Oct 12, 2014

Stacking the Shelves

This weekly meme is hosted by Tynga's Reviews.

Stacking The Shelves is all about the books we are adding to our shelves each week, sharing with you our excitement for our newest titles and maybe have you discover a new book in the process!



So after the massive haul of last week, I did marginally better this week. Not so good for the wallet, but for the TBR pile I didn't do too bad! Here's what I got:


From the author for review, I received:

Battle for Blood by Lucienne Diver

THANK YOU Lucienne!


From the publisher for review, I received:

Black Spring by Christina Henry
Another One Bites the Dust by Chris Marie Green


THANK YOU Ace & Roc!


Then I bought:

The Young Elites by Marie Lu
The Spiritglass Charade by Colleen Gleason--keeper copy!
Black Ice by Becca Fitzpatrick--keeper copy!
The Labyrinth by A.C.H. Smith & Jim Henson, Ill by Brian Froud
Fool's Gold by Jaye Wells
The Queen of Zombie Hearts by Gena Showalter--SIGNED keeper copy! So happy I was able to order this signed through the B&N she signed at! YAY!


Then I entered a contest Carrie had earlier at In the Hammock Blog:

 Destined for Doon by Carey Corp & Lorie Langdon

THANKS Carrie & Blink publishers!

Then because I preorederd Talon and submitted my info to the publisher, I got an awesome swag pack:
An awesome cover poster--it has a rip in it but I can easily tape it. Just need a place for it, which might be a long time coming!
a sneak peek booklet
a SIGNED bookplate!

THANKS Harelquin Teen!


So wow, guess I got more than I thought this week after composing this post! At least I've read some of these books already so I'm not adding all of them to the TBR Mountain of Doom! What did you get this week?





22 comments:

  1. So many great books here. I really want to check Black Ice, even if it's not my usual read. Another One Bites the Dust and the series has been on my radar. It sounds good but I usually stay away from ghost stories... Have a great weekend and thanks for stopping by Tynga's Reviews!

    ReplyDelete
  2. that's so great, I'm quite jealous! Lucienne Diver sounds great, I'm really curious about her series. happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oops! I forgot to mention that I got the Talon swag pack too. I can't wait to get the book. I haven't read any of the rest of your books but they all look good. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! You did get a lot of goodies this week! Yay for having read some of them already - it always feels good nit adding to the TBR.

    I haven't read the Showalter books yet, but I have the first one and hope to read it soon. I met Jaye Wells this week and got a signed copy of the first book in the series you just got too :) Enjoy your new reads!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am really digging The Spiritglass Charade. ... Wait. Labyrinth? Ah, you're adding to my own TBR Mountain of Doom with that one. Just can't resist.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The cover for The Spiritglass Charade looks absolutely gorgeous, and The Queen of Zombie Hearts seems like a fun read (I should really get a start on that series; everyone is raving about it!). And that's cool that you were at the event! I thought it was so amazing and inspiring, and the authors were all so lovely. I definitely wish they'd come more often to my corner of the US! :)

    Thanks for stopping by my StS! Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, the Talon swag is awesome! And so are all your new books, Jessica! Black Spring and The Young Elites look great!
    I hope you'll enjoy all your new books :) Thanks for stopping by yesterday.

    Lexxie @ (un)Conventional Bookviews

    ReplyDelete
  8. Black Ice sounds good! I didn't love the author's other series but I still want to check this one out. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great haul! Great minds think alike with that Black Ice but I haven't read it before so it will be new to me. Hope you enjoy your new reads :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I just saw The Queen of Zombie Hearts at Target and it's beautiful, even under the jacket. I need to get finished copies. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I cannot wait to red Talon and that swag is sweet! Enjoy your new books my friend

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hmm, I do like that cover on Battle for the Blood - very striking! Thanks for checking out how I'm Stacking the Shelves this week.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I've seen Doon a lot on the blogosphere, I am super curious now! :) And I didn't know the Spiritglass Charade was out!

    Have an awesome week Jessica!

    Amber Elise @Du Livre

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great haul! I got Another One Bites The Dust as well for review, and I'm also going to keep my eye open for The Young Elites at my library.

    Thanks for stopping by my STS!

    ~Mogsy @ BiblioSanctum

    ReplyDelete
  15. Loved Black Ice and The Young Elites! And I can't wait to read The Queen of Zombie Hearts - soon! Loving the Talon poster :D

    Alyssa @ The Eater of Books!

    ReplyDelete
  16. So many lovely books! That Talon pack is gorgeous! You have so much to look forward to reading with all of these! I hope you enjoy all of them and I look forward to hearing what you think about them! I hear that the spiritglass charade is really good. I am going to have to pick that one up, too. Enjoy your books!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I want to read Talon so bad, but I have only heard okay things which scares me.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Doom sounds good, hope its a great read and that your week is awesome

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh my gosh, girl! That signed copy of Queen of Zombie Hearts and that Talon swag! So jealous :D Jaclyn @ JC's Book Haven.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Nice haul, Jessica. Most of these are new to me.

    Hope you enjoy reading them all.

    Marilyn @ Marilyn's Mystery Blog

    ReplyDelete
  21. I love that poster, Jessica! and some pretty amazing reads in your haul, enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Wow!! Awesome Talon Swag Pack! So jealous!!
    Enjoy your fab new reads!

    Thanx for visiting My Weekly Wrap-Up!
    Naomi @ Nomi’s Paranormal Palace

    ReplyDelete

Comments are an award all on their own! So my blog is an award free one! Thanks for any consideration though!