Apr 20, 2016

Waiting on Wednesday

I hate waiting...
Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly blog post by Jill over at Breaking the Spine, that spotlights releases we're eagerly awaiting.


Feyre survived Amarantha's clutches to return to the Spring Court--but at a steep cost. Though she now has the powers of the High Fae, her heart remains human, and it can't forget the terrible deeds she performed to save Tamlin's people.

Nor has Feyre forgotten her bargain with Rhysand, High Lord of the feared Night Court. As Feyre navigates its dark web of politics, passion, and dazzling power, a greater evil looms--and she might be key to stopping it. But only if she can harness her harrowing gifts, heal her fractured soul, and decide how she wishes to shape her future--and the future of a world cleaved in two.

With more than a million copies sold of her beloved Throne of Glass series, Sarah J. Maas's masterful storytelling brings this second book in her seductive and action-packed series to new heights.

Yay!! We're almost there! We're almost there!! I LOVED ACOTAR and SOOOO cannot wait to read this one!!

AUTHOR: Sarah J. Maas
PUBLISHER: Bloomsbury USA Childrens
GENRE: Fantasy YA
RELEASE DATE: May 3, 2016

She may no longer be human…but she’s their only hope.

In the concluding book in the otherworldly Taking trilogy, Kyra struggles to understand who she is as she races to save the world from complete destruction.

Ever since Kyra was abducted by aliens and then returned to earth, she has known there was something different about her. Now she knows the truth: she is an alien too. Her alien captors replaced all her human DNA with their own—gifting her with supernatural powers like incredible healing, enhanced eyesight, and telekinesis. But when she’s captured by an unexpected enemy, Kyra begins to wonder if her abilities are also a curse. And is she, as her enemies believe, meant to play some key role in helping an impending alien invasion? Is it programmed into her, something inescapable? Or can she fight that destiny?

No matter what the truth is, Kyra is sure of one thing: She just rescued the love of her life, Tyler, and she is not going to stand by and let anyone hurt him or her friends. Whatever it takes, Kyra will do everything in her power to save the world…even if it means making the ultimate sacrifice.
 


Ugh! I am so behind! I still need to read the second book. Definitely plan to binge these two. And it's soooo hard not to spoil myself. I think I just read that first line...but by the time I read book 2, I should already forget about it. I hope! LOL!

PUBLISHER: HarperTeen
GENRE: Sci-Fi YA
RELEASE DATE: May 10, 2016 




 

25 comments:

  1. I need to seriously read A Court of Thrones and Roses because A Court of Mist and Fury is everywhere! I loved the first book in The Taking trilogy and need to get caught up.

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  2. I looked at the audiobook for ACOMAF yesterday and it was 23 hours long! That's a long book. Anyway, I have that one pre-ordered. Nice picks!

    Christina @ Books & Prejudice

    ReplyDelete
  3. I feel so bad that I have yet to read a book by Kimberly. I know, I should be ashamed! Great picks! Really looking forward to ACoMaF.
    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  4. I read ACOTAR last year and found the first 2/3 of the book a drag, but then the last 1/3 kicked it up to about a 4 star rating for me. I really don't like Feyre, but I am hoping that changes with the second one. I liked her mean, snaky sister better and hope she makes more appearances. Don't think I will buy it but will definitely be grabbing it from the library.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I haven't read anything by either of these authors before. I hope you love both of these books when you read them!
    Thanks for stopping by My WoW earlier.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I cannot wait for ACOMAF! I'm really hoping that no love triangle develops but I'm keeping my fingers crossed.I can't believe that it's less than a month away!
    My WoW
    http://epiloguereview.blogspot.com/2016/04/waiting-on-wednesday-2.html?m=1#comment-form

    ReplyDelete
  7. I cannot wait for ACOMAF! I'm really hoping that no love triangle develops but I'm keeping my fingers crossed.I can't believe that it's less than a month away!
    My WoW
    http://epiloguereview.blogspot.com/2016/04/waiting-on-wednesday-2.html?m=1#comment-form

    ReplyDelete
  8. YES!!! I just finished my ACOTAR re-read yesterday and I am basically dying to get my hands on ACOMAF!

    Here's my WoW!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great picks- hope that you get a chance to read and enjoy soon!

    ReplyDelete
  10. A COURT OF MIST AND FURY!!!!! I couldn't be more excited for that book!!! *attempts to wait patiently*

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm yet to read the previous book in this series, but almost EVERYONE I know is waiting for ACOMAF! I hope you enjoy it even more than you did the previous one, Jessica! Also, good luck with binging on the those two books :))

    Check out what book I'm waiting on this week here

    ReplyDelete
  12. I really need to read more from Sarah I've only read one book. I hope you enjoy it. Thanks for sharing and stopping by my blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I've yet to start either series. Awesome picks though, and hope you get to catch up on The Taking :)

    Happy Wednesday!

    Shane @ Itching for Books

    ReplyDelete
  14. Both new series to me but I hope you love them!

    Thanks for stopping by my WoW!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Yes!!! I can't wait for A Court of Mist and Fury!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'll probably check out A Court of Mist and Fury! I wasn't completely sold on the first book, but I am intrigued enough to want to continue!

    ~Mogsy @ BiblioSanctum

    ReplyDelete
  17. I have yet to read both these series.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I think many are waiting on ACOMAF, me being one of them. The Countdown looks interesting. It's been a while since I read something by KD.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh man! I forgot that I have an ARC of the second book you featured... I wonder where that ended up. o_o It was unsolicited so I kind of forgot about it. Anyway, I hope you enjoy these books when you read them!

    Thanks for visiting my blog! Have a fantastic week, Jessica. :)

    Alyssa @ The Eater of Books!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I have seen A Court of Mist and Fury around. It does look interesting!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Both of those are high on my TBR list! Great pick!
    Check out my WOW

    ReplyDelete
  22. Great picks! I can't wait to read the one by Sarah J. Maas. She's really good at Fantasy.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Don't feel bad, I'm further behind than you are. i haven't even started these series yet! They've been on my TBR list forever, but I just haven't gotten to them. Hopefully soon!

    ReplyDelete
  24. ACOMAF! Yes! I cannot wait to read that one!

    ReplyDelete
  25. I got A Court of Mist and Fury in the post this week! Cannot wait!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are an award all on their own! So my blog is an award free one! Thanks for any consideration though!