Feb 14, 2015

Top 5 Sundays

Top 5 Sundays is a weekly blog meme created by Larissa at Larissa and Friends' Bookish Life.

Every Sunday I will post a TOP 5 list on the blog. It can be about anything and every week I'll have a new theme {You can vote on next week’s theme on my left sidebar!} and I will ad the Mr.Linky bellow the post so you can do a list with the theme and add you link to it.

Rules:
1 - Write a post listing your TOP 5 choices within the theme I chose (or was chosen on a poll) for the week.
2 - Mention this Blog on the post and link back to it.
3 - Feel free to use the Feature's image (there is a smaller size version of it bellow)
4 - After you've finished your post, add you link (of the post, not your blog's main page) to the Mr.Linky at the end of that week's post.
5 – If you don’t have a blog to post, just leave your list in the comments =)




This week's topic is: Disappointing TV Series Finales


*in no particular order
**Since it was a tie last time I checked, I decided to go with this one since I really can't think of many TV series finales that I enjoyed! Guess because so many were canceled before they got started!



ANGEL

I came wayyy late into the Angel TV show game, but OMG...when I was binge watching the show last year during my weekly workout routine, I seriously thought there was something wrong with my DVD at first because I could NOT believe that was how the show ended! I mean seriously?! So, so, SO upsetting!


BUFFY THE VAMPIRE SLAYER

Now Angel's series finale takes the cake, but Buffy's was a tad upsetting too! I mean if I didn't already know that Spike was okay when I finally saw season 7--there was tons of airing issues during season 6, so I never saw the end of that, let alone season 7 until I caught the reruns on FX--I was just baffled. I mean after all that time in Sunnydale, this is how it ends?!


ROSWELL

I only call this disappointing because it ended TOO SOON! I mean seriously! Where were all my paranormal peeps during this time?! When the show first started, that was when I was getting my paranormal game on! Granted I had Buffy and Angel, but still...there wasn't a lot of love going on. But come on...MAX!! I did read a short book series that picks up where the show left off, but that was only 4 books long...not nearly long enough!


VERONICA MARS

Another show I was WAY LATE into the game! But I totally binged watched this series at the end of last year! And when I watched the final episode of season 3, I was like...that's it?! THANK GOD for that movie though! I really thought the movie brought some saving grace to all the questions I had! And I am LOVING the book series that picks up where it left off! I still need to read the recent release, but loved the first one. I love knowing that the characters aren't totally gone just yet!



MOONLIGHT

This series finale was disappointing more so because the show was CANCELLED! Why America, why?! This show was freaking awesome! A vampire detective. Vampires living among us? But they're trying to remain secret for the most part. Sure some peeps know about them, but I was TOTALLY TOTALLY addicted to this show! This is where I first met Jason Dohring and fell in love with him as Josef. The ending, while almost satisfying for a 1 season dealio, did leave us with one nagging cliffhanger. I mean seriously?! Don't do this to us die hard fans if there's an inkling of the show not resurfacing for another season! I'm still immortally crushed every time I rewatch it. It's a sick addiction to want to watch the incredible show over and over, knowing that it's over once you reach the last episode. Sob!



A somewhat honorable mention: LOST--I stopped watching this show at season 5. The show that just kept getting more confusing as it went along. I always said thank god it's not doing time travel because then things will really get f-ing confusing...season 5 had FREAKING time travel!! Totally lost me and confused me so completely I couldn't even watch the first episode! Then I heard how the series finally ended and I was like what the f---? I clearly remember reading an article during the heyday of the show and said that it would never go to that kind of ending, because what a cop out. And from what I heard, if the source was reliable, it was a cop out ending.

I needed to borrow those last 2 seasons from my cuz and just watch them. But I'm still binging another old show during my morning workout, then I move onto my Christmas DVD hauls!





4 comments:

  1. I've never heard of Moonlight before! I might have to check that out. I LOVED Roswell when it was on. I used to watch both that and Buffy on WB when I was in high school. I lost interest in Buffy during season 6. I kind of wish they had ended it at Season 5 because I loved the ending of that one and thought was heartbreakingly perfect. Firefly would've made it onto my list, even though I don't think it would count because it didn't have an actual ending. Just canceled. :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't seen ANY of these shows. LoL That disappointing that Buffy and Angel didn't end well. :/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am in total agreement on Buffy, I'm am still scarred by that ending :(

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are an award all on their own! So my blog is an award free one! Thanks for any consideration though!