Nov 27, 2010

Cover Art--Charlaine Harris

Saw the cover for next Southern Vampires novel just this morning! It looks pretty interesting, although I miss seeing a vampire on the cover, whether it be Bill or Eric. This is the first time that there hasn't been one. Interesting...

With her knack for being in trouble's way, Sookie witnesses the firebombing of Merlotte's, the bar where she works. Since Sam Merlotte is now known to be two-natured, suspicion falls immediately on the anti-shifters in the area. But Sookie suspects otherwise and she and Sam work together to uncover the culprit - and the twisted motive for the attack. But her attention is divided. Though she can't 'read' vampires, Sookie knows her lover Eric Northman and his 'child' Pam well - and she realises that they are plotting to kill the vampire who is now their master. Gradually, she is drawn into the plot -which is much more complicated than she knows. Caught up in the politics of the vampire world, Sookie will learn that she is as much of a pawn as any ordinary human - and that there is a new Queen on the board . . . 

I don't know. It still sounds interesting I guess, but I'm starting to get tired of the series. It doesn't have it's mystery element anymore. Even the series title has changed to A Sookie Stackhouse Novel. I only bought last years' book because I got it on sale to the point where it was too good to pass up. Unless I get another deal, I might wait for paperback on this one. I used to adore the series, but now it's kind of dragging on me, I still want to read this one though, just not sure how quickly I'll get around to it.

1 comment:

  1. I dont usually like the covers for this series, but I like this one... I still love the series though, Dead in The Family was an awesome book =D

    ReplyDelete

Comments are an award all on their own! So my blog is an award free one! Thanks for any consideration though!