Teaser Tuesday is a weekly feature hosted by MizB of Books and Beat.
Here are the rules:
1. Grab your current read
2. Open to a page
3. Pick out 2 lines that are SPOILER FREE
4. Name the title, author, etc
"'Of course it's not a fight," said Val. 'I'm just watching out for you because you're a goddess.' She paused. 'A real fight? Please. I love you. Don't make me make a Tumblr.'" p 205*
*This quote comes from the ARC copy, therefore it and its page number are not final.
TITLE: The Edge of Everything
AUTHOR: Jeff Giles
PUBLISHER: Bloomsbury USA Childrens
GENRE: (Light) Paranormal YA
RELEASE DATE: January 31, 2017
Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created at The Broke and the Bookish. This feature was created because we are particularly fond of lists here at The Broke and the Bookish. We'd love to share our lists with other bookish folks and would LOVE to see your top ten lists!
Each week we will post a new Top Ten list that one of our bloggers here at The Broke and the Bookish will answer. Everyone is welcome to join. All we ask is that you link back to The Broke and the Bookish on your own Top Ten Tuesday post AND add your name to the Linky widget so that everyone can check out other bloggers lists! If you don't have a blog, just post your answers as a comment. Have fun with it! It's a fun way to get to know your fellow bloggers.
This week's topic is: Thanksgiving Freebie: Books I am Thankful For!
*in no particular order
10. VERONICA MARS: THE THOUSAND DOLLAR TAN LINE by Rob Thomas & Jennifer Graham--finding my love for Veronica late in life I was THRILLED when a book series would pick up where the movie left off. Sadly, it seems it only lasted 2 books. And I still need to read that second one...
9. DEMON IN MY VIEW by Amelia Atwater-Rhodes--the book that started it all! My obsession with vampires and all things paranormal link back to this beauty!
8. OLD MAGIC by Marianne Curley--another book I devoured time and time again growing up! My first experience with time travel blended with magic! It was perfect!!
7. BLOOD AND CHOCOLATE by Annette Curtis Klause--what I believe was my first werewolf book and pretty much spawning my love for them as well! It was sooo epic! And trust me, this book is a MILLION times better than its movie! And there's a mystery involved too!
6. POISON STUDY by Maria V. Snyder--what helped spawn my love for adult fantasies! Though this book has been categorized as both, I found it in the adult section, therefore I will always consider it adult! LOL! And it also started a great friendship with Maria as well!
5. HARRY POTTER AND THE SORCERER'S STONE by J.K. Rowling--this was a huge part of my teen years. I started it when I was 11 or possibly just turned 12, so I basically grew up alongside Harry in some ways!
4. OBSIDIAN by Jennifer L. Armentrout--to read a book about a book blogger was just friggin amazing! I loved that Katy loved to read! I loved that she read books I've read. And I LOVED that she didn't take Daemon's crap! That she gave the snark right back to him! I LOVED even more that she dumped her spaghetti on his head! And yes, I loved Daemon too!
3. THE MEDIATOR: SHADOWLAND by Jenny Carroll aka Meg Cabot--this series was sooo important to me! As a young teen growing up and desperately wanting to read something paranormal involving teenagers my age or close to it, Suze was actually older than me when I was reading about her for the first time! It was the PERFECT series for me! I loved Suze's snark! I loved the ghosts! I loved Jesse! It was EXACTLY what I needed!!
2. REMEMBRANCE by Meg Cabot--yup! Thankful for this one too! It was the finale that I didn't know I needed! And WOW! Was it freaking amazing!! It was like the Veronica Mars movie in a way! Seeing everyone again after sooo many years have gone by! I legit cried when I got it out of sheer happiness to be returning to this world again! *And the ugliness that later came with my cc being stolen by buying it online doesn't even damper my love for this one!
1. UNTITLED INTERTWINED #4 by Gena Showalter--it's not out yet. There's no title yet. There's no given release date yet. But I am so. INCREDIBLY. GRATEFUL. That this book will finally be existing soon! Gena answered my question on the Goodreads chat and said that she will eventually make time for this one! It might be a novella, but it WILL BE the ENDING that we've all been waiting for! And I am seriously waiting with bated breath! I CANNOT WAIT!!! And I AM SOOOO FREAKING HAPPY and GRATEFUL that it WILL EXIST!!! 😂😂