particular about our pizza (and our bagels).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cookies! Also Reese's are mentioned on Trust by Kylie Scott! I loved how you improvised with this one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pizza is LIFE! I like pasta and milkshakes (strawberry one) as well. And I don't need a full description of how they look like because only at the look of the word, and I'm starting to want it :)


    Here's mine: Books That Made Me Hungry

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Harry Potter series has so much food that sounds amazing! Here is my Top Ten Tuesday.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Now I'm SUPER hungry!! I always want pizza when book characters eat it. Coffee too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I go through stages about pizza. I'll eat it frequently for a while then don't want any for weeks. Candy is something I can eat everyday though. Interesting teaser too! Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Apparently, I don't pay a lot of attention to food in books either. I couldn't come up with many, so I went with food on book covers instead.

    Happy TTT!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have been wanting to read Little Monsters. I hope you're enjoying it. Such a creepy teaser!

    I also like your food list. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yes to all the Harry Potter food! I would love to eat that stuff.

    Aj @ Read All The Things!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Pizza- yup. And some really good chocolate chip cookies are nothing to sneeze at either. And chips and salsa- oh I can eat those all day. Love this list! All my favorite food is on it lol.

    Hot crusty bread too, with soup... :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. That is SUCH a good reason to be at Sparrow Hill! So exciting!

    I couldn't remember specific foods, either. In all of Ellie Alexander's books there is a set of recipes on the back of the foods in the book, but I can't recall any of the foods! I just picked books where food was a major component. I was lazy this week. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Not sure when the cookie scene happened, but I'm drooling thinking about it ;) Great list!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Haha. I like your take on this prompt more than mine. I should have just mentioned fave foods that may have been in a book I read at sone point. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ugh yes I always want the foods mentioned in Harry Potter. It sounds so so so wonderful.
    AND OMG Yessss Daemon and his cookies!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are an award all on their own! So my blog is an award free one! Thanks for any consideration though!