Feb 3, 2015

Teaser & Top Ten Tuesdays

Here are the rules:
 
1. Grab your current read      
2. Open to a page
3. Pick out 2 lines that are SPOILER FREE
4. Name the title, author, etc

 

"Travel had been less than kind to Abraham. He had a sort of rugged handsomeness about him, dark wavy hair above a broad face with piercing hazel eyes, and a strong jaw covered in scruff. But now the skin was yellow between the bruises that covered it. The stitches that held him together, crossing his face, neck, torso, arms, and legs, had nearly disintegrated in just a few hours. Loose threads poked up out of his skin like sun-seeking maggots in rotted fruit." p. 3*

*Quote comes from an ARC, therefore it and its page number are not final.






TITLE: Infinity Bell
AUTHOR: Devon Monk

PUBLISHER: Roc
GENRE: Urban Fantasy
RELEASE DATE: March 3, 2015





Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created at The Broke and the Bookish. This feature was created because we are particularly fond of lists here at The Broke and the Bookish. We'd love to share our lists with other bookish folks and would LOVE to see your top ten lists!

Each week we will post a new Top Ten list  that one of our bloggers here at The Broke and the Bookish will answer. Everyone is welcome to join. All we ask is that you link back to The Broke and the Bookish on your own Top Ten Tuesday post AND add your name to the Linky widget so that everyone can check out other bloggers lists! If you don't have a blog, just post your answers as a comment. Have fun with it! It's a fun way to get to know your fellow bloggers.



This week's topic is: Top Ten Books I Can't Believe I Haven't/Want To Read From the Fantasy/Paranormal Genre


*in no particular order


 1. Stolen Songbird by Danielle L. Jensen--SO want to read this one! Heard fantastic things and even lately more so! I NEED to read this! But of course i just got a stack of review books that require my attention first!
2. The Queen of the Tearling by Erika Johansen--this one sounds incredible as well! I love a good fantasy read!
3. The Fairest of Them All by Carolyn Turgeon--heard about this one probably 2 years ago now and thought it sounded awesome! Such a combo of fairy tales and it begs for my attention!!


4. Between the Lines by Jodi Picoult & Samantha Van Leer--have had this since its release when I met Jodi and her daughter at my library. I've mixed reviews over the years, but I absolutely fascinated by the story! So I do really need to read it!
5. The Madness Underneath by Maureen Johnson--I can tell you exactly why I haven't read this one yet. And that's because I've read many reviews since its release that proclaim a terrible cliffhanger! So I've saved myself from one more devastation and a good thing too since the third book kept getting pushed back. But I can now read it! If only I could fit it in!
6. Night World Series by L.J. Smith--I've had ALL THREE compilations of this series since my beloved Borders closed their doors. I did read one of the books many, many years ago as a single edition. Still have it too...buried somewhere on my closet shelf of books.


7. Ashes to Ashes by Melissa C. Walker--this one sounded awesome! And I still haven't read it! It's a duology and the final installment releases this year finally! It's a ghost story and I always find those intriguing, because I think ghosts are hard to write as an MC at times!
8. Ruby Red by Kerstin Gier--have seen this trilogy around a lot! Hear mixed things on it, but I love the idea of time traveling, especially mixed with magic. I think this one mixes the two at least! Sounds awesome! I have all three, though the third is in ARC format which may have to be updated to hardcover because the hardcovers are SO LOVELY!
9. Switched by Amanda Hocking--I've had this TRILOGY on the TBR Mountain of Doom for a good long while now too! These were among the first books to help form the Mountain! And now there's a new spinoff trilogy out! So I'm wayyy behind!


10. No Ghouls Allowed by Victoria Laurie--though not an old book, in fact it just released this month! I can't believe I haven't read it yet because this is one of my favorite series and Victoria is one of my favorite paranormal mystery authors! Since I'm in a bind without a job, I would like to see if I could still devour it in a day! Might have to muck up the reading queue I had planned out in my head for this puppy!





33 comments:

  1. This guy sounds like he's in all kinds of trouble. And you're only three pages in. Hope things improve.

    ReplyDelete
  2. All new to me! Hope you get a chance to get to these soon!

    Here's my Top Ten.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want to know how he ended up in such a sorry state. Sounds good!

    My TT - http://fuonlyknew.com/2015/02/03/teaser-tuesdays-100-one-more-day-what-if-tommorrow-never-happens/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh love the teaser. Gonna have to keep an eye out for that one.xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gross teaser. LOL The book sounds like one I would enjoy.
    sherry @ fundinmental My TT

    ReplyDelete
  6. i have stolen songbird and have yet to read it. I loved A madness underneath. I have the third book coming up this month hopefully.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I need to read Ruby Red too! I see it around all the time and the whole series does look amazing! Great list :)

    Here are my Top Ten!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I need to read a lot of these as well. The Fairest of them All reminds me a little bit of Bitter Greens which I loved. I really need to read one of Carolyn Turgeon's retellings. Her one about The Little Mermaid sounds really good. I also really need to read Ruby Red. I own the first two books but I haven't read them yet! Great list.
    Cassi @ My Thoughts Literally

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great teaser! It sounds right up my ally!! Enjoy, Jessica!

