Sep 10, 2010

Beauty and the Beast

Despite all the vampires, werewolves, ghosts, necromancers, demons, shapeshifters, psychics, witches, etc (the list is never ending!!) you might know that I also love fairy tales, both Brothers Grimm and Disney.

Moving on...incase you don't already know Disney is FINALLY releasing Beauty and the Beast from the (dreaded, horrible) vault!! On October 5, Beauty and the Beast will release on Blueray DVD and a Blueray Combo pack with the regular DVD in it. I'm thrilled! Yet still mad. Because we haven't upgraded to the Blueray player yet. Don't know when we will either.

So basically while I am excited, because our old DVD has mysteriously disappeared and I turned my house upside down looking for it and could NOT find it, I have been waiting for this DVD release since late last year. And now my countdown is to two more months. On November 23--ONE day after the movie premiered in 91--the REGULAR DVD is released!!

Beauty and the Beast is one of my all time favorite Disney movies. I was sooooo Belle as a kid, to my mind at least. I too had brown hair that I ALWAYS wore in a pony tail and of course I LOVED to read! So, you see I was Belle! ;)

So my wait will continue on for another 2 months. And while it is agonizing I still can't wait! I have my other 3 all time favorite Disney movies on DVD and now I just need this one to be satisfied!

This isn't book related or anything, but I just thought I would post about it because it's something I am really excited about because I am a Disney fan. Bibliophile, urban fantasy girl on the dark side and yet still a Disney girl at heart!

Also, I heard that Beauty and the Beast will be returning to theaters on September 29 and October 2 ONLY in a special Sing-Along presentation! If you're interested or know younger kids who would like it, be sure to check your local theaters for possible upcoming shows.

2 comments:

  1. Thats so funny that you should post this because I just ordered "Beauty and the Beast" on DVD.

    ReplyDelete
  2. But think of all the dust you found turning the house upside down! I never understood their vault, but then who has ever understood their business management"

    Stopped by on the follow and hope you will come by too. I would love to hit 500 this weekend any help would be appreciated.Fangs, Wands and Fairy Dust
    email: steph@fangswandsandfairydust.com
    twitter: @fangswandsfairy

    ReplyDelete

Comments are an award all on their own! So my blog is an award free one! Thanks for any consideration though!