Nov 16, 2017

Random Thursday

We're getting very close to the end of That's a Fact Jack: A Collection of Utterly Useless Information [Updated] by Harry Bright and Jakob Anser. Less than 100 pages left! But don't worry! I have yet another little book of obscure and random facts! Plus we're still in the beginning of that Disney book too!


(image borrowed from Wikimedia Commons)
"If the minimum wage had risen as fast as the top 1 percent of incomes over the past half century, the lowest-paid workers in the U.S. would earn close to $33.00 an hour."


All that's running through my mind is why didn't we do this?! Lol!


(image borrowed from Disney Wiki)
"The word 'economics' is derived from the Greek oikos ('house') and nemein ('manage').

Anyone else miss this show? I loved the cartoons they showed on this show! Reminiscent of the Mickey Mouse Cartoons from eons ago!


(image borrowed from Subway.com)
"There are more Subway sandwich shops in Manhattan (176) than there are actual subway stations (147).


That's weird! LOL!


(image borrowed from History.com)
"Each floor of New York City's Twin Towers measured 208 feet by 208 feet--just 300 square feet shy of an acre. Each tower comprised 110 stories and had its own ZIP code."


This I did not know!! Dang that's big!


(image borrowed from NY Daily News)
"The observation deck at One World Trade Center, formerly known as the Freedom Tower, will sit 1,362 feet above the ground. A glass parapet will extend to 1,368 feet--the exact height of the original towers."


This event still shocks the heck out of me and I can still remember what I was doing when I heard about it. I was in science class and they came on the intercom to tell us what happened. I remember I was confused at first because kids were talking and I didn't catch it all. The gist of what I heard was a plane crash in NYC and I didn't understand why that was breaking news for St. Louis. Then the teachers pulled the TV out and it was like OH! That's when the shock really hit!






No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are an award all on their own! So my blog is an award free one! Thanks for any consideration though!