Mar 23, 2011

Waiting on Wednesday

                              I hate waiting...
Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly blog post by Jill over at Breaking the Spine, that spotlights releases we're eagerly awaiting.

It seems like I'm always waiting for one of Kelley Armstrong's books! This week's no different!
Strange things are happening in Maya's tiny Vancouver Island town. First, her friend Serena, the captain of the swim team, drowns mysteriously in the middle of a calm lake. Then, one year later, mountain lions are spotted rather frequently around Maya's home—and her reactions to them are somewhat . . . unexpected. Her best friend, Daniel, has also been experiencing unexplainable premonitions about certain people and situations.

It doesn't help that the new bad boy in town, Rafe, has a dangerous secret, and he's interested in one special part of Maya's anatomy—her paw-print birthmark.

TITLE: The Gathering
AUTHOR: Kelley Armstrong
GENRE: YA Paranormal
RELEASE DATE: April 12, 2011

17 comments:

  1. Oooh I've just pre-ordered this one. I love Kelley Armstrong.
    Sally.
    http://theelifylop.blogspot.com/2011/03/waiting-on-wednesday-11.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm really excited about this book too!:) I haven't read Kelley's Women of the Otherworld series, but I did read Darkest Powers and I loved it! Great author!
    And this is coming out soon, yay!
    Nice pick!;)
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've pre-ordered this one for my Nook! Cannot wait to get it the minute it comes out!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't wait for this one!! I love Kelley Armstrong!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope when you get it, it will be everything you hope it to be. Check out what I am Waiting On Wednesday for.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, Oh!!! I can't wait to read this book! I love Darkest Powers trilogy!! Excellent pick!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm really excited for this book too!!! The cover is so freaking pretty!
    i'm a new follower (and new blogger!)
    please follow me back!
    http://magnet4books.blogspot.com
    Al

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good pick! I already have this on my wishlist and can't wait for its release too.
    Thanks for visiting my blog An Avid Reader's Musings.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This one sounds good. Great pick.

    ReplyDelete
  10. AAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH! I cannot wait for this book seriously. And Kelley, who actually only lives about half an hour or so from me, is totally doing a book signing next month, so I had better go to it!

    PS. Not going to lie, kinda sad that Derek and the gang aren't going to make an appearance til the later books.

    PSS. Also kinda sad that Kelley is going on hiatus with WoOW because I was hoping that maybe she would write Derek and them in it as adult characters... :/

    ReplyDelete
  11. This author is wonderful. Great WOW!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks for commenting on my blog!
    This book sounds awesome!! :)
    I'm an old follower too.
    -Veronica

    ReplyDelete
  13. One of my favorite authors! Great pick, I can't wait for this one either. :)

    Jess @ Gone with the Words

    ReplyDelete
  14. Good pick. I need to get to Kelly Armstrong's books someday.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I've seen this alot recently, great choice! I just got into Kelley Armstrong's YA series which I really like, so hopefully I'll check this one out too. Thanks for stopping by my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  16. This one looks so good! I think maybe it had me at lions...

    I love that it's so mysterious! I can't wait to read this one either. Good choice!

    Jennifer
    http://littleshelf.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  17. This sounds interesting... but I didn't like her WotOW series. I actually only made it to book 3. I will have to wait for your review to see if I give this a chance or not! Thanks for stopping by yesterday!

    Aimee @ Coffee Table Press

    ReplyDelete

Comments are an award all on their own! So my blog is an award free one! Thanks for any consideration though!