Nov 28, 2017

Teaser & Top Ten Tuesdays

Teaser Tuesday is a weekly feature hosted by Purple Princess of The Purple Booker.


Here are the rules:

1. Grab your current read
2. Open to a page

3. Pick out 2 lines that are SPOILER FREE
4. Name the title, author, etc.


"'Booze. And more booze. Oh, and a hot tub. That was their request last year. A f***ing hot tub.'

'We could actually do that, Sheriff,' Phil says. 'It wouldn't be a jacuzzi-style with jets, but a deep communal tub with fire-heated water and--'

Dalton cuts him off with expletives. Many expletives." p 10*





*This quote comes from the ARC, therefore, it and its page number are NOT final.



TITLE: This Fallen Prey
AUTHOR: Kelley Armstrong

PUBLISHER: Minotaur Books
GENRE: Thriller/Mystery
RELEASE DATE: February 6, 2018






Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created at The Broke and the Bookish. This feature was created because we are particularly fond of lists here at The Broke and the Bookish. We'd love to share our lists with other bookish folks and would LOVE to see your top ten lists!

Each week we will post a new Top Ten list  that one of our bloggers here at The Broke and the Bookish will answer. Everyone is welcome to join. All we ask is that you link back to The Broke and the Bookish on your own Top Ten Tuesday post AND add your name to the Linky widget so that everyone can check out other bloggers lists! If you don't have a blog, just post your answers as a comment. Have fun with it! It's a fun way to get to know your fellow bloggers.



This week's topic is: Top Ten Books on My Winter TBR


*in no particular order
**blogging way ahead again in anticipation of birthdays and holidays that are coming up! So let's hope I am making accurate guesses here!


10. THE DIRT ON THE NINTH GRAVE by Darynda Jones--blogging ahead, I'm hoping I've read book 8 already! I am doing everything I can to get caught up completely with this series! It's near the top of my priority list! Lol.
9. THIS FALLEN PREY by Kelley Armstrong--clearly this one is at the TOP of the list! LOL!
8. PRODIGY by Marie Lu (The Graphic Novel)--I want to get this series wrapped up as well! Just learned (again, at the time of writing this post, LOL!) that Marie will be coming to my city in January! So I need to get this series wrapped up too!


7. THE ROSE SOCIETY by Marie Lu--I need to finish this trilogy before January as well! I am sooo behind on my trilogies!
6. THE SWEETEST BURN by Jeaniene Frost--I think I held off on this one in part because I wanted to binge it with the final book that comes out today. Trying to remember book 1 though will be painful!
5. THE REPLACED by Kimberly Derting--picked this trilogy at random! I want to try to finish some of my trilogies that I was waiting for them to be all out before reading book 2...I'm now a year or is it 2? late! 


4. TORN by Jennifer L. Armentrout--I so need to get reading this one! I am soo behind!
3. THE DEAD LIST by Jennifer L. Armentrout--as you can see, this is the JLA row! And my shame of having so many unread books by a favorite author!
2. THE RETURN by Jennifer L. Armentrout--I still need to START this series! I am so shameful of this!!


1. BURNED by Karen Marie Moning--another one thrown in at random! I am soooo behind in this series as well! Really really want to get caught up by holy wow these are deliciously long!






17 comments:

  1. Ah this is a good list! You have a long way to go on the Karen Marie Moning universe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your list - and particularly you TT this week as she happens to be one of my favourite fantasy authors:). I hope you're enjoying this one. My TT this week involves a prescient mage in a bind...
    https://sjhigbee.wordpress.com/2017/11/28/teaser-tuesday-28th-november-2017/

    ReplyDelete
  3. A lot of wonderful authors in your list!

    And your teaser made me laugh. I could almost see the look on the Sheriff's face. LOL

    My TT from Ring In The Year With Murder

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love Kelley Armstrong but I'm a bit behind on her none Women of the Otherworld books.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This Fallen Prey is high on the list of books I want to read. I hope you are enjoying it. My book this week is The End of All Things by John Scalzi from my TBR mountain. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome teaser, I really need to read This Fallen Prey this winter! One of my favorite series.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I also need to catch up with Charley Davidson series. Nice list!
    Here is My Top 10 Tuesday

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good list and great teaser! Thanks for sharing. My Teaser

    ReplyDelete
  9. I haven't heard of most of these, but I hope you enjoy them when you get to them.

    Happy TTT!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I can't WAIT to read This Fallen PRey! I love the Rockton books. Love the tease- Dalton is pretty awesome. :)

    Prodigy looks good too.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I finally finished The Young Elites trilogy and I am actually getting a little choked up thinking about it. Hope you like it when you finish it.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am really looking forward to This Fallen Prey. I hope you enjoy all of these, Jessica!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your JLA, Derting, and Lu books are also on my every-growing TBR. I know I won't get to them this winter though. *sigh* One day...

    Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I think this post turned into Series I'm Most Behind In. You should totally recommend that topic! ;) On my list would be Outlander and Bloody Jack at the very top! I hope you get to all of these this winter!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Looking forward to this book. Hope you get to many of the books on your list.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love seeing so much JLA up there! I loved all three of those books and I hope you do too!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are an award all on their own! So my blog is an award free one! Thanks for any consideration though!