Jan 31, 2020

Book Blogger Hop

This meme is hosted by Billy at Ramblings of a Coffee Addict!
 
 
This week's question is: What is your opinion of bibliotherapy? Do you think this is a useful way of dealing with psychological issues? If you've used it yourself, or know someone who has, what book(s) would you recommend? (submitted by Maria @ A Night's Dream of Books
 
 
MY ANSWER: Hmm...I suppose it could be a good coping mechanism if that's what the person wants. I feel like this would be something that is should be decided by the person seeking therapy. If this helps them, than all the merrier! I can't say if I would use it for myself. I mean, I'm a reader anyway, reading lets me escape so maybe that's my answer personally? I guess this could be useful, but again, I stress that it would be the "patient's" choice more than anything else. 







2 comments:

  1. I know what you mean, Jessica. I read for entertainment and escapism - I love getting lost in a story. We use stories in books to teach children about lots of different things, eg how to express emotions in a socially acceptable way, parents splitting up, going to school for the first time, death, etc. The list is endless. But, I wasn't aware that this was a named therapy until I googled it!
    I hope you enjoy your weekend. Here's my BBH Post
    Flora x

    ReplyDelete
  2. whatever works for one may not work for another. if it works for you, by all means do it!
    sherry @ fundinmental

    ReplyDelete

Comments are an award all on their own! So my blog is an award free one! Thanks for any consideration though!