Apr 18, 2012

Waiting on Wednesday

I hate waiting...
Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly blog post by Jill over at Breaking the Spine, that spotlights releases we're eagerly awaiting.



The Sisters of Justice

We are the Sisters of Justice. For millennia we have served the ancient Mother Goddess. Ashera, Inaras, Ishtar, are but a few of a thousand names they have called the ancient Earth Mother, the Mother of Men. Most of her servants see her as a nurturer, a giver of life. The Sisters of Justice see her darker image. Men will call her Kali—Kali the Destroyer.

She hides that darker face and we are abandoned—save when she needs us. We are the last she calls, when all of her earth witches’ gentle methods fail. We worship her. We despise her. We are her dark angels, her servants. Our blades are sharp and we strike upon her command.

Mother Evelyn
25 January, 1951


I read the first book last year and really enjoyed it! Can't wait to continue this awesome new series!!


AUTHOR: Lee Roland
PUBLISHER: Signet
GENRE: Urban Fantasy
RELEASE DATE: June 5, 2012



The epic conclusion to the amazing Sabina Kane urban fantasy series. Sabina Kane is on the hunt. Her prey: Cain, the father of the vampire race and the one who murdered her family and her friends. Unfortunately, Cain is hunting Sabina, too. The one man who holds the key to defeating Cain is, of course, Abel. A mage with secrets to spare and, hopefully, the power to match it. Unfortunately, for Sabina, he's in Rome and may not want to be found. Sabina sets out for Italy with her friends, Giguhl and Adam Lazarus, to track down the only man who can get her the revenge she hungers for. But will he help her or oppose her? And just who is Abel, really? Worst of all, when Sabina figures out the goddess Lilith has a plan for her-she realizes this trip is getting deadlier by the minute. As they say: when in Rome-SURVIVE.


This is just one of the many awesome series that is ending this year! I cannot wait to read it! Really hoping that things end well and with a BANG!

AUTHOR: Jaye Wells
PUBLISHER: Orbit
GENRE: Urban Fantasy
RELEASE DATE: June 1, 2012



22 comments:

  1. Ooh...good Urban Fantasies. Nice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't read a lot of adult urban fantasy lately, but should. These sound good.

    My WOW
    Safari Poet

    ReplyDelete
  3. You killed my father. Prepare to die. (I <3 Princess Bride! Good picture choice!)

    These books don't really look like my sort of thing but I hope you enjoy them!

    My WoW: http://www.pocketfulofbooks.com/2012/04/waiting-on-wednesday_18.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Both series sound great . . . nice picks!

    Here's my WOW

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think the other Lee Roland cover looked better, though maybe I'm making things up again? XD Dunno. Very good picks anyway. I love me some Urban Fantasy!

    Patricia // My WOW

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh, lots of urban fantasy! Looks good.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm LOVING urban fantasy right now and I have the first two books in the Sabina Kane series waiting for me to read. Great picks!

    Here's the link to my WOW...

    http://jrafterdark.wordpress.com/2012/04/18/wow-insignia-edition/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Blue-blooded vamp sounds like a great read. I love the cover of all these books. Great picks!

    Check out my WoW

    ReplyDelete
  9. They both sound awesome! Thanks for sharing, and enjoy!

    Here's MY WOW POST

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great picks. I really need to start the Sabrina Kane series

    My WoW [03]

    ReplyDelete
  11. I haven't read much urban fantasy this year. I am so behind with my paranormal romance series that I just haven't been able to catch up. These sound like books I would enjoy if I had the time. I have to clear out some me reading time.
    Thanks for visiting My WOW!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks for stopping by my WoW!! Thanks for sharing they both sound great and I love the covers. Hope you enjoy--I hate waiting too!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. both sound cool
    tnx 4 sharing

    ReplyDelete
  14. More series books that I need to read - and one is ending already! So behind!

    Our WoW is at Book Sake. –Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great choices this week..I haven't heard of either book but they both sound great :D


    Happy reading and thanks for stopping by :D

    ReplyDelete
  16. Enjoy! your choices.

    http://tributebooksreviews.blogspot.com/2012/04/waiting-on-wednesday.html

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great picks I love the cover art. link to check out my pick--http://sonythebooklover.com/2012/04/waiting-on-wednesday-53/

    ReplyDelete
  18. You always have such great looking picks!
    Happy Wednesday!
    Shari over at My Neurotic Book Affair

    ReplyDelete
  19. I have not heard of these titles before, but they sound like good choices :)

    Thanks for stopping by my blog!

    ~Vanya D. @ YA Story Teller

    ReplyDelete
  20. Ohhhh, these look like some interesting heroines! I hope you enjoy reading them when they come out!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I love some UF! These both sound great. Nice covers too.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Witches with weapons? Cool. Hope you get it soon.
    Brandi from Blkosiner’s Book Blog

    ReplyDelete

Comments are an award all on their own! So my blog is an award free one! Thanks for any consideration though!