Nov 7, 2010

Top 5 Sundays

Top 5 Sundays is a weekly blog meme created by Larissa at Larissa's Bookish Life.

Here's a little info about the meme taken from Larissa's blog:

Every Sunday I will post a TOP 5 list on the blog. It can be about anything and every week I'll have a new theme {You can vote on next week’s theme on my left sidebar!} and I will ad the Mr.Linky bellow the post so you can do a list with the theme and add you link to it.

Rules:
1 - Write a post listing your TOP 5 choices within the theme I chose (or was chosen on a poll) for the week.
2 - Mention this Blog on the post and link back to it.
3 - Fell free to use the Feature's image (there is a smaller size version of it bellow)
4 - After you've finished your post, add you link (of the post, not your blog's main page) to the Mr.Linky at the end of that week's post.
5 – If you don’t have a blog to post, just leave your list in the comments =)

This week's theme is: FAVORITE TV SHOWS THAT GOT CANCELED

Oh my, this will be hard to limit to just 5!! And since I have so many, these will be in no particular order! Most of these shows just ended with 1 season, but a lot of the time it ended with a cliffhanger so then I'm left wondering what the heck was going to happen! So frustrating!!

5.


The show didn't last long at all, but I was sorely addicted to it for some reason! It didn't even run for a full season! I can't really remember what was going on, other than there being a karate place where these teens learned. And the bad boy was super hot!

4.
Newly added to my list, I liked The Gates. I couldn't believe ABC canceled it after 1 season! Now I'll never know what they turned Charlie into! I hate shows that end on a cliffhanger!

3.
Grosse Pointe was another fave of mine that ended after 1 season with yet another cliffhanger! Arg! Why do they have to end shows on cliffhangers if there's a danger that they might not make it? Grr! I did end up buying the first and only season though just because I loved it! WB made fun of their other shows that they aired!

2.
Birds of Prey was yet another show that I loved from the WB that they canceled yet again after 1 season! And to end it with daddy Batman calling was just plain cruel!! So naturally I still own the first and only season of this as well!

1.









And here I have my Nickelodeon era! All the fantastic Nicktoons they used to have and canceled! I keep seeing this Nick Rewind thing, but can't figure out if it's going to be a station or not. I know some of these shows are on DVD but some of them I'd rather they just be on TV for me to watch.

Shows such as Rugrats, Rocko's Modern Life, Aahh! Real Monsters! Doug, The Angry Beavers, Hey Arnold!, CatDog, Kablam, Ren and Stimpy, Are You Afraid of the Dark?, and Salute Your Shorts. Just to name a few!

And some other honorable mentions; Young Americans, where I first saw Iam Somerhalder! Sigh...., this one show...I can't even remember its name! It was a paranormal show where these friends, college age maybe, find this weird ring and when they wear it they see ghosts and then they help the ghosts with their unfinished business so they can move on. 

Pretty much any paranormal show that I liked to watch got canceled. Other than Buffy that is and Roswell did last 3 seasons, but still it was like the supernatural couldn't make it. Like the one show where I really can't remember its name! Driving me crazy!!

EDIT: Yeah, an edit during my post, I stopped to do some research and am about 99% positive that the show was called Dead Last. It was from 2001-2002 sometime. 13 episodes were filmed but only 8 aired. Which sounds right. It was a supernatural type show filmed at the wrong time. Had they only waited another 10 years it might have done just fine!

4 comments:

  1. Did you ever watch "Wolf Lake"? Paul Wesly is in it... It is pretty corny/ chessy, but not the most terrible thing out there. It was out in 2000 maybe? It's all about werewolves and whatnot. And Paul may or may not show his naked bum in an episode... ;)

    Or did you ever watch "Veronica Mars"? If not, you are totally missing out!

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yeah! Wolf Lake. That was another good one! I sort of remember "Don't Be Afraid of the Dark."

    Good list.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah. I miss all the old Nick shows! I listed "Rocko's Modern Life" as one of mine, but I miss all of them!

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow cool list! Grosse Point was hilarious!! =)))

    ReplyDelete

Comments are an award all on their own! So my blog is an award free one! Thanks for any consideration though!