Apr 26, 2012

Friday Hops

This is a weekly blog meme hosted by Parajunkee's View and Alison Can Read.

Here are the general rules to Follow Friday:
1. Follow the Follow My Book Blog Friday Hosts and any one else you want to follow on the list
2. Follow our Featured Bloggers
3. Put your Blog name & URL in the Linky thing.
4. Grab the button up there and place it in a post, this post is for people to find a place to say hi in your comments
5. Follow Follow Follow as many as you can
6. If someone comments and says they are following you, be a dear and follow back. Spread the Love...and the followers
7. If you want to show the link list, just follow the link below the entries and copy and paste it within your post!
8. If your new to the follow Friday hop, comment and let me know, so I can stop by and check out your blog!
This week's question is: Have you had a character that disappointed you? One that you fell in love with and then "broke up" with later on in either the series or a stand-alone book? Tell us about him or her. 



MY ANSWER: OOh tough one! Hmm...trying to think of a character I started out liking but then got disappointed with. Harder than it sounds!

I think a character that I started out liking and wanted to keep liking, but couldn't was Cassie Palmer from the Cassandra Palmer series. I was really intrigued by the first cover and decided to dive into the series once it started. The first book was okay, but then as the series went on, I found myself bored. It might have been a number of things, but I was growing apart from Cassie and didn't necessarily hate her, I just couldn't connect with her anymore. 

So I had to discontinued myself from the series.




TGIF is a weekly feature created and hosted by GReads! that re-caps the week’s posts and has different question each week.


This week's question is: Reading Blues: We all get them from time to time. What helps you overcome those reading slumps when nothing seems to grab your attention?


MY ANSWER: Oh uh...I don't think I've had any of those! At least not lately and I cannot remember the last time I had them. With such an overwhelming TBR pile I always have plenty to read and if by crazy chance I'm not in the mood usually because I'm just exhausted, I'll watch TV or work on my novel.

But reading slumps? No, I don't really get those. I know what I like to read, so I pretty much always find a page turner for myself!




28 comments:

  1. Hey hopping through from FF. I have seen this series around but have not started it. I think I seen your ratings, and decided it was not something for me to rush into anyways.lol

    Have a great weekend.

    http://www.awesomesaucebookclub.com/2012/04/feature-and-follow-friday-1.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haven't read this series yet! Thanks for stopping by. My Follow

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't heard of Cassandra Palmer series. I doubt I will try it now. Sorry it didn't work out for you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for stopping by. Usually these hop questions make me think but, for some reason (and maybe it's because I was just looking at my DNF shelf) the answer to this one came to me pretty easily.

    Bob @ Beauty in Ruins

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think I might be the only one in this hop who doesn't read paranormal. I have no idea about most of these books. Thanks for the post, anyway.
    My FF Post

    And don't forget to enter to win a Kindle Fire. The LPP Kindle Fire giveaway ends Monday April 30th!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooh I never thought having a huge stack of books could help prevent reading slumps - but that's so true.

    Tanya
    Girlxoxo.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've never heard of the Cassandra Palmer series but I see why lol I sometimes get into reading slumps. Not for lack of books but sometimes my mood is just off. I'll go through the first few pages of a bunch of books but nothing will grab my attention.
    My FF

    ReplyDelete
  8. I hate it when a series starts disappointing. I wish they'd at least stink in the first book so that we don't get all excited and then have a big let down!

    And I agree...I don't have reading slumps either! WOO!

    Happy Weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I don't know that series, but I definitely know that feeling. :) thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Aww, that sucks that you couldn't connect anymore. :( And you're definitely lucky not to get reading slumps! Of course, we're probably all just jinxing you now, haha.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Haven't read that series, but it's awful when you just can't connect with a character anymore.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I don't know if it's the case for me, I still have book 3 and 4 to read on my TBR pile, we'll see. But for now it's OK.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Haven't read this.. you're so lucky for not getting reading slumps! I usually feel like this when i'm at school, i'm not in the mood for reading at all, it's stressing the heck out of me ^^'

    Ella
    Read Into Hiding

    ReplyDelete
  14. I haven't heard of the series but it sounds really good! I'm an old follower by GFC, here's my FF:

    http://a-reading-daydreamer.blogspot.co.uk/2012/04/feature-and-follow-friday-6.html

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love Karen Chance's Cassandra Palmer series. Mostly for Pritkin, although I don't mind Cassie too much.

    Long time follower!
    Here's mine:
    http://www.bookmarkyourthoughts.com/2012/04/follow-friday-april-27th-2012.html

    ReplyDelete
  16. Noooo! I really enjoyed this series. I found the first book kinda lame but then it picked up for me and I fell in love with Pritkin!Bummer, it always sucks when you fall out of love with a book. Thanks as always for stopping by my blog :P

    ReplyDelete
  17. I have this on my to-read list. After reading the Elemental Assassin series by Jennifer Estep I was looking for something similar / UF.
    Why oh why do these things happen? Getting bored with a series - what a BUMMER.
    Happy Friday!
    _yay_ (old follower)
    FollowFriday_Feature

    ReplyDelete
  18. I haven't heard of the Cassandra Palmer series lol, I may check it out to see if it's something I'd be interested in.

    Thanks for dropping by my blog! :) I'm trying to do better with replying to people lol.

    Hope you have a great weekend!

    <3
    Taylor

    ReplyDelete
  19. Great answers!! I agree - I don't really get in reading slumps either... it's more finding the time to read as much as I want to! :)

    Unfortunately, that series is new to me so I don't have much to add.

    Old follower :)

    Lisa @ Lost in Literature
    My FF

    ReplyDelete
  20. Great post!! I haven't read this book but the character sounds interesting..

    Happy reading and thanks for stopping by :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. {new follower here}

    Thank you for sharing. :)

    {http://www.justonemorechapter.net}

    ReplyDelete
  22. I haven't read or heard of the book before but it sounds interesting!

    Thank you for stopping by and happy Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  23. That's a good one me I loved her but the dance she kept play with Mircea was getting on my nerves especially since it was obvious she wanted him. So yeah good answer Jess, thanks for stopping by.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Hey!
    Great answer to a fun question this week!
    And thanks for stopping by my blog! I'm an old follower! :D

    J.B. :)
    http://jbkantt.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  25. Thanks for stopping by. No reading slumps for me - I have too many books on my tbr.

    ReplyDelete
  26. You're very lucky to not have reading slumps. I get them more often than I care to admit. lol!

    Sorry for my late reply! Thank you for hopping by for FF!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Hi! Thanks for stopping by my blog the other day.

    Cassie Palmer is a character that I never really liked to begin with. I don't know what it was in particular about the book (I've only read the first) that I really didn't like, but I just couldn't connect with the story or the characters. I've heard she's a lot like the early Anita Blake, but I haven't read those books so I wouldn't know.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are an award all on their own! So my blog is an award free one! Thanks for any consideration though!