Nov 29, 2017

Waiting on Wednesday

Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly blog post by Jill over at Breaking the Spine, that spotlights releases we're eagerly awaiting.
 
 
Before he was Batman, he was Bruce Wayne. A reckless boy willing to break the rules for a girl who may be his worst enemy.

The Nightwalkers are terrorizing Gotham City, and Bruce Wayne is next on their list.

One by one, the city's elites are being executed as their mansions' security systems turn against them, trapping them like prey. Meanwhile, Bruce is turning eighteen and about to inherit his family's fortune, not to mention the keys to Wayne Enterprises and all the tech gadgetry his heart could ever desire. But after a run-in with the police, he's forced to do community service at Arkham Asylum, the infamous prison that holds the city's most brutal criminals.

Madeleine Wallace is a brilliant killer . . . and Bruce's only hope.

In Arkham, Bruce meets Madeleine, a brilliant girl with ties to the Nightwalkers. What is she hiding? And why will she speak only to Bruce? Madeleine is the mystery Bruce must unravel. But is he getting her to divulge her secrets, or is he feeding her the information she needs to bring Gotham City to its knees? Bruce will walk the dark line between trust and betrayal as the Nightwalkers circle closer.
 
 
Really excited for this one! I loved Wonder Woman when I read it, and I always loved the Batman movies! Yeah, I don't really know my comic book lore, I just watched the movies growing up! Michael Keaton is still my favorite Batman...mostly because I loved Michelle Pfeiffer as Catwoman! Again, I know it's probably nothing close to the comic book stories but I can't help but loving her role as Catwoman and her relationship with Batman!
 
 
AUTHOR: Marie Lu
PUBLISHER: Random House Books for Young Readers
GENRE: DC Icons--really not sure what we were calling this genre!
RELEASE DATE: January 2, 2018 
 
 
 
 
 

18 comments:

  1. I'm excited for this one too. I haven't read it yet Leigh Bardugo's Wonder Woman: Warbringer, but I hope to do it soon. I love superheroes so I couldn't be more excited when this book series was announced.

    Happy readings!;)
    Tânia @MyLovelySecret

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know why I always forget about this book! I really want to read this book too! Awesome pick!

    Here’s my WoW!

    Ronyell @ Rabbit Ears Book Blog

    ReplyDelete
  3. Marie Lu and Batman??? The combo I didn't know I needed in my life

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm ashamed to say that I've had this for a couple of months now and I haven't picked it up yet... I'm actually kind of scared because of how tiny the book is. And I've heard rumors about it's editing so I'm concerned. Hopefully it will be as amazing as we want it to be though!

    Thanks for sharing,
    ~Brittany @ Brittany's Book Rambles

    ReplyDelete
  5. I need to try the Wonder Woman one everyone read :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I didn't even know these books were a thing! I'm so out of the loop lately. I hope you enjoy reading this, Jessica!
    Thanks for stopping by My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm on the fence about these DC books, I hope this one is good though!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I want to read this book too! I loved Wonder Woman: Warbringer. :D I hope you enjoy this book when you get the chance to read it!

    Have a great week, Jessica. =)

    Alyssa @ The Eater of Books!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I an not a huge superhero book reader, but when I heard Lu talking about this book at BookCon, I knew I would want to read this one.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ooh a Batman book by Marie Lu??!??

    ReplyDelete
  11. I don't read a lot of superhero books, but this one sounds like it's worth checking out! Thank you for sharing, Jessica:)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I don't know much about comic lore, but I do keep up with all the movies being released! I don't know if I'll be reading these books, but I hope you love them!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I usually just watch superhero movies. This might be a good one for a first read.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I still haven't read Bardugo's Wonder Woman book yet! Once I do, I'll hit this Batman book by Marie Lu - by the time it comes out I should be ready, I hope! :D

    ~Mogsy @ BiblioSanctum

    ReplyDelete
  15. I still need to read the Wonder Woman book. I do want to read this series. It just looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I am really looking forward to this one too! It sounds so good and such a great cover!

    ReplyDelete
  17. YES! I love Marie's books, and I can't wait to read her take on Bruce!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are an award all on their own! So my blog is an award free one! Thanks for any consideration though!