1. Grab your current read
2. Open to a page
3. Pick out 2 lines that are SPOILER FREE
4. Name the title, author, etc
Okay, so I caught a cold over the weekend, fun times, and despite needed rest yesterday, I managed to read a few pages, because, even sick I can't not read! But alas, I didn't read as much as I would've wanted to! So my reading pace may not be up to par this week, not sure how much I will get done in my posted schedule from Monday either!
"'Marco is vying for elder?' she asked.
'No,' the gargoyle answered, stopping at the entrance to glance back at her. 'The Dog called Luc.'" p. 33*
*Quote comes from ARC, therefore it and its page number are not final.
TITLE: The Wondrous and the Wicked
AUTHOR: Page Morgan
PUBLISHER: Delacorte Press
GENRE: Paranormal YA
RELEASE DATE: April 14, 2015
Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created at The Broke and the Bookish. This feature was created because we are particularly fond of lists here at The Broke and the Bookish. We'd love to share our lists with other bookish folks and would LOVE to see your top ten lists!
Each week we will post a new Top Ten list that one of our bloggers here at The Broke and the Bookish will answer. Everyone is welcome to join. All we ask is that you link back to The Broke and the Bookish on your own Top Ten Tuesday post AND add your name to the Linky widget so that everyone can check out other bloggers lists! If you don't have a blog, just post your answers as a comment. Have fun with it! It's a fun way to get to know your fellow bloggers.
This week's topic is: Top Ten Things I Like/Dislike When It Comes To Romances In Books
*in no particular order
1. THE LOVE TRIANGLE--yeah, don't like this. It can be done well, I will say that. But I get tired of triangles, squares, rectangles, octagons...whatever freaking shape! I'm of the mind that you would only truly love one person. NO DECISION to be made, dumbass.
2. STUPID LOVE--yeah, pretty much how I ended that last comment! I hate when people act all stupid in love. Like they are seriously TSTL because they're in love. Or even just loving someone who is clearly not meant to be the love interest.
3. LOVEY DOVEY--you know what I mean. When the characters act all "I love you more." "No I love you more." Where they're SO focused on the romance between them they're oblivious to everything else.
4. TOO MUCH--when there's just too much romance in the story and not enough moving forward with something other than the romance.
5. THE BAD BOY--there are many different types of bad boys, but I like the ones who have that hidden soft side. Granted, it usually only shows for that particular girl, but it's easy to imagine Aubrey's Jessica being me! lol!
6. THE PSEUDO BAD BOY--aka the ass who has a sweet side! I think that aptly describes Daemon! He was an ass in the first book, but by the next one he was already beginning to be very nice. He does many incredibly sweet things for Katy that made me melt. Where oh where was Daemon when I was in high school?
7. THE SWEET GUY--and yes, I think that describes Guy very well indeed! He's sweet and caring. Now that later becomes a tiny issue because he's so sweet and so caring, but at heart Guy's a great guy!
I guess that's all I can think of. There are other things I suppose, just don't know what I would call them. Plus a lot of these items depends on the writer as well and how they execute them. I hate love triangles, but sometimes they are done well. I still think they're incredibly stupid with one person LOVING two people and just CANNOT decide who to be with. But I don't want to get into yet another love triangle rant! :)