Feb 19, 2015

Random Thursday

So moving right along with the Disney factoids, this week's movie is Pocahontas! I remember LOVING this movie as a kid! Granted, my mother later--when I was older and after she took a course on Native Americans--pointed out the gross inaccuracies of the movie. Which I did later learn of. I mean I remember learning a little bit about Pocahontas in school. So it wasn't totally tragic. But still...Meeko was SO COOL!

  • Pocahontas is the only Disney Princess with a tattoo.
  • Before Meeko, Pocahontas was supposed to have a talking turkey named Redfeather as a sidekick. He was to be voiced by John Candy, but the character was dropped when writers decided they wanted the animals in this film to be mute.
  • Christian Bale voiced the character of Thomas in Pocahontas--which I SO didn't know until reading this article!!








3 comments:

  1. This is my least favorite Disney movie- it could be due to my love of history. (I am a history teacher, and I have to keep correcting the historical misconceptions of the movie in the classroom.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG! I'm SO glad there was no talking turkey in this movie! What were they thinking?! I have to say, even knowing how inaccurate this movie is, it's still one of my favorites. I finally got around to watching Pocahontas 2 recently and... no. Disney sequels are so hit or miss! And on the topic of Christian Bale, I laughed heartily when I made that discovery! Happy Thursday!

    Tracy @ Cornerfolds

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yup, I'm a John Candy fan but I don't think I would have liked that. And Christian Bale was Thomas? That's awesome!!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are an award all on their own! So my blog is an award free one! Thanks for any consideration though!