Nov 17, 2016

Random Thursday

Let us return once again to the ever entertaining That's a Fact Jack: A Collection of Utterly Useless Information [Updated] by Harry Bright and Jakob Anser! I am learning new things right there with you all as I share these and I am feeling educated! LOL!

(image borrowed from The Mummy Wiki)
"In 897, Pope Stephen VI exhumed the rotting corpse of his predecessor, Formosus, in order to put him on trial. Although the deacons put up a spirited defense, the corpse was eventually found guilty of perjury. As punishment, the corpse had its three 'sacred' fingers broken off, was dressed in layman's clothes, and buried again. Later it was exhumed again and tossed into a river."

Jaw literally dropped. Thinking about the extremes of exhuming a corpse to find him guilty of a crime way after the fact. I mean, damn!!! That's crazy!!




 



1 comment:

  1. LOL It's pretty gruesome but I can't help laughing at how ridiculous that is.
    sherry @ fundinmental

    ReplyDelete

Comments are an award all on their own! So my blog is an award free one! Thanks for any consideration though!