Oct 10, 2017

Teaser & Top Ten Tuesdays

Teaser Tuesday is a weekly feature hosted by Purple Princess of The Purple Booker.


Here are the rules:

1. Grab your current read
2. Open to a page

3. Pick out 2 lines that are SPOILER FREE
4. Name the title, author, etc.



"He held a hand to his heart. 'You wound me. Wouldn't your father be angry if I let you freeze to death? Body heat is scientifically the best way to stay warm. In fact, there are studies that suggest removing your clothes entirely and pressing skin to skin is the surest means of avoiding hypothermia. Should you fall prey to that, I'll use every weapon necessary to save you. It's what any decent young gentleman would do. Seems terribly valiant, if you ask me.'" p 42








TITLE: Hunting Prince Dracula
AUTHOR: Kerri Maniscalco
PUBLISHER: Little, Brown and Company
GENRE: Paranormal Historical Fiction YA
RELEASE DATE: September 19, 2017



Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created at The Broke and the Bookish. This feature was created because we are particularly fond of lists here at The Broke and the Bookish. We'd love to share our lists with other bookish folks and would LOVE to see your top ten lists!

Each week we will post a new Top Ten list  that one of our bloggers here at The Broke and the Bookish will answer. Everyone is welcome to join. All we ask is that you link back to The Broke and the Bookish on your own Top Ten Tuesday post AND add your name to the Linky widget so that everyone can check out other bloggers lists! If you don't have a blog, just post your answers as a comment. Have fun with it! It's a fun way to get to know your fellow bloggers.



This week's topic is: Ten Books With Fall/Autumn Covers/Themes


*in no particular order


10. PHOENIX by Elizabeth Richards--this one has Fall colors written all over it! It was naturally my first pick!
9. THE DEAD HOUSE by Dawn Kurtagich--this too has some orangey glow going on with it. Plus spooky trees, a spooky house, and a spooky girl! Spooky = Halloween = Fall! That's my math!
8. REVENGE AND THE WILD by Michelle Modesto--still need to read this one! But it's got trees going on in the lover half and a orange glow as well, that may or may not be fire and no I'm not talking about the actual fire part! Lol! So yeah, orange glow makes me think Fall apparently!


7. THE MEDIATOR: REUNION by Jenny Carroll aka Meg Cabot--going with the original cover for this one! It's read and has a flash of red-orangeish light that are car headlights/tail lights. It gives me more Fall vibes based on the coloring!
6. CROOKED KINGDOM by Leigh Bardugo--that gold coppery color also makes me think Fall. More to do with sunsets or even the golden leaf color!
5. OMENS by KELLEY ARMSTRONG--this picturesque scene just screams Fall! Full moon, leafless tree, a dusky color scene going on! Definitely Fall to me! 


4. SHADOWDANCE by Kristen Callihan--another sunset-y orangeish cover! Apparently all orange covers remind me of Fall! LOL!
3. HARRY POTTER AND THE DEATHLY HOLLOWS by J.K. Rowling--naturally I need a HP cover in the mix!
2. FIREBORN by Keri Arthur--the fire colors scream Fall once more!


1. DIARY OF A HAUNTING by M. Verano--this cover kind of creeps me out! It's freaking scary! Scary I equate to Halloween and Halloween is in Fall, thus a Fall cover! Lol!




 


19 comments:

  1. I would say red and orange signify fall for me, so all the orange covers are great choices if you ask me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Phoenix is magnificently fall. A bonfire, I think!

    https://readerbuzz.blogspot.com/2017/10/books-with-fall-covers.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the cover for Revenge And The Wild so so much!! THE COLOURS ARE GORGEOUS. Also omg that snippet has me cracking up...I need to start that Jack the Ripper series soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fun teaser. he sure is trying to validate his suggestion. LOL And great fall covers.
    My TT from A Witchy Boxed Set

    ReplyDelete
  5. The cover of Dairy of a Haunting is in everyway a creep fest!

    Ashley @ Caught Reading Redheaded

    ReplyDelete
  6. The Dead House looks so good! And of course you have to have HP in there, HP is universal. :D

    Here is our Top Ten Tuesday. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm so excited to read Hunting Prince Dracula! :)

    Lauren @ Always Me

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your pick and I did my whole past as a Fall=Halloween=Scary topic. I need to get the newest book in the Diary of a Haunting series.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Crooked Kingdom almost made my list, but I switched it out at the last minute. It does have that golden-leaf feel to it, though. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Holy moly, Revenge and the Wild looks STUNNING. I love this weeks theme because I keep seeing so many beautiful covers that I had yet to see and that is one of them. And yessss, Deathly Hallows! That was the first book I thought of--it's kind of my quintessential autumn themed cover.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the covers you chose! I almost included an HP title, but then decided not to at the last minute.

    I als am fascinated by your teaser. I've been eyeing the title, but wasn't sure about it. I'll check out your review this weekend. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the Crooked Kingdom cover!
    My TTT: https://jjbookblog.wordpress.com/2017/10/10/top-ten-tuesday-128/

    ReplyDelete
  13. OMG, these are such great picks. My faves from your list are Revenge and The Wild, Phoenix, and Crooked Kingdom. I haven't got much idea what they're about, save for Crooked Kingdom, but they all have fantastic titles (and covers). Great picks!

    My TTT: https://bookslikewolves.wixsite.com/blog/single-post/2017/10/10/Top-Autumn-Covers-With-That-Fallish-Trend

    ReplyDelete
  14. Shadowdance was one of my favorite books of the series along with Fireheart! Great list!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Ooh some of those look freaky! I do like Crooked Kingdom...

    ReplyDelete
  16. HP and the Deathly Hallows looks like and sounds like a fall thing. When else do you hear people saying things like hallows?

    ReplyDelete
  17. So many pretty ones!! I still need to finish Diary of a Haunting! It's been on my shelf forever!

    Tracy @ Cornerfolds

    ReplyDelete
  18. I adore that cover for Phoenix! Gahh I always forget how great that series was.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are an award all on their own! So my blog is an award free one! Thanks for any consideration though!