Nov 25, 2011

Friday Hops

This is a weekly blog meme hosted by Parajunkee's View and Alison Can Read.

Here are the general rules to Follow Friday:
1. Follow the Follow My Book Blog Friday Hosts and any one else you want to follow on the list
2. Follow our Featured Bloggers
3. Put your Blog name & URL in the Linky thing.
4. Grab the button up there and place it in a post, this post is for people to find a place to say hi in your comments
5. Follow Follow Follow as many as you can
6. If someone comments and says they are following you, be a dear and follow back. Spread the Love...and the followers
7. If you want to show the link list, just follow the link below the entries and copy and paste it within your post!
8. If your new to the follow Friday hop, comment and let me know, so I can stop by and check out your blog!

This week's question is: It’s Thanksgiving Day in the U.S. so we want to know what you are Thankful for – blogging related of course! Who has helped you out along the way? What books are you thankful for reading?


MY ANSWER: Well definitely Livia from Butterfly-O-Meter Books!! She helped me finally get a blog button since I've never had one!! Thanks again Livia!

Let's see...probably Jess at The Cozy Reader, she's helped me with some other technical issues at some point in time!

There are other bloggers too, really any and everyone I follow and follows in return I'm grateful for! There have been other blogging friends who convinced me to read certain books and I ended up totally loving them! So gotta have thanks there! 

So thank you blogging friends!!

Now as for books...since somehow I missed that part a few minutes ago, that list is too long! But of course I'm super thankful for....you guessed it! The 13 to Life series by Shannon Delany!! My fave YA series (one of them)!


Let's see I also adore Victoria Laurie's Ghost Hunter Mysteries!! So fun!


And Rachel Vincent's Shifter series was totally awesome even though it's ended!


And of course two long time faves from way back in the beginning of my reading days: Kelley Armstrong's Otherworld series and Kim Harrison's The Hollows!








And this week I decided to get on the band wagon and try out TGIF at GReads!

TGIF is a weekly feature created and hosted by GReads! that re-caps the week’s posts and has different question each week.
 
So since I do a wrapup on Mondays, I'm gonna skip that part and just do the question!

This week's question is: When You're Not Reading: What occupies your time when your nose isn't stuck in a book?


MY ANSWER: You mean there's life beyond reading?! Ha ha! Kidding! I do stuff with my family a lot! Hanging out or just running errands! Try to work on my own writing, but that's been pretty slow lately. Haven't been too motivated what with all my rejections from querying, but gonna get back to working on that again eventually! I know the drill, gotta write stuff to send stuff to people and keep sending, it only takes one yes...yadda yadda yadda! ;)

I like watching movies and some TV shows. Do a lot of DVRs! No commercials!! And today I am going shopping! Not going for the awesome deals that people go nutso over, but still leisurely shopping since I got most of my shopping list completed!


19 comments:

  1. The book blogging community is just awesome. I can't picture myself anymore without books and bloggers to keep me company! =) Thank you!

    Happy Thanksgiving!

    XO, April
    My Follow Friday

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I love the sounds of the Ghost Hunter mysteries!! Never heard of it!

    Giselle
    Xpresso Reads

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't read the 13 to Life series yet! If you're thankful for them, I should probably add them to my list to check out. Have a wonderful weekend and thanks for stopping by Book Brats!

    Megan at Book Brats

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad to hear that you're a family person, too! Keep encouraged about your writing--most of my favorite authors lived through a gazillion rejections, only to eventually find great success. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree with you, I am thankful for all the people I follow and that follow me! Blogging wouldn't be teh same without them.

    Hope you have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for passing by my blog :D
    And I agree with you, the blogging community is great, I'm loving every second of this, hehe.

    Old follower, by the way. Hope you have an amazing weekend.

    Alaiel @ Librarian Mouse

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great post! I am also thankful for all of the book blogging friends I have made this year and I can't wait for more!

    Thanks for stopping by my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The button is cute, by the way, as is the header. What program did you make the button on?

    Even though I'm hopping with Follow Friday, I understand your query rejection pain:( It happens to all of us. I guess the best we can do is try not to get discouraged and keep doing what we love!
    -Jenna @ Fans of Fiction (old follower)

    My Follow Friday

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm already a follower, but I just wanted to say thanks for popping over and following my blog. PS - I love the Rachel Vincent Shifter series too. I hope there's more after Alpha!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for stopping by my blog returning the favour.
    I really want to read 13 to life!
    Old follower

    ReplyDelete
  11. At least you've managed to go querying! I'm still stuck at the writing bit. Hope you start writing again soon!

    ReplyDelete
  12. That's real nice she made a button and it's super pretty at that! Reminds me I should fix up a button widget... Have a great weekend, Jessica!:D

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love the Otherworld series by Kelley Armstrong I'm sad that the next book out next year is the last in the series, finger's crossed Savannah and Adam end up together, I'm upset that the last book won't be about Clay and Elena but oh well, anyway here's mine
    http://headstuckinabook.blogspot.com/2011/11/feature-and-follow-friday-6.html

    ReplyDelete
  14. Glad you joined TGIF! Hope you had a good day shopping :o)

    Mickey @ imabookshark

    ReplyDelete
  15. YAY you have a button! I love your blog!!! I can't wait to add you to my blog roll:)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hopping through. Yay for Black Friday shopping. I went to two malls today - and didn't buy anything! I just love browsing.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I can't begin to tell you how much I've really and truly enjoyed your blog and getting to know you. You're always there with a comment, when there's no many and you always try to be so nice and helpful. :)

    I hope that you had a wonderful holiday with family and friends.

    Suz @ A Soul Unsung
    Follow Friday!
    susanhaugland@att.net

    ReplyDelete
  18. I just love the victoria Laure's series too. Great choice.

    Old follower

    mine is here

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love the blogging friends I've made and value their friendship. What a lovely way to get to know someone.
    Ann

    ReplyDelete

Comments are an award all on their own! So my blog is an award free one! Thanks for any consideration though!