Oct 18, 2020

Stacking the Shelves

Stacking The Shelves is all about sharing the books you are adding to your shelves, may it be physical or virtual. This means you can include books you buy in physical store or online, books you borrow from friends or the library, review books, gifts and of course ebooks! The meme is now hosted by Tynga's Reviews and Reading Reality.

 

This has been an extremely long week and very trying weekend. I'm dogsitting a dog that literally never shuts up. He's barking constantly as he still misses his bro who went to the great big dog park in the sky back in July. It's literally been nothing but barking over and over and over again since I walked in the door Friday evening. He apparently sleeps when I run errands and whatnot and when I'm home BARKING NONSTOP. I let him outside and he just barks there too. I figure I don't want him disrupting the neighbors, but my throat is already getting sore from all the yelling and begging him to stop and needless to say, he hasn't.

Soooo, next weekend ought to be better and will actually be my time off from work to enjoy and whatnot. I tried watching movies last night but he wasn't having it. I mean, I get it. We all still miss our other dog, but oooomg you guys, I could barely sleep the night before!! I am sooo tired! I'll be going to be bed like uber early tonight in a vain hope of trying to catch up on missed sleep from the weekend and you know, the work week before.

And honestly, Friday evening was the absolute worst. I finally got some of my packages in the mail. One thing I totally ordered the wrong size. It's cool, I sent it back and ordered the correct one. But it's annoying since I gotta wait longer. Then an item I won at auction on eBay arrived totally broken! I was crushed! Like I practically had tears in my eyes because I was soooo excited for this piece and it was broken due to poor packaging. Luckily the seller is letting me return it and I should be refunded accordingly, but this was the first time I had a BAD eBay experience. I hope that won't happen again. I'm hunting for this piece again, but am fearful that I will have a repeat occurrence.

Now I guess, onto the better part of the week! The goodies!

 

Skyhunter by Marie Lu--SIGNED! I ordered a signed copy from Good Choice Reading and it finally came in! Though I've no clue when I will be able to read it! Lol!



The Lives of Saints by Leigh Bardugo--Illumicrate Edition! I was surprised by how quickly this one arrived! Check out this artwork too! Isn't it just gorgeous!?
 
 
Then for review I received: 
 
Blade of Secrets by Tricia Levenseller (ARC)

 
THANK YOU Feiwel & Friends!
 
 
Then I did get one eBay item I bought unharmed! I mean, it would take mad skills to damage it, but I've seen that happen too...
 

Yup, it's a Caraval patch! I've a few bookish patches floating around and recently bought a tote bag that I plan to decorate with them! Naturally, this will be the centerpiece!
 
 
And perfectly timed was this beauty, I believe it arrived the same day as my book:
 

It's my Skyhunter metal bookmark! 
 
 
THANK YOU Macmillan!! 
 
 
And that was it for me this week! What did you get?
 
 
 
 
 

 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are an award all on their own! So my blog is an award free one! Thanks for any consideration though!