Apr 13, 2016

Waiting on Wednesday

Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly blog post by Jill over at Breaking the Spine, that spotlights releases we're eagerly awaiting.


The much anticipated sequel to the breathtaking The Wrath and the Dawn, lauded by Publishers Weekly as "a potent page-turner of intrigue and romance."
I am surrounded on all sides by a desert. A guest, in a prison of sand and sun. My family is here. And I do not know whom I can trust.
In a land on the brink of war, Shahrzad has been torn from the love of her husband Khalid, the Caliph of Khorasan. She once believed him a monster, but his secrets revealed a man tormented by guilt and a powerful curse—one that might keep them apart forever. Reunited with her family, who have taken refuge with enemies of Khalid, and Tariq, her childhood sweetheart, she should be happy. But Tariq now commands forces set on destroying Khalid's empire. Shahrzad is almost a prisoner caught between loyalties to people she loves. But she refuses to be a pawn and devises a plan.

While her father, Jahandar, continues to play with magical forces he doesn't yet understand, Shahrzad tries to uncover powers that may lie dormant within her. With the help of a tattered old carpet and a tempestuous but sage young man, Shahrzad will attempt to break the curse and reunite with her one true love.


Soooo cannot wait to read this one!!! Hearing that this is the last book in the series...that it's a duology!! How did I not know that?! I'm not ready for the end!!

TITLE: The Rose and the Dagger
AUTHOR: Renee Ahdieh
PUBLISHER: G.P. Putnam's Sons Books for Young Readers
GENRE: Fantasy YA

RELEASE DATE: April 26, 2016 


John "Smoke" Conlan is serving time for two murders but he wasn't the one who murdered his English teacher, and he never intended to kill the only other witness to the crime. A dangerous juvenile rehabilitation center in Denver, Colorado, known as the Y, is Smoke's new home and the only one he believes he deserves.

But, unlike his fellow inmates, Smoke is not in constant imprisonment. After a near death experience leaves him with the ability to shed his physical body at will, Smoke is able to travel freely outside the concrete walls of the Y, gathering information for himself and his fellow inmates while they're asleep in their beds. Convinced his future is only as bright as the fluorescent lights in his cell, Smoke doesn't care that the "threads" that bind his soul to his body are wearing thin-that one day he may not make it back in time. That is, until he meets Pink, a tough, resourceful girl who is sees him for who he truly is and wants to help him clear his name.

Now Smoke is on a journey to redemption he never thought possible. With Pink's help, Smoke may be able to reveal the true killer, but the closer they get to the truth, the more deadly their search becomes. The web of lies, deceit, and corruption that put Smoke behind bars is more tangled than they could have ever imagined. With both of their lives on the line, Smoke will have to decide how much he's willing to risk, and if he can envision a future worth fighting for.


I still kind of debate about this one, but I adored Elle's Nearly series, which I'm hoping continues!! So I might have to check this one out too!

TITLE: Holding Smoke
AUTHOR: Elle Cosimano
PUBLISHER: Hyperion
GENRE: Thriller YA
RELEASE DATE: May 3, 2016



Casey Duncan is a homicide detective with a secret: when she was in college, she killed a man. She was never caught, but he was the grandson of a mobster and she knows this crime will catch up to her. Casey's best friend, Diana, is on the run from a violent, abusive ex-husband. When Diana's husband finds her, and Casey herself is attacked shortly after, Casey knows it's time for the two of them to disappear again.

Diana has heard of a domestic violence support town made for people like her, a town that takes in people on the run who want to shed their old lives. You must apply to live in Rockton and if you're accepted, it means walking away entirely from your old life, living off the grid in the wilds of Canada: no cell phones, no Internet, no mail, no computers, very little electricity, and no way of getting in or out without the town council's approval. As a murderer, Casey isn't a good candidate, but she has something they want; she's a homicide detective, and Rockton has just had its first real murder. She and Diana are in. However, soon after arriving, Casey realizes that the identity of a murderer isn't the only secret Rockton is hiding - in fact, she starts to wonder if she and Diana might be in even more danger in Rockton than they were in their old lives.

An edgy, gripping crime novel from bestselling writer, Kelley Armstrong, City of the Lost boldly announces a major new player in the crime fiction world.


More Kelley Armstrong!! EEEEE!!!

TITLE: City of the Lost
AUTHOR: Kelley Armstrong
PUBLISHER: Minotaur Books
GENRE: Thriller Mystery

RELEASE DATE: May 3, 2016




  

28 comments:

  1. I got City of the Lost! Although I still have to read it, this sounds really promising :) Love your picks, Jessica!

    Here's my WoW!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I bought The Wrath and the Dawn a few weeks ago and can't wait to read it. I really need read some Kelley Armstrong. Great picks!

