Jun 1, 2021

Teaser & Top Ten Tuesdays

 

Teaser Tuesday is a weekly feature hosted by Purple Princess of The Purple Booker



Here are the rules:

1. Grab your current read
2. Open to a page
3. Pick out 2 lines that are SPOILER FREE
4. Name the title, author, etc.

 

 

"The urge to seize her had been overwhelming. Instead, I'd leaned low--until we were eye to eye and nose to nose--and said fiercely, 'You are everything.'" p 85









TITLE: Blood & Honey
AUTHOR: Shelby Mahurin

PUBLISHER: HarperTeen
GENRE: YA Fantasy
RELEASE DATE: September 1, 2020


Top Ten Tuesday was created by The Broke and the Bookish in June of 2010 and was moved to That Artsy Reader Girl in January of 2018. It was born of a love of lists, a love of books, and a desire to bring bookish friends together.

 

This week's topic is: FREEBIE: Top Ten Covers With a Weapon-Wielding Heroine/Hero

 

*in no particular order

 

10. TRAITOR TO THE THRONE by Alwyn Hamilton--I mean doesn't Amani look badass with her bow?
9. HEXED by Kevin Hearne--I've got to get back to this series!
8. AMERICAN DEMON by Kim Harrison--if you don't think magic is a weapon in the right hands...you haven't been reading the right books!



7. THE BEAUTY OF DARKNESS by Mary E. Pearson--I positively loved this one of Lia!
6. STALKING JACK THE RIPPER by Kerri Maniscalco--even without that eye-catching title, the cover alone had me reaching for this one!
5. THE WINNER'S CRIME by Marie Rutkoski--Kestrel looks so badass in her ballgown and sword! I remember the huge fiasco readers had when the publisher was going to change the covers for the final book and do away with her gorgeous gowns. I mean seriously?!




 4. PRAY FOR DAWN by Jocelynn Drake--good ol Danaus, vampire hunter and omg sexy man! Lol!
3. FRIDAY NIGHT BITES
by Chloe Neill--nearly all of the Chicagoland Vampires series had Merit with a weapon. Not all, but a good amount! Lol!

2. ARCHANGEL'S STORM by Nalini Singh--another series I am vastly behind in! But I needed more heroes with weapons so I chose one from this series! Lol.

 

1. THE REST FALLS AWAY by Colleen Gleason--since most of these heroines and heroes were wielding swords I found one with a different weapon! ;)



 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are an award all on their own! So my blog is an award free one! Thanks for any consideration though!