Nov 14, 2010

Top 5 Sundays


Top 5 Sundays is a weekly blog meme created by Larissa at Larissa's Bookish Life.

Here's a little info about the meme taken from Larissa's blog:

Every Sunday I will post a TOP 5 list on the blog. It can be about anything and every week I'll have a new theme {You can vote on next week’s theme on my left sidebar!} and I will ad the Mr.Linky bellow the post so you can do a list with the theme and add you link to it.

Rules:
1 - Write a post listing your TOP 5 choices within the theme I chose (or was chosen on a poll) for the week.
2 - Mention this Blog on the post and link back to it.
3 - Fell free to use the Feature's image (there is a smaller size version of it bellow)
4 - After you've finished your post, add you link (of the post, not your blog's main page) to the Mr.Linky at the end of that week's post.
5 – If you don’t have a blog to post, just leave your list in the comments =)
This week's topic is: BOOKS THAT SHOULD BE MADE INTO MOVIES!

I personally love this topic idea! And while I have a ton of books that I would love be seen made into film, if they were to be made into a TV show that would be awesome as well! Some series sometimes might work better as a TV show, but a series of movies works for me too!! And of course with series this way I don't have to pick a fave one, because really in series all the books are awesome and I can never truly pick one from the series to be a movie over the other one!

So in my perfect world, these books/series would all be made into movies or TV show series so that ALL the books in the series can be seen in live action!

And plus there are quite a few books I love that are already being made into film or TV show, like Charlaine Harris' Southern Vampire Mysteries and now the Harper Connelly ones and Maggie Stiefvater's Shiver!

These will be in no particular order whatsoever!!

Rachel Vincent's Shifter series--movie or TV show doesn't matter! I would love to see this one! And Rachel had said that the rights were bought awhile back ago, it doesn't really mean anything, only that someone is thinking about possibly doing something!

Richelle Mead's Vampire Academy series. I know I thought I heard something about this one in regards to film...a likely possibility. I think there was a Facebook page about it too. So because, as far as I recall, that it's still not 100% official into being made into film, I'll add it here.

Jeaniene Frost's Night Huntress series! OMG, this would be one helluva TV show or even series of movies! I just hope that they would cast Bones right! I have no idea who I would want to see as Bones because I'm terrible at that game of placing actors as characters from books, I create the character image in my head and the actor usually never compares to my version. So they would have to cast Bones right! Man, this would so be an HBO TV show if it went to TV, then I think I would have to add that to our Dish because waiting for True Blood is hard enough, I don't think I could wait for this to come on DVD...if it were to ever become an HBO TV show that is!


Kim Harrison's the Hallows series would be another amazing thing to see in film. Again, TV or movie. Movies are generally better but TV works well for series to stretch things out, but I'm not picky! As long as these things air on regular cable that is! Imagine all the amazing characters they would be able to give face to! I wonder who would play Jenks and how they would film him!



And of course what was probably my fave debut YA book this year, 13 to Life. I still can't explain why I was drawn to this book. Why it sucked me in so deep. And it's not because I share the same name as the MC. I really don't know, only that I was completely compelled with the book and am absolutely DYING to read Secrets and Shadows! Seeing this one in film, particularly movie, because yeah it's book 1 in the series, I think it would be better to have this one in movie film because the SE need to be good and not TV cheesy!

And if I stare at my shelves long enough and really look at all my books, I'm sure I can think of a dozen more that I would want to see, but this is Top 5 Sunday, so I will prevent myself from turning around and looking at my shelves and leave it to these 5 books/series!

3 comments:

  1. Nice choices! The Shifters and Night Huntress series for sure. I've heard good things about the Vampire Academy and 13 to Life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great list Jess!!! the only one I havent read was 13 to life, but I totally agree with the rest!

    OMG I suck at picking actors to play my favorite characters LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. I cannot agree more with you when it comes to Stray, Vampire Academy and The Hallows series... (the only reason I can't agree with the others is that I have yet to read them... I have them on hold at the library though ;) )... Anyways, I just wanted to let you know that I have an award for you here: http://averysbooknook.blogspot.com/2010/11/lookie-here-my-first-award.html
    :)

    ReplyDelete

Comments are an award all on their own! So my blog is an award free one! Thanks for any consideration though!