May 3, 2010

Final Round of RT Pictures

Here are the last round of photos I'm posting from RT:


Here's Stacia Kane at the mass signing! She wrote a lot of slam in the Slam book for her League of Reluctant Adult friends! I even got to touch an ARC of Unholy Ghosts! I touched it and everything and read the BOC! You can even see it a little in the picture. It's the book that's turned face down on the left. Only a few more weeks!

And here is Jenna Black, one of my lunch buddies! She had a cover flap for Glimmerglass and it was beautiful. The pictures on the web don't do it justice! Another few weeks for that release as well. It sounds fabulous. There aren't too many faerie books out there, there are some granted, I haven't read all of them either. I come across them here and there, but faeries don't get the same attention as vampires. So I'm looking forward to this release as well.

And finally here is Jocelynn Drake at the signing again. You can see parts of the massive crowd behind her. Jocelynn was another of my lunch buddies. She is extremely nice and was wonderful to talk to as well as the other authors. Her next book comes out in June. Had I an e-reader I would've been able to get an ARC, but alas I am too poor to afford one, plus I like my books in paper format, one of my non-eco-friendly habits.

The RT Convention was great. If you're an aspiring writer or even just a reader and ever have the chance to go, you should. The authors are all friendly and love meeting their fans. I am super shy and I was able to overcome that temporarily for the week and was able to talk with them. It was seriously the second best trip of my life. See my first RT post for the reasons behind it being #2, but as far as meeting authors it is like #1, but so was meeting Maria Snyder in Pittsburgh back in 08. Really meeting any authors any time all tend to fall under one category.

Kelley Armstrong whom I meet 3 times, once at the signing in Pittsburgh in 08 and another last year in Naperville even remembered me which about made me cry with excitement that an author actually remembered me!! So yes, the trip was great!

1 comment:

Comments are an award all on their own! So my blog is an award free one! Thanks for any consideration though!