Feb 2, 2015

Review--The Witch with No Name by Kim Harrison

At long last... The final book in the New York Times bestselling Hollows series by Kim Harrison!

Rachel Morgan's come a long way from the clutzy runner of Dead Witch Walking. She's faced vampires and werewolves, banshees, witches, and soul-eating demons. She's crossed worlds, channeled gods, and accepted her place as a day-walking demon. She's lost friends and lovers and family, and an old enemy has become something much more.

But power demands responsibility, and world-changers must always pay a price. That time is now.

To save Ivy's soul and the rest of the living vampires, to keep the demonic ever after and our own world from destruction, Rachel Morgan will risk everything.


Kim Harrison is one of my favorite authors ever! She was one of the very first adult reads I decided to start when I grew tired of YA--note this was long before Paranormal YA even began! I fell in love with her Hollow series from the getgo--of course I did accidentally start the second book before realizing I missed an entire book before it! Took me 100 pages before I realized there was something odd about the whole situation! LOL! Needless to say, this series was a milestone for me! And seeing it come to its final end is both sad and yet, endearing! All good things must come to an end and The Witch with No Name is the Hollows' end!

Rachel Morgan has gone through a LOT these past three years (though it was 10 for us!) and finally, things are about to come to their heartbreaking end! Rachel will do anything to save Ivy's soul. Ivy is her best friend and the one thing she fears most is losing her soul when she dies and becomes a full-fledged vampire. Many vampires fear this even, though it was Cormel who pushed Rachel too far. By threatening Ivy, Rachel will be forced to find a way for vampires to keep their souls without killing themselves thereafter, though it will be one of the most challenging tasks she's faced yet.

Luckily, she has Trent at her side! These two have grown closer over the past few months and I have to say that I LOVED their romance! Never in my wildest imaginings did I think these two would wind up together when I read Dead Witch Walking! I also have to say that I was still pretty crushed with how things turned out with Nick! His character was an unpleasant surprise! And don't even get me started on Kisten, because then the tears will just never stop! And of course there were other boyfriends Rachel had over the course of the series, though I think it rather fitting that she and Trent found one another and realized the depth of their relationship!

Landon is also back on the scene and he just remains to be one dastardly bas...err, dude! He continues to be a thorn in Rachel's side no matter what. And his conniving personality drives me batty! I say give Al five minutes alone with him and solve all our worldly problems! But alas, that has yet to happen!

This was the read to end all reads...in this series, naturally! It was a most exciting and spine-tingling read as there's danger nearly at every turn! Rachel will go to the ends of the earth it seems if it means saving the ones she loves! And that is definitely a true hero!

Jenks will always be a favorite character of mine! I love his snarky attitude and his undying friendship to Rachel and Ivy! He's a great little pixie and he had me laughing out loud way early into the story and continued to throughout! All of his swear words will forever be in my head and I don't think I know anyone in real life--sadly--who would "get it" if I were to utter such a curse! Though I did get my bestie the first in the series, so I will have to check up on her in a little bit to see if she's read that one and/or progressed to more...because I did also get her the 12th book in the series too!

The Witch with No Name ended on a spectacular note! I couldn't have imagined a better ending! It was one that just filled me with such joy! This is how I expected to see the characters after all their battles these past 13 reads, this is the kind of ending they deserved and I am unbelievably happy to have made this journey with them! Thank you, Kim Harrison, for such an incredibly marvelous story!


Overall Rating 5/5 stars






No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are an award all on their own! So my blog is an award free one! Thanks for any consideration though!