Apr 20, 2012

Friday Hops

This is a weekly blog meme hosted by Parajunkee's View and Alison Can Read.

Here are the general rules to Follow Friday:
1. Follow the Follow My Book Blog Friday Hosts and any one else you want to follow on the list
2. Follow our Featured Bloggers
3. Put your Blog name & URL in the Linky thing.
4. Grab the button up there and place it in a post, this post is for people to find a place to say hi in your comments
5. Follow Follow Follow as many as you can
6. If someone comments and says they are following you, be a dear and follow back. Spread the Love...and the followers
7. If you want to show the link list, just follow the link below the entries and copy and paste it within your post!
8. If your new to the follow Friday hop, comment and let me know, so I can stop by and check out your blog!


This week's question is: Fight! Fight! If you could have two fictional characters battle it out (preferably from books), who would they be and who do you think would win?


MY ANSWER: I didn't win the Vlad ARC either at RT! But I definitely think Bones would be one choice, the other....hmm, I think Anna Strong from Jeanne Stein's Anna series! Now as to who would win in vamp vs vamp? Tough call! It would be a looooong fight, Anna has skills where Bones has age and experience!


I think though Bones might win since he does have more experience! Go Bones!




TGIF is a weekly feature created and hosted by GReads! that re-caps the week’s posts and has different question each week.

This week's question is: Book Blogger Influences: Has there been a particular book blogger who's influenced what you read? Share with us a review/book blog that convinced you to pick up a certain book.

MY ANSWER: Ooh that's a tough one! When I go visiting blogs, mostly during hops or when I see something that catches my eye when scrolling through my reader, I'll visit that particular blog! But a specific blog?
Well, since I can't really recall a specific example, I'll go with this story instead. Awhile back, when Rachel Vincent had a discussion board known as The Pride--there's still one around, but it changed hosts and whatnot--a few of my buddies there told me I HAD to read the Vampire Academy series, at the time there was 3 books, with book 4 on the way.

I was skeptical, because I was tired of YA, I had just gotten into a groove of reading fab adult UF books and didn't want to go back to YA. Some of the last YA books I read, even with the little bits of paranormal elements that I could find, still had too much teen drama in it. I was glad to be out of high school and didn't want to return to that scene.

But my friends told me that VA didn't have that. That I HAD to read it! Funny that friends in states halfway across the border, and even one that's across the ocean were forcing me into this! But was I ever so glad I listened, because the Vampire Academy series soon became one of my top faves! It was the series that brought me back to YA and sure enough, more paranormal YAs were popping up. And the teens were hardly in school and dealing with the drama since they were usually fighting for their lives somehow!

So again, there's no specific blogger to name, just a few friends from a chat room that no longer exists in its original format!



25 comments:

  1. I have not read either of those series but judging by the covers they both look like they could put up a good fight. Thanks for stopping by. Happy reading!
    Old follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't read either series, so I can't really vote :( But I've heard good things about the Night Huntress books :)

    Thanks for stopping by!

    My Follow Friday

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haven't read the books, but i'm betting on Anna. Experience beats everything.

    New follower ^^
    Here's my Feature & Follow too, if you'd like to check it out ^^

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yessss, Bones would win alomst any fight hands down. good choice. Thanks for stopping by.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I picked Bones this week too! You'll have to drop by to see who I put him up against though :)

    Old follower

    ReplyDelete
  6. Bones is awesome, I think he would be great in any fight. :) ::Sigh:: Have a great Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  7. AAAh I have the becoming in my TBR pile, I really need to read this one it sounds awesome! It sounds like a really great choice!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have the Bones books but I haven't had time to read them yet. I hear they are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I haven't read them but they sound awesome.

    New Follower.

    check mine here

    ReplyDelete
  10. I haven't read the Anna Strong books, but I love Bones! I think he could take just about anyone!

    Old follower!

    My Follow

    ReplyDelete
  11. I really hope this isn't a second comment. Got an Error Message before. I love Bones, but haven't read the Anna series yet. Is there lots of romance or at least enough to make my fangirl heart explode? *grin*

    Patricia // My Hop

    ReplyDelete
  12. I haven't read either book but they both sound like great choices!!


    Happy reading and thanks for stopping by :D

    ReplyDelete
  13. Old follower just returning your visit. Thanks for stopping by and I love your choices for the literary cage match this week.

    The Scarf Princess

    ReplyDelete
  14. I have not read either book but from what you say it sounds like a good fight.

    Have a great weekend,
    Erika (from Let's talk about books)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I think it's possible Bones might have some fighting skills as well? And, I don't think he would have trouble with fighting a woman since he beat the crap out of Cat before he taught her. THanks for stopping by. Have a good weekend! Fangs, Wands and Fairy Dust
    email: steph@fangswandsandfairydust.com
    Twitter: @fangswandsfairy

    ReplyDelete
  16. Dang! I haven't read either of these books, but every time I hear the name 'Bones', I think of that TV show that drives me crazy because she's such a snarky biarch! Anyway, thanks for stopping by the blog as always. Old follower. Might have to get these books!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I haven't read either book, but they sound like good choices!

    Thanks for stopping by! :)

    Lisa @ Lost in Literature
    My FF

    Old follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thanks for stopping by my blog! Great answer!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I have been thinking about reading VA. I read all of Anne Rice's Vampire books. I loved them all!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I'm influence a lot by the books that other bloggers read. I don't think there is any particular blogger that I look at their recommendations more than others though!

    Thanks for stopping by my blog!

    DT from Dead Trees and Silver Screens.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Thanks for stopping by my blog the other day - sorry I've been so slow responding to the comment!

    I haven't read either of these series yet - though as a some-time fan of UF I really ought to! >.<

    ReplyDelete
  22. It'd be hard to predict who would win between two vampire females! I haven't read either of those books, so I'd trust you to call the winner:)

    Thanks for stopping by! (old follower)
    -Jenna @ Fans of Fiction

    ReplyDelete

Comments are an award all on their own! So my blog is an award free one! Thanks for any consideration though!