Jan 5, 2020

Stacking the Shelves

Stacking The Shelves is all about sharing the books you are adding to your shelves, may it be physical or virtual. This means you can include books you buy in physical store or online, books you borrow from friends or the library, review books, gifts and of course ebooks! The meme is now hosted by Tynga's Reviews and Reading Reality.


Well it's a new year and a new decade! I'm hoping this year will prove to be better than the last one. That year was rough...and I feel like so far that roughness hasn't gone anywhere, but I know (as I write this) it's only been 4 days! Lol. Didn't add too many books to the TBR pile so I'm off to a decent start I suppose, lol! Though I watched one book for months on Amazon and it never went on sale and I can't in good conscience pay full price for a book on Amazon. That's just not right. I don't mind paying full price at author signings, but not with Amazon. Nope.


Here's what I got this week:

Alice's Adventures in Wonderland and Through the Looking Glass by Lewis Caroll & Ill. by Minalima--this was a belated Xmas gift I received and I cannot wait to re-read this beloved tale with all the gorgeous illustrations and interactive elements!


Plus an unpictured B&N Gift card!


Then in trades I received:

A Bad Day for Sunshine by Darynda Jones (ARC)
Happily and Madly by Alexis Bass 


THANK YOU Vivien & Nanacosis!



And then I found my self on the Disney Store's website post holidays and saw the sock advent calendar was on sale with another savings on top of it, so I decided I HAD to have it because the socks were so cute!

I left them in the box for now. I figure maybe next year I'll treat myself to socks for 12 days!
 



And that's it for me this week! What all did you get?










12 comments:

  1. Yay for B&N gift cards, I received one for Christmas myself and I am already daydreaming of which books to buy :) Hope you enjoy your new reads!

    ~Mogsy @ BiblioSanctum

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I want the Darynda Jones one! Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A sock advent calendar is very cool. I would be there for knee socks. I struggle with paying full price for anything. I watch books on Amazon, like people monitor the stock market. That's why my gift cards last forever.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope this is a good year for you! That sock calendar is super cute!

    Have a great week and happy reading,
    Stormi
    Week in Review

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like a great haul this week. I know the amazon watching all too well. I hate when a book I want refuses to drop in price. I find after waiting forever I end up caving or not reading it recently. I totally want to read Alice again this year still one of my favorites. I hope you enjoy spending your B&N card. I love the sock idea. You can always refill each each year after you use it next year. Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Have fun with all your new socks! I wouldn't be able to make it until next year. Haha! I hope you enjoy your new reads!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love that advent calendar, especially since they're all Disney socks!

    Amber Elise @ Du Livre

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's such a pretty edition of Alice's Adventures in Wonderland.

    Happy readings!
    Tânia @MyLovelySecret

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have read Happily and Madly and enjoyed it. It is definitely a Summer beach read. I hope this year brings you all the happiness you could want.

    ReplyDelete
  10. A sock advent calendar sounds so fun!! Hope 2020 is better for you!

    Nicole @ Feed Your Fiction Addiction

    ReplyDelete
  11. I do hope that this turns out to be a great year for you! Are you going to the Brigid Kemmerer this week? I plan to be there with my daughter and would love to say hi.

    Enjoy all of your goodies and have a great week!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are an award all on their own! So my blog is an award free one! Thanks for any consideration though!