Sep 13, 2012

Random Thursday

Did you ever notice that back in the day...like late 80s through the 90s there were what I like to call the "baby cartoons"?

For instants I'll go with my all time fave: A Pup Named Scooby-Doo! Here we see the gang as middle school--think that's what their ages were instead of high school, so like 6 years into the past?

This was seriously one of my fave Saturday morning cartoons! My mom used to tape them for me so I could go back and watch them later. Of course now I bought all the DVDs they released--annoyingly so I bought them in "volumes" and right after they finished that, they released them in their "seasons" which was like 3 or something. Oh well. I have them all, that's what matters!


Another one I watched was Baby Loony Tunes, that one is pretty obvious to what that's about! I thought it was so cute seeing Daffy as a baby! And Lola! And of course our classics like Bugs, Taz, Sylvester, Tweety and oh so much more!

There is just something fun about seeing favorite cartoons in their baby like form!


Another one that I may have watched but don't have strong memories of was Flinstone Kids! I do recall seeing some figurines of these guys in our basement though. So either me or my sister had to have watched them at some point!



And because I just have to mention it since the original was apart of my 90s generation. Rugrats! Yes, the babies who somehow manage to escape their playpen every episode due to inattentive adults! Seriously! Who doesn't keep a better eye on 1-year-olds?

Although Rugrats started out as a "baby cartoon" it wasn't until the show was 10 years old that they had the special "All Growed Up" episode that later turned into All Grown Up where we see the babies 10 years later. I thought the first episode was cute, since it was really just the babies doing what they do best...imagining! Although I may have watched a few episodes of the All Grown Up, just because I am still a Saturday morning cartoon kind of gal!

I do admit to liking the advertisements though! They at least try to keep the characters the same in habits!



So does this bring back memories for anyone else?






6 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh! I remember watching this when I was small to! I use to sit in front of the tv and watch it every morning and afternoon, thanks for posting, really brings back memories!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh WOW! Brings back a TON of memories!!!
    I wish they still played on Saturday mornings, so that my daughter could watch them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't really remember the babyisch cartoons, I do remember loving to watch Rugrats! They were fun little babies. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG, I LOVED the Rugrats! I had my room all decked out in Rugrats gear. The curtains, the bed, you name it. I was kind of old too (12). I didn't care, I love my Tommy Pickles! I still have that tommy safari doll (from the movie) that sings and tells stories.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this post - it certainly made me reminisce! Thank you for sharing the memories! :D

    Steph

    ReplyDelete
  6. The one I used to always watch was the baby muppets!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are an award all on their own! So my blog is an award free one! Thanks for any consideration though!