    Carole @ Carole's Random Life

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just saw about KArmstrong's book earlier this week :D Can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! Holding Smoke and The Rose and the Dagger both look like my kinds of reads. Definitely keeping my eyes opened for them!

    http://http://epiloguereview.blogspot.com/2016/04/waiting-on-wednesday-1.html?m=1

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love Kelley Armstrong and really can't wait to get my hands on this book. I loved her first series and it's one of the few I can say I've actually completed. Great choices!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have just added Holding Smoke and City of the Lost both to m TBR, so thanks for sharing! I actually DNFed TWATD so I won't be picking up the second in the series!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think we're all excited for The Rose and the Dagger. I'm not much into crime novels, but I hope you love Holding Smoke! Great picks :)

    Christina @ Books & Prejudice

    ReplyDelete
  8. I still need to read The Wrath and the Dawn! I think I'll binge read this series back to back:) And I really enjoyed Elle's Nearly series as well, so I'm looking forward to seeing what she does with Holding Smoke:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great picks-- hope you get a chance to read and enjoy soon and have a great rest of the week.

    ReplyDelete
  10. The Rose and the Dagger is definitely on my list. I have it pre-ordered. And City of The Lost sounds really good as well. I'm adding that to Goodreads. Great picks.
    Cassi @ My Thoughts Literally

    ReplyDelete
  11. I've been eyeing Holding Smoke for the longest time but haven't heard much about it. I hope you'll love it!

    ReplyDelete
  12. City of the Lost looks excellent. Going to add it to my TBR.
    Lauren @Lauren's Reading Obsession

    ReplyDelete
  13. City of the Lost sounds exactly like my kind of book! Great pick!

    Thanks for stopping by my WoW!

    ReplyDelete
  14. All sounds very good, I hope you enjoy reading all of them. Thanks for sharing and stopping by my blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. The Rose and The Dagger is definitely on my list of books I need to get the minute they are released. Here is my WOW

    ReplyDelete
  16. Alright, you've provided some new titles for me to investigate as usual!!

    I like your blog a lot and have nominate you for The Gemstone Book Tag. Check out my blog post for more details! Thanks! http://captivatedreader.blogspot.com/2016/04/the-birthstone-book-tag.html

    ReplyDelete
  17. Goodness does the new Kelley Armstrong book look good.

    My WOW

    ReplyDelete
  18. Holding Smoke and City of the Lost look really good. I don't read a lot of crime/thrillers, but my reviewer Melody loves that genre.

    ReplyDelete
  19. 3 great picks today! I hope you enjoy reading all of them.
    Thanks for stopping by My WoW earlier.

    ReplyDelete
  20. The one I'm most excited about is The Rose and the Dagger. I enjoyed The Wrath and the Dawn. I can't believe it's only a duology either!

    ~Mogsy @ BiblioSanctum

    ReplyDelete
  21. I have The Rose and the Dagger ARc and I cannot wait to start it!

    ReplyDelete
  22. These are all new to me. Hope you enjoy them all when you get a chance to read them.

    ReplyDelete
  23. I've not heard of most of these - except ROSE, which I cannot wait to read! I hope you enjoy this book when you get the chance to read it!

    Thanks for visiting my blog! Have a fabulous week, Jessica. :)

    Alyssa @ The Eater of Books!

    ReplyDelete
  24. DAGGER AND THE ROSE COMES OUT IN TWO WEEKS. Gotta let my job know that I feel a cold coming on. :p

    ReplyDelete
  25. Great picks! I still need to read The Wrath and the Dawn, but I'm glad the series is moving along. I'll eventually read it, hopefully sometime this year! I hadn't seen Holding Smoke before, but it sounds really good! Adding it to my TBR. I'm really excited for City of the Lost too! Thanks for visiting my WOW! Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  26. This is actually a great idea. To pick more than one, specially since there are so many books coming out! TR&TD is amazing! I hope you enjoy it as much as I did!

    Leydy @ OUAT

    P.S
    Enter these cool giveaways!
    JOY Blu-ray | Dirtiest Secret | Will You Won't You Want Me?

    ReplyDelete
  27. I have to read The Wrath and the Dawn so I can join everyone in the excited for Rose and Dagger.

    ReplyDelete
  28. These all sound like good reads! I love the sound of Holding Smoke!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are an award all on their own! So my blog is an award free one! Thanks for any consideration though!