Jun 5, 2022

Stacking the Shelves

 

Stacking the Shelves is all about sharing the books you are adding to your shelves, may it be physical or virtual. This means you can include books you buy in physical store or online, books you borrow from friends or the library, review books, gifts, and of course ebooks! The meme is now hosted by Reading Reality.

 

The four day week is always the longest. Ugh. Lol. Things are slowly picking up at work. I had a few stressful days where people kept asking where certain things "were," because I had requested them a few days ago, I don't think they realize that these things can take several weeks to be granted. Then there were questions about the status of things my team doesn't even request, so that was fun. Honestly, if this is a precursor of what to expected in a few months, it's good practice! But yeah, a few days were frustrating but thankfully Friday came and it's been mostly peaceful. I attended my first local author signing (full length!) of the year since 2020 and it was amazing! I met Scarlett St. Clair and had a blast just being in that author/reader environment again. I did meet Mindy McGinnis a few months back, but it was for a signing at the store, so there wasn't a talk beforehand or room/time to engage with other readers. Hopefully this will be the start of many more author visits to come...though for my neck of the woods, I'm lucky if I get 1 in a month! Fingers crossed!


I didn't add too much to the TBR pile this week, which was good! So here's what I got:

A Game of Retribution by Scarlett St. Clair--SIGNED!


There was also a photo booth at the signing and the bookseller/host that I know had me test it out early! It was pretty cool! 

Then there's the preorder print of Hades and Helios

A signed bookplate

A sticker of the indie bookstore I frequent and the bookseller host!


Then a dear friend got me a French copy of Finale by Stephanie Garber! I didn't have this one in my collection so I was thrilled! I'm now shopping around for the first two to complete my set. Though it seems like the French editions have two different sizes and I might have ordered the smaller size for one book. It's no biggie in the long run, but I'd like to match the second book to the first book at least in terms of size. So once I get that later this month, I'll order the next one!


And then I got my preorder goodies for Tear Down the Throne


I got a mini pack of colored pencils, a color me bookmark, and a notepad! 


THANK YOU Harper Voyager!



And finally I had bought more from Pages of the Night at Britney's sale, it was before the Memorial Day one, so it might have been the surprise sale!

I bought a new Legend Doll, currently I have a "Dante" Doll and then my Legend was the DOTM from a few years back where he was sitting down, so I wanted that was standing.

I also ordered another stand, when taking pictures a week or two ago, I thought I'd like to have two stands in the picture, so I snagged another one!



And that was it for me this week! What all did you add to your TBR piles?






No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are an award all on their own! So my blog is an award free one! Thanks for any consideration though!