Mar 25, 2011

Friday Hops

This blogger hop was created by Jennifer at Crazy for Books.

Here are the rules:
1. Enter your book blog link in the Linky List below (be sure to include how long you've been blogging and what genres you review!). If you post about the Hop on your blog, please link directly to your Hop post (don't forget to answer this week's question - see below!).
2. Visit other blogs in the Linky List! Make new friends! Follow new book bloggers! Talk about books! Rave about authors! (Please do not leave your link and not visit other blogs - it's just not cool and not in the spirit of the Hop!)
3. Post about the Hop on your blog! Spread the word about the book party! The more the merrier!
4. In your blog post, answer the following question (new question each week!):

"If you could physically put yourself into a book or series…which one would it be and why?"

MY ANSWER: Easy enough, I would want to be in Jeaniene Frost's Night Huntress series! Being the main character, Cat if I could! Why you might ask? For Bones of course!

This is a weekly blog meme created by Parajunkee's View.

Here are the general rules to Follow Friday:
1. Follow the Follow My Book Blog Friday Host { Parajunkee.com } and any one else you want to follow on the list
2. Follow our Featured Bloggers - http://annettesbookspot.blogspot.com/
3. Put your Blog name & URL in the Linky thing.
4. Grab the button up there and place it in a post, this post is for people to find a place to say hi in your comments
5. Follow Follow Follow as many as you can
6. If someone comments and says they are following you, be a dear and follow back. Spread the Love...and the followers
7. If you want to show the link list, just follow the link below the entries and copy and paste it within your post!
8. If your new to the follow Friday hop, comment and let me know, so I can stop by and check out your blog!

This week's question is: Inspired by the inane twitter trend of #100factsaboutme, give us five BOOK RELATED silly facts about you.

MY ANSWER: 

1. I am a total bibliophile! I love books! You can never have too many books is what I think. I do stick to certain authors and read new ones as well and only buy the books I really really want, but yeah.

2. I am OCD like with my books. If I happen to be kind and lend a book out, I expect it to be returned in its pristine condition. I once loaned a book to just my mom and she bent the heck out of the spine! She has said it proves you really like it by wearing out the spine, I argued and said no it proves a disrespect for the book! Plus she had spun the cover all the way around the back!

3. I loooove Urban Fantasy! It is my genre! I love the strong heroines and sassy wit! And to the non-reader they might see all UF series as being the same or similar, while I can see tons of differences!

4. My favorite kind of book is a mass-market paperback because they can fit easily into my purse! So no matter where I am, I'll have something to do should the worse happen!

5. While I love Urban Fantasy the best, I sometimes find it hard to believe that that is everything I read. While I know the main differences between that and Paranormal Romance, I sometimes have a hard time telling if a certain book falls under one category or another. Since I tend to read series, I find it hard to believe that they are all UF for their lack of HEA ending at every book. But oh well!! Just a confession of mine!

17 comments:

  1. I am totally picky about the condition of my books, as well.. and I rarely lend them out. :) No dog-earring pages, no bending of the spine! :)
    I have a hard time telling the specific genres apart, too...

    And - from your comment on my blog - I love my 90s paranormal - used to get made fun of all the time :) I do still have my contemporary YA from that time too... I should do a post... hmmmm ;)
    Thanks for stopping by!!
    Mandy @ Reality Bites

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi,

    thnx for stopping by my blog!
    Hopping by to return tha favor ;)

    I totaly agree with you when you say you can never have to many book ;)

    have a wonderfull weekend!
    Kyanara

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great answers! I can't believe she returned it to you like that! I had a friend return a book with coffee stains all over... I was so upset! I let her keep the book and bought me a new one.

    Aimee @ Coffee Table Press

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't read the Night Huntress series, but I know that I need to! And I am with you - I am very OCD about my books!

    Thanks for stopping by Between the Covers! Hope you have a great weekend :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great choice! I mean, who wouldnt' want to be Cat? Bones, powers, action, friends, new challenges every day...she's got it all. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I would Love to be Cat! Bones is awesome!!! And I am OCD about my books too. They never seem to come back the way I lent them. That drives me crazy!!! :)

    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Apologies in advance for my answer this week as it will not immediately resonate with the book blogger population which happens to be 99.5% female.

    My choice is a book series geared towards guys which won’t enthrall the vast majority of my fellow book bloggers (who are almost entirely female) with the extensive discussion of powerful weapons and sexy milspec gear, beautiful women, eye-popping action sequences (with occasionally obscene violence), and the like.

    But there IS something in my answer that just about everyone of the female persuasion can benefit from my decidedly “books for guys” post. Hop on over to http://www.howardsherman.net to find out what it is.

    Happy Hop Friday!

    Howard Sherman
    http://www.howardsherman.net

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm picky about the condition of my books as well. I still love to loan them out though because I just love to share! Plus it gives us something to talk about. Everyone knows to be VERY careful with Candace's books but my one friend is NOT! I made a big deal about how important they are to me when I started loaning them to her but when I got back my Iron Fey series, which I hadn't even READ because I got them on netgalley, they were completely worn out! Like 50 people had read them and everyone had carried it around for a week. It made me very very sad. So I just loan her my mass market paperbacks mostly. Or tell her what to get from the library.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you for stopping by my blog. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for hopping by my site, new follower here!

    I am SO with you on bending and breaking the spine - I can't STAND when people do that to my books. It's the same with dog-ears, I get so annoyed when I see my dad do that to his books!

    Happy friday, looking forward to getting to know you,

    April @ My Shelf Confessions

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hopping through. MM PBs are great. It's nice to have a small book. Too bad most of the books I read are hardcovers from the library.
    My Hop

    ReplyDelete
  12. I would TOTALLY want to be a part of the Night Huntress series. To hear Bones call me Kitten.. *shivers* Good choice! Enjoy your weekend and thanks for visiting!

    ReplyDelete
  13. It would be great fun to be a night huntress.

    Here's my post for this hop. Hope you will stop by. I always follow back.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ohhh it would be great to live in the Night Huntress world! But I'm not sure I would be able to keep up with Bones LOL *blush*
    Urban Fantasy is my favorite genre too!<3 I can't read enough about snarky, kick butt heroines and I can't have enough delicious bad boys!*dreamy sigh* I guess the Paranormal Romance books are heavier on the romance part than the UF books? I don't know, it is hard to see the difference.
    Have an excellent weekend!:)
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  15. Who wouldn't want to be in the Night Huntress series! Mmm Bones. Thanks for stopping by my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thanks for stopping by my blog :)

    Already a follower!

    I need to read the Night huntress series!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are an award all on their own! So my blog is an award free one! Thanks for any consideration though!