Nov 5, 2010

Book Blogger Hop

This blogger hop was created by Jennifer at Crazy for Books.

Here are the rules:
1. Enter your book blog link in the Linky List below (be sure to include how long you've been blogging and what genres you review!). If you post about the Hop on your blog, please link directly to your Hop post (don't forget to answer this week's question - see below!).
2. Visit other blogs in the Linky List! Make new friends! Follow new book bloggers! Talk about books! Rave about authors! (Please do not leave your link and not visit other blogs - it's just not cool and not in the spirit of the Hop!)
3. Post about the Hop on your blog! Spread the word about the book party! The more the merrier!
4. In your blog post, answer the following question (new question each week!):
"What are your feelings on losing followers? Have you ever stopped following a blog?"

I actually noticed this the other day, I lost a follower and felt like why? But then the other day I gained a new one, so I'm back at the same number. But It made me a little sad just because I was on a role gaining followers, I'm not a professional reviewer or anything, I just like to comment on the books I read, and soon, I really really hope, I won't even being doing this anymore because I want to be a writer myself and won't have as much time to read and blog about the books I read. I will likely still blog, but it will be as a writer.

I don't really stop following blogs. I may not visit as often but I'll still remain a follower, just because. I don't know why. I can't bring myself to stop following a blog, but I just won't be a a frequent visitor/commenter. Sometimes I don't even comment all too much either. I do try though. Even if it's just to compliment the reviewer on the review.
 

13 comments:

  1. Hi Jessica! Just wanted to stop in and say hi and have a great weekend. We definitely have a similar thought process on followers. It's always a little disappointing to lose one, but I try not to dwell:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jessica,
    I know how you feel when you lose a follower but most likely its not about you personally. So just shrug it off.

    Thanks for stopping by my blog and I hope you have a fantastic weekend!

    I'm a old follower and I'm one that actually reads your blog a lot because I love it. :)

    http://romancebookjunkies.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for stopping by. I hope you have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Old follower stopping by to wish you a great weekend! Thanks for stopping by my blog on the hop! I really appreciate how frequently you comment. I am working on adding my top commentators to my side bar sometime soon with a link back to their blog. You're definitely on the list! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm always a little bummed when I lose followers but make every effort to
    turn every lost follower into a learning experience so I can improve my
    performance.

    On the flip side, I only stop following people when they give me a reason to
    such as being totally off message or being too controversial in an negative,
    over-the-top way.

    Happy Book Blogger Hop Friday!

    Howard Sherman
    http://www.howardsherman.net

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hope your writerly aspirations take off! That's the ultimate in fiction-love---actually creating words. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Every so often I go through the blogs I follow and delete the ones I don't actually visit, so I can keep track of the ones I do. So I can't really get upset if someone else un-follows mine. (I'd wonder what had happened if everyone un-followed at once, though!)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your blog so even when you become a writer you can't quit! :) Thanks for stopping by my blog! Hope you have a great weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great post!
    Stopping by the hop to say hi!

    Thanks for stopping by my blog:http://bookmarkyourthoughts.blogspot.com/2010/11/book-blogger-hop-is-hosted-by-jennifer.html

    ReplyDelete
  10. Don't take it personally! There are lots of reasons why someone would stop following a blog and I don't think it has anything to do with you personally!
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I think that short of being mean or offensive which I just can't see in your face there. It is so hard to keep up that I didn't know Candace's was doing a steampunk thing. Getting to love that.

    Thank you for coming by it's nice to see old friends as well as new.
    http://jessica-agreatread.blogspot.com/2010/11/book-blogger-hop.html

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy HOP! Yep it's sad when someone stops but there is always someone new who loves your blog :)

    Good luck with the writing. Did you sign up for NaNoWriMo?

    Thanks for stopping by

    ReplyDelete
  13. I subscribe, but wasn't an official follower. Am now!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are an award all on their own! So my blog is an award free one! Thanks for any consideration though!