Oct 24, 2017

Teaser & Top Ten Tuesdays

Teaser Tuesday is a weekly feature hosted by Purple Princess of The Purple Booker.


Here are the rules:

1. Grab your current read
2. Open to a page

3. Pick out 2 lines that are SPOILER FREE
4. Name the title, author, etc.


To help set this scene a bit, a teenage girl has just woken from a coma and can't speak just yet. She also wakes to find that she is, in fact, very pregnant!


"'I can't help but wonder what she's thinking about,' Diego said.

I'm thinking about the sex I haven't had, I thought." p 38















TITLE: The Rule of Mirrors
AUTHOR: Caragh M. O'Brien
PUBLISHER: Roaring Brook Press
GENRE: Dystopian YA
RELEASE DATE: February 16, 2016





Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created at The Broke and the Bookish. This feature was created because we are particularly fond of lists here at The Broke and the Bookish. We'd love to share our lists with other bookish folks and would LOVE to see your top ten lists!

Each week we will post a new Top Ten list  that one of our bloggers here at The Broke and the Bookish will answer. Everyone is welcome to join. All we ask is that you link back to The Broke and the Bookish on your own Top Ten Tuesday post AND add your name to the Linky widget so that everyone can check out other bloggers lists! If you don't have a blog, just post your answers as a comment. Have fun with it! It's a fun way to get to know your fellow bloggers.



This week's topic is: Top Ten Unique Book Titles


*in no particular
**ironically, a lot of these titles are fitting for Halloween based on title alone! Though a few of them are actually kind of creepy reads so they're even more perfect!


10. THE GOOD, THE BAD, AND THE UNDEAD by Kim Harrison--I love her play on Clint Eastwood movie titles! 
9. THE SAVAGE DAWN by Melissa Grey--this one snags my attention because I never would've considered dawn "savage"! Usually dawn is the opposite!
8. BETWEEN THE DEVIL AND THE DEEP BLUE SEA by April Genevieve Tucholke--one of the longest titles I've come across. The length is what makes it stand out to me! Plus the words themselves!


7. THE APPEARANCE OF ANNIE VAN SINDEREN by Katherine Howe--another one of those really long titles! I still want to read this one! The cover even sends a cold chill down my neck!
6. THE COLDEST GIRL IN COLDTOWN by Holly Black--another one to read! I find I'm deeply intrigued by the title in a literal sense! Can't wait to see how accurate it will be!
5. SURVIVE THE NIGHT by Danielle Vega--this title alone invokes a bit of terror in me! I mean, why would you need to SURVIVE the night?! And it was a pretty creepy read! Reminded me of a pretty bad scary movie I saw once, oddly when I asked Danielle about, she said she never saw it! So I was like oookay! I can't remember the name of the movie now of course!


4. WHAT A GHOUL WANTS by Victoria Laurie--so now I hear Christina singing GHOUL instead of GIRL when I read this title! LOL!
3. SLASHER GIRLS AND MONSTER BOYS edited by April Genevieve Tucholke--this title invokes another kind of chill up my spine! And the artwork only furthers that chill! It makes you wonder what exactly is this book about--some seriously creepy short stories!!
2. STALKING JACK THE RIPPER by Kerri Maniscalco--since Jack the Ripper kind of "stalked" his victims, I thought this twist of the words really snags your attention!


1. WICKED EVER AFTER by Delilah S. Dawson--another one I STILL need to read, but come on! Why live HAPPILY ever after, when it can be WICKED?!



 



21 comments:

  1. Love the quote. It totally made me giggle. I like how you approached this TTT. Too much of a struggle for me, but there are some great ones there -- Slasher Girls and Monster Boys is probably my favorite title on the list. It's very vivid and intriguing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great list. I can't believe I forgot to add Stalking Jack the Ripper to my own list. I've always thought that one was unique.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are odd titles and scary titles! You did well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE the title, STALKING JACK THE RIPPER!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That teaser cracked me up!
    And my oh my I'm loving all of those books you shared!

    My TT from Monsterland

    ReplyDelete
  6. I totally forgot about the Kim Harrison series. All of those have awesome titles patterned after Clint Eastwood movies. So glad you reminded me! Great list!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lol to the Tuesday Teaser.

    Love the titles you picked for their uniqueness! Wish I thought to add Between the Devil and the Deep Blue Sea to mine, because I love the book.

    My TTT

    ReplyDelete
  8. Stalking Jack the Ripper has a great title. I would never think to do such a thing! Wow.

    Here is our Top Ten Tuesday.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You have some fantastic looking books. I haven't been doing Tuesday memes for a while, just too busy, but I will be back next month. Happy Halloween everyone.
    sherry @ fundinmental

    ReplyDelete
  10. All the titles you've chosen are very unique indeed!

    Here's a link to my TTT post for this week:

    https://myknittingjouneyonestitchatatime.blogspot.com/2017/10/top-ten-tuesday-top-ten-unique-book.html

    ReplyDelete
  11. Nice list! Holly Black´s book almost made my list.

    Here is My Top 10 Tuesday

    ReplyDelete
  12. Stalking Jack The Ripper has such an awesome title! Between The Devil and The Deep Blue Sea sounds intriguing.
    My TTT: https://jjbookblog.wordpress.com/2017/10/24/top-ten-tuesday-130/

    ReplyDelete
  13. That quote put a grin on my face - are you enjoying this one? My TT this week is a hefty read, but very enjoyable - https://sjhigbee.wordpress.com/2017/10/24/teaser-tuesday-24th-october-2017/

    ReplyDelete
  14. The Coldest Girl in Coldtown is a good title, I remember that one catching my eye when I first saw it!

    ~Mogsy @ BiblioSanctum

    ReplyDelete
  15. I ALMOST put Between the Devil and the Deep Blue Sea on my list this week! The Coldest Girl in Coldtown is also really weird. Great list :D

    Here are my Top Ten!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Slasher Girls & Monster Boys is such an awesome title. Too bad I didn’t love the book.

    Aj @ Read All The Things!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Stalking Jack the Reaper was AMAZING! I also want to read the wicked book though! It must be the hat ;)

    ReplyDelete
  18. The titles and covers are all unique!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Bahahaha! That line! How quick, too! Not only are most of your titles unique, so are the covers!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Between The Devil And The Deep Blue Sea is such an awesome title. I remember immediately wanting to read it just from that alone... of course I havent read it yet but I do have it on my shelf lol. Great list!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are an award all on their own! So my blog is an award free one! Thanks for any consideration though!