    Thanks for stopping by my TT @ Addicted Readers! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is s genre I don't read a ton of, but not sure why. When I read from these genres I usually enjoy them. They are just not my first choices.

    Thanks for visiting The Book Connection.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Nice teaser! Not my normal kind of read, but I hope you enjoy. :)
    Old follower

    ReplyDelete
  12. Infinity Bell sounds interesting. Now I want to know more - definitely want this one. Great books. :)

    My Teaser this week

    ReplyDelete
  13. Queen of the Tearling could have easily been on my list, but there are other books I've had far longer that I haven't read yet. I do own it. I really need to read Ruby Red and Amanda Hocking's Trylle trilogy. I own all of those, too. A wicked cliffhanger is a perfectly acceptable reason to put off reading a book until it's closer to the release of the next one. I've done that before. You just have to remember to read it! This week made me realize that I but a lot of books, probably too many. I often lose track of what I actually own. I can't believe I missed some amazing books, but there's no way I can read everything! I sure will try though!

    Michelle @ Michelle's Minions

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lots of good ones on your list that I need to add to my TBR pile!! I think I might have NIGHT WORLD somewhere on my shelf, I completely forgot about it. Think it was around the time that vampires blew up and I just had enough of them LOL Think I'm over that now haha and RIP Borders :( I miss it so much.

    -Lety @ Gone With The Words

    ReplyDelete
  15. I've heard so many amazing things about 'Stolen Songbird' and I really want to read it!!! And all of those swords are absolutely gorgeous! I like the teaser from 'Infinity Bell' although I'm not quite sure this is one for me! thanks for stopping by :) hope you have a great weekend!
    Juli @ Universe in Words

    ReplyDelete
  16. The Stolen Songbird!! I totally want to start that series before the 2nd one comes out in June! Also Ruby red, cuz I've seen the movie and loved it so so much and there's time travel, you cannot go wrong with that ;)
    The book by Maureen Johnson intrigues me. I haven't read anything by her but I do know of her thanks to Cassandra Clare and that woman is hilarious, so I wanna see how her books are!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I need to read Ruby Red and The Stolen Songbird too! And I completely forgot about Switched! I think I have it on my Kindle App... definitely need to look at my ebooks more often (oops!) Great list, Jessica!

    My TTT

    ReplyDelete
  18. That is really a disgusting image in your teaser. I hope you enjoy the book. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I really need to read the Stolen Songbird as well. It looks awesome. The Fairest of Them All does as well and it's one that I hadn't heard of before! I'll have to add it to my wishlist.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Nice list! Stolen Songbird was such a pleasant surprise, and I'm really looking forward to the sequel. As for Switched & the Trylle trilogy, overall, I really enjoyed the series, but to be honest, mostly it was because I adored Loki lol I rarely crush on boys in books, but he was totally crush-worthy. Haven't tried the spin-ff though...

    ReplyDelete
  21. I've been meaning to read Stolen Songbird as well. Great list!

    - Kritika @ Snowflakes & Spider Silk

    ReplyDelete
  22. I can't believe that I haven't read this Devon Monk series yet... I loved her Allie series, just haven't read on! Great tease!

    Naomi @ Nomi’s Paranormal Palace

    ReplyDelete
  23. I need to read The Madness Underneath as well. I know I read book 1 and loved it. I hear ya about it being a cliff hanger, though. All the more reason to wait. :D Thanks for stopping by my blog, Jessica! :D

    ReplyDelete
  24. Ick! This doesn't sound like my kind of book!
    My Tuesday post features SIX STRINGS.

    ReplyDelete
  25. I recently read No Ghouls Allowed, and it was creepy and fun!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Jessica, that teaser is a little disgusting, but also very intriguing!
    I haven't read any of the books on your top ten list either.. maybe one day?
    Have a wonderful Wednesday.

    Lexxie @ (un)Conventional Bookviews

    ReplyDelete
  27. Yuck, I don't like the look of Abraham!
    Here's a link to my teaser:

    http://welcome-to-zeds-thoughts.blogspot.co.uk/2015/02/teaser-tuesday-3rd-feb-2015.html

    ReplyDelete
  28. I've been meaning to read a book by Amanda Hocking too... I've also had one of her novels in my tbr pile for a few years too!! Nice list of books. :-) Happy reading!!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Switched was not for me at all. But I did enjoy Between the Lines. I loved the whole co-author relationship.

    ReplyDelete
  30. Ohh I forgot about The Queen of the Tearling! That is another one I really want to read soon. That book is just all around stunning!

    Teresa @ Readers Live A Thousand Lives

    ReplyDelete
  31. I need to read Stolen Songbird and Queen of the Tearling! I'm seeing those two on a lot of people's lists. I own both of them. Still haven't gotten to them. Epic fail...

    ReplyDelete

Comments are an award all on their own! So my blog is an award free one! Thanks for any consideration though!