Jun 14, 2019

Do I Have That Book? Tag

I saw this fun tag over at Cornerfolds, though it originated at Keeping Tabs! The image you see is from the latter. I thought it looked like fun and oh so challenging! Because holy cow, I felt frantic as I searched through my books trying to keep a good time! And I might have cheated with the one about sharing initials because yeah, I checked my book inventory list! Lol! 

Here are the rules:

  • Time yourself trying to find each prompt on your shelf.
  • Try and beat the time of the person who challenged you.
  • Don’t forget to tag your challenger and the original creator.
 
 
> Do you have a book with deckled edges?
Yes, there are a few, but the first that came to mind was The Madness Underneath by Maureen Johnson!

> Do you have a book with 3 or more people on the cover?
A Reaper at the Gates by Sabaa Tahir

> Do you have a book based on another fictional story?
There are quite a few of those as well, mostly fairy tales. The first to pop in my head was Briar Rose by Jana Oliver.

> Do you have a book with a title 10 letters long? 
Once Burned by Jeaniene Frost is my winner though!

> Do you have a book with a title that starts and ends with the same letter? 
When I Cast Your Shadow by Sarah Porter!

> Do you have a Mass Market Paperback book?
There are so many of those! The nearest one is A Toxic Trousseau by Juliet Blackwell!

> Do you have a book written by an author using a pen name?
Burned by Danielle Rollins aka Danielle Vega author of The Merciless (unless it was the other way around, but her books under Vega came out first, so I want to say that's her real name?)

> Do you have a book with a character’s name in the title?
Anna Dressed in Blood by Kendare Blake

> Do you have a book with 2 maps in it?
Six of Crows by Leigh Bardugo

> Do you have a book that was turned into a TV show?
Bitten by Kelley Armstrong (though the show took the story in its own direction midseason and I wasn't overly thrilled with it by its third season)

> Do you have a book written by someone who is originally famous for something else? (celebrity/athlete/politician/tv personality…)
I couldn't think of a book-book, but As You Wish by Cary Elwes came to mind.

> Do you have a book with a clock on the cover?
8th Grave After Dark by Darynda Jones (I mean it's a watch, but close enough!)

> Do you have a poetry book?
I'm pretty sure I still have my book of Emily Dickinson's complete collection somewhere.

> Do you have a book with an award stamp on it?
Oddly no. Most of my "award winning" books were obtained before they won.

> Do you have a book written by an author with the same initials as you?
Nope.

> Do you have a book of short stories?
Grim, Slasher Girls and Monster Boys, The Language of Thorns...quite a few more actually.

> Do you have a book that is between 500-510 pages long?
Dance of Thieves by Mary E. Pearson at 503 pages (of actual story, there's like 5 more pages of titles and author acknowledgements, so still counts)

> Do you have a book that was turned into a movie?
Harry Potter, Divergent, Jaws, The Princess Bride, Blood and Chocolate--though I don't recommend seeing it after the book. It's one of those movies that wasn't bad but it was a TERRIBLE film adaptation of the book!

> Do you have a graphic novel?
Vampire Academy books 1-3, The Legend trilogy, Through the Woods by Emily Carroll

> Do you have a book written by 2 or more authors?
The Illuminae Files & Aurora Rising by Amie Kaufman and Jay Kristoff. The Wicked series by Nancy Holder & Debbie Viguie, The Rules by Nancy Holder & Debbie Viguie
 
 
 
This took me about 20 minutes to do, which was about what it took Tracy as well. So we're evenly matched! ;)
 
As usual, I don't tag people for these things, because I know I feel a sense of obligation to do them, but rarely have time at the moment to actually do the post! But if you're feeling game for this challenge, consider yourself tagged!














1 comment:

  1. Oh, wow! I've been seeing some really creative tags lately! I need to make myself a list so I can throw one in on my blog every once in a while. I love this!!

    Nicole @ Feed Your Fiction Addiction

    ReplyDelete

Comments are an award all on their own! So my blog is an award free one! Thanks for any consideration though!