Feb 10, 2015

Teaser & Top Ten Tuesdays

http://shouldbereading.wordpress.com/
Here are the rules:
 
1. Grab your current read      
2. Open to a page
3. Pick out 2 lines that are SPOILER FREE
4. Name the title, author, etc


Okay, so I caught a cold over the weekend, fun times, and despite needed rest yesterday, I managed to read a few pages, because, even sick I can't not read! But alas, I didn't read as much as I would've wanted to! So my reading pace may not be up to par this week, not sure how much I will get done in my posted schedule from Monday either!


"'Marco is vying for elder?' she asked.

'No,' the gargoyle answered, stopping at the entrance to glance back at her. 'The Dog called Luc.'" p. 33*


*Quote comes from ARC, therefore it and its page number are not final.






 



TITLE: The Wondrous and the Wicked
AUTHOR: Page Morgan
PUBLISHER: Delacorte Press
GENRE:
Paranormal YA

RELEASE DATE: April 14, 2015




Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created at The Broke and the Bookish. This feature was created because we are particularly fond of lists here at The Broke and the Bookish. We'd love to share our lists with other bookish folks and would LOVE to see your top ten lists!

Each week we will post a new Top Ten list  that one of our bloggers here at The Broke and the Bookish will answer. Everyone is welcome to join. All we ask is that you link back to The Broke and the Bookish on your own Top Ten Tuesday post AND add your name to the Linky widget so that everyone can check out other bloggers lists! If you don't have a blog, just post your answers as a comment. Have fun with it! It's a fun way to get to know your fellow bloggers.



This week's topic is: Top Ten Things I Like/Dislike When It Comes To Romances In Books



*in no particular order


DISLIKES:

1. THE LOVE TRIANGLE--yeah, don't like this. It can be done well, I will say that. But I get tired of triangles, squares, rectangles, octagons...whatever freaking shape! I'm of the mind that you would only truly love one person. NO DECISION to be made, dumbass.
2. STUPID LOVE--yeah, pretty much how I ended that last comment! I hate when people act all stupid in love. Like they are seriously TSTL because they're in love. Or even just loving someone who is clearly not meant to be the love interest.
3. LOVEY DOVEY--you know what I mean. When the characters act all "I love you more." "No I love you more." Where they're SO focused on the romance between them they're oblivious to everything else.
4. TOO MUCH--when there's just too much romance in the story and not enough moving forward with something other than the romance.



LIKES:

5. THE BAD BOY--there are many different types of bad boys, but I like the ones who have that hidden soft side. Granted, it usually only shows for that particular girl, but it's easy to imagine Aubrey's Jessica being me! lol!
6. THE PSEUDO BAD BOY--aka the ass who has a sweet side! I think that aptly describes Daemon! He was an ass in the first book, but by the next one he was already beginning to be very nice. He does many incredibly sweet things for Katy that made me melt. Where oh where was Daemon when I was in high school?
7. THE SWEET GUY--and yes, I think that describes Guy very well indeed! He's sweet and caring. Now that later becomes a tiny issue because he's so sweet and so caring, but at heart Guy's a great guy!



I guess that's all I can think of. There are other things I suppose, just don't know what I would call them. Plus a lot of these items depends on the writer as well and how they execute them. I hate love triangles, but sometimes they are done well. I still think they're incredibly stupid with one person LOVING two people and just CANNOT decide who to be with. But I don't want to get into yet another love triangle rant! :)





25 comments:

  1. I agree with too much romance...it is boring and annoying after a while. Great list!

    http://mybookliferead.blogspot.com/2015/02/top-ten-things-i-likedislike-when-it.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great list. As you know, love triangles was on my list too. They are overdone. I am ready to move beyond them.

    Thanks for visiting The Book Connection: http://thebookconnectionccm.blogspot.com/2015/02/top-ten-tuesday-top-ten-things-i.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. A talking gargoyle? :-) I think most of us have an issue with love triangles. There needs to be great writing and a great story to get past them.
    sherry @ fundinmental My TT

    ReplyDelete
  4. Snort! That's a good teaser and now I must know more. I'm kind of over the love triangles. Most of the time, when I discover them, I avoid the book. Unless I'm familiar with the author.
    My TT - http://fuonlyknew.com/2015/02/10/teaser-tuesdays-101-night-carnival/

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOL! I agree with you about Daemon! I HATED his guts in the first book, but by book three, I'd completely melted! And, I really dislike when the romance overshadows the book. Grrr! Great list, Jessica!

    My TTT

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great list! I had to cheat this week because everything I like or dislike can go either way. If something is done right, it can work. But if something is done wrong...I'm done. I normally don't like when a guy is a jerk, but even that works in wonderful ways (Jace from The Mortal Instruments, but he wasn't really a jerk). I know love triangles are at the top of everyone's lists, but I'm still up for a good one. Thanks for stopping by Michelle's Minions!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great teaser, Jessica! I've heard amazing things about this series. I think it's high time I give it a shot! :)

    Thanks for stopping by my TT @ Addicted Readers! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. YES to the list! I abhor too much drama and angst that's for sure.

    P.S. New follower! I see you on blogs I follow & I also comment back because I'm comment thirsty like everyone else!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great list!!! I can relate to a lot of these. I have had Obsidian on my TBR pile for a while and even have the ebook. I kept reading how the Daemon wasn't very likable so it's kinda made me not want to read it. But you mention it gets better and he turns out not be such an a-hole, so I may have to finally hunker down and read it!! lol :D

    -Lety @ Gone With The Words

    ReplyDelete
  10. Interesting teaser.

    My teaser this week is from a mid-grade/young adult historical fiction set in Biblical times: http://pdworkman.com/excerpt-from-lamp-of-darkness/

    ReplyDelete
  11. No, wait a second, YOU HAVE THE ARC OF THE WONDROUS AND THE WICKED?!??! WHAT THE WHAT?!??!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!??!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!?!?!??!
    *major freak out*

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love romance in books but I completely agree with you on the lovey dovey stuff. It's way to over the top and drives me nuts. (I also know a real life couple like this and it makes me want to scream, takes them 10 minutes to say goodbye because it's all "I love you more" "No, I love you more." Enough already!)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Interesting tease. I haven't come across this book before. Hope you continue to enjoy it and feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Nice teaser- I hate hate hate love triangles. I also hate when one of them does something stupid.

    My Teaser

    ReplyDelete
  15. I haven't heard of The Wondrous and the Wicked before... nice tease!

    Naomi @ Nomi’s Paranormal Palace

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great post!:) I like the name of the teaser book- Wondrous and Wicked are such strong words;)
    I LOVE all those kind of boys (ahhh the Pseudo Bad Boy (aka Daemon<3))! Basically a golden heart no matter how well its covered up! Ugh love triangles are too popular in fiction nowadays!-.- And playing stupid is never a good idea for either person in the romance:(
    Here's my TT: http://anotheronceuponatime.blogspot.sg/2015/02/top-ten-tuesday-romance.html

    ReplyDelete
  17. I like the tease - it has me really curious. Plus I love that there's a gargoyle! :) And I liked your list of likes/dislikes about romance. I hope you're feeling better and have had some more time to read. :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hahaha I love that teaser! And the idea of walking and talking gargoyles is also very interesting. I can totally see myself reading this! Also, I agree with all of your dislikes, they're the worst! Thanks for dropping by yesterday :) I hope you have a great week!
    Juli @ Universe in Words

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love this list!!!! I changed mine up a bit check it out :) http://bookbabble.weebly.com/blog/top-ten-tuesday2

    ReplyDelete
  20. Great list. Love Triangles are on my dislike list. I didn't even think of THE PSEUDO BAD BOY one of my favorites. I love you teaser I need to check this series out Gargoyles to cool. Thanks so much for sharing this week. Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  21. love bad guys and pseudo bad guys!! Great list! (:

    Tina @ Pages of Comfort

    ReplyDelete
  22. I like your list for this week!! Thanks for stopping by and leaving me a comment.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Lovey dovey is hilarious! Love the pic of Sheldon though! Agree with #4:) Awesome post:D

    ReplyDelete
  24. I love a well done bad boy! They are so much fun!

    Teresa @ Readers Live A Thousand Lives

    ReplyDelete
  25. GASP! You're reading about gargoyles Jessica??? How exciting! :)

    ReplyDelete

Comments are an award all on their own! So my blog is an award free one! Thanks for any consideration